Guns in bars - Page 7
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 101

Thread: Guns in bars

  1. #61
    handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman1911 View Post
    Restraint has to be the mitigating factor here. In AZ it is LEGAL to carry in a bar...not so sure how SMART it is for the average bar fly.

    I go to a bar in my town pretty regularly, but I don't drink. It's not a moral or religious stand against drinking...I just decided back in my 20's that drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, and stopped. The bar I go to however has the BEST old fashioned burgers and basket of O-rings on the planet. Do I carry in there? Yep...but my beverage of choice is Diet Pepsi.

    Alcohol + Stupid Man Pride = Bad Things A'gonna Happen...maybe not now, but sooner or later...like the turd who advocated shooting someone for punching him. Can you imagine adding alcohol to THAT mix?

    HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM....."I have had three beers, though I feel fine (though my ability to judge just how fine I actually am has been affected by the amount of alcohol I have consumed). OH NO HE DI'ENT! He just said I was (insert insult here...short...little peepee...talked on my momma)! Lemme cuss him real good. OH NO! He punched me! I can't just take the punch, I have to show him and this honky tonk tatted up tramp I am trying to impress what a MAN'S MAN I am...."

    BANG BANG BANG "DAMN...I missed (you know...because my fine motor skills have gone out the window in direct proportion the the amount of alcohol I have consumed THOUGH I DON'T REALIZE IT)!

    Girl who was throwing darts in now dead on the floor with a bullet through her lungs. Jukebox has been double tapped, and YOUR DUMB ASS is now going to prison, OR everyone in the hayshaker bar you decided to go into is stomping you into the sawdust on the floor becasue you packed your heater into a bar WHERE YOU CHOSE TO DRINK ALCOHOL and let your little man pride get pricked and had a pissing contest with a loud mouth who MAY have deserved a punch in the nose, but not getting gunned down.

    I am a little passionate about this BECAUSE I WAS THE RESPONDING OFFICER IN AN INCIDENT JUST LIKE THIS where a 22 year old girl lost her life because some turd was packing WHILE "Just having a few beers".

    If you are man enough to go into a bar and NOT drink alcohol...even one beer...fine, no need to disarm. You MAY have to shoot the aforementioned turd I spoke of.

    HOWEVER....if you plan on consuming alcohol..be the BETTER, SMARTER man...and leave it in the car. If you and some other loudmouth swap punches...get it done, have a beer together...CALL A CAB to go home and that's the end of it. A much happier ending, and some schmuck like me doesn't have to end my shift knocking on a door and telling someone's parent's or husband....."I am so sorry to wake you at this hour, but It is my duty to inform you that_______________ has been shot and killed...."
    I agree with you 100%, and then some. I do not drive if I have drank anything with alcohol, nor would I carry or handle firearms if I had done the same. It's just the right thing to do.

  2.   
  3. #62
    The Tennessee law was not actually targeted at bars. It was meant for restaurants that contain bars and serve food (Chilis, Applebys, O'Charlies, etc.) TN Law prohibits alcohol consumption in any manner while carrying, so the drinking issue is moot. Most of these places are posted anyway, so again, it usually a dead issue.

    Tennessee has very few actual bars, meant solely for alcohol sales, as compared to the northern and Mid Western states . Most of the bars here are in large city entertainment areas and in little county line hideaways. Most folks down here drink at home, at a friends, or while fishing! If I eat at one of the fanciers digs, and I do like their food, I usually put 642 in the COM safe in the trunk. If I have a couple of Samuel Adams with my chimichanga, I leave my little buddy there until I get home.

    Rules is rules, and I am getting too old and too tired to fight against them.

  4. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by wjh2657 View Post
    The Tennessee law was not actually targeted at bars. It was meant for restaurants that contain bars and serve food (Chilis, Applebys, O'Charlies, etc.) TN Law prohibits alcohol consumption in any manner while carrying, so the drinking issue is moot. Most of these places are posted anyway, so again, it usually a dead issue.

    Tennessee has very few actual bars, meant solely for alcohol sales, as compared to the northern and Mid Western states . Most of the bars here are in large city entertainment areas and in little county line hideaways. Most folks down here drink at home, at a friends, or while fishing! If I eat at one of the fanciers digs, and I do like their food, I usually put 642 in the COM safe in the trunk. If I have a couple of Samuel Adams with my chimichanga, I leave my little buddy there until I get home.

    Rules is rules, and I am getting too old and too tired to fight against them.

    Ask Suzanna Hupp What happened because she left her gun in the car.

    YouTube - The Suzanna Hupp testimony

    You just keep on thinking you are safe and it won't happen to you.
    Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

  5. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Edsworld View Post
    If you're gonna go to a bar and drink...lock it in your vehicle.
    And that Sir, has been my point the whole time! If you aren't going to drink...there is NO reason at all to lock it away. If you ARE going to drink...lock it up.

    That way...you have acted completely responsibly, therefore protecting your right to continue to carry and not have yet one more of our freedoms legislated away because of the actions of the irresponsible. Don't give the pricks any more ammo to use against us.

  6. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman1911 View Post
    If you're gonna go to a bar and drink...lock it in your vehicle.
    What happen to "if you are going to a bar and drink...don't drive there in there in the first place!"

  7. #66
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania, Delaware County
    Posts
    451
    I wonder how many LEO around the country after work gets a cold one while armed? I know the number is vast, especially in NYC.

  8. #67
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Santa Fe Area, New Mexico
    Posts
    3,487
    I agree with CC’ing as much as you can and everywhere you can. TOO many nut jobs out there to take your safe being for granted, hence why we CC. It's total insanity to drink and carry. It opens up a huge can of worms and possibly a coffin, hopefully not yours. Judgment is affected by consumption, how much depends ONLY on amount. A jury of your Peers will take this into consideration. I my friends do not want that aspect ever to have to be considered.
    We all have choices; please exercise your choices with extreme prudence. Just my opinion, you CC as you choose.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

  9. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman1911 View Post
    And that Sir, has been my point the whole time! If you aren't going to drink...there is NO reason at all to lock it away. If you ARE going to drink...lock it up.

    That way...you have acted completely responsibly, therefore protecting your right to continue to carry and not have yet one more of our freedoms legislated away because of the actions of the irresponsible. Don't give the pricks any more ammo to use against us.
    I was making fun of your statement, not agreeing with it.
    Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

  10. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Edsworld View Post
    I was making fun of your statement, not agreeing with it.
    Wherever she was...whether the law said she could or couldn't, and I believe the law then in Texas was NO CCW. Okay, fine deal with it. I do not, and never have supported ANY law or policy which PROHIBITS by any sort of legislation that one should not have the absolute right to carry anywhere at any time. I have clearly stated that I CARRY A GUN EVERYWHERE...even in a bar...I SIMPLY DO NOT DRINK. A PERSONAL choice because guns and alcohol don't mix.

    Other than prove you have one weak pedantic and repetitive argument where you scream SECOND AMMENDMENT from the roof tops...which oh by the way...I AGREE WITH THE 2nd EMMENDMENT 100%. You haven't been smart or perceptive enough to see what I am saying. Here goes one last time you dense idiot:

    GUNS AND ALCOHOL DON'T MIX. DRINKING WHILE ARMED IS STUPID, NO MATTER WHERE YOU CHOOSE TO DRINK WHETHER IT IS IN A BAR OR YOUR BATH TUB. ALCOHOL IS A DEPRESSANT AND MOOD ALTERING SUNSTANCE WHICH CAN AND WILL DIMINSH YOUR ABILITY TO EXCERCISE SOUND JUDGMENT AND CAUSE MOOD SWINGS AND IN SOME CASES VIOLENT TENDENCIES.

    I NEVER SAID YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO CARRY IN A BAR. I NEVER SAID I SUPPORT ANY LEGISLATION TO LIMIT OR INFRINGE ON YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE CONSTITUTION AND BILL OF RIGHTS BECAUSE I DON'T. I SIMPLY ARGUE THAT YOU SHOULD BE RESPONSIBLE AND REASONABLE ENOUGH TO CHOOSE FOR YOURSELF NOT TO DRINK AND CARRY.

    Ed...if you can't see and recognize what I have said over and over again because you are so damned dense and too cross eyed because of your so-called perception that someone might be trying to INFRINGE upon your rights...which I am not as I am NOT PROSOSING or even SUGGESTING, nor would I EVER SUPPORT legislation that limited in ANY way our right to carry anywhere, then you are probably the little closet commando who is so eager to be able to blast someone your thinking is clouded beyond belief. I wonder what your last cause du jour was? I mean really...were you THAT GUY who was picked on when you were a kid? Were you THAT guy who had your lunch money stolen, and it has so damaged you that by golly now you are gonna get some payback??? I am guessing you are a lonely and angry little troll with long hair and sissy beard and take your gun to the shower because you say PSYCHO one too many times, and old Normie Bates may be in your house. Glock On A Rope? Yeah, you look so much cooler on line.

    Yeah....carry your gun and get drunk...maybe we will all get lucky and the person you shoot by mistake will be someone you love, then you can still scream SECOND AMMENDMENT when that was never the issue. You cannot infringe on your own rights...you can't do it. You are supposed to be a government unto yourself. Be a wise governor.

  11. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    QUESTION

    So if you drink enough to see double and something happens that you need to draw and fire. Do you shoot left then right or right then left.? Of course I guess this is a mute point being that you will have double guns. (That's a hellofalot of fire Power)
    Uncle Pauli summed it up quite well in the movie "Rocky IV", "Hit the one in the middle."

    In South Carolina if you are on your own property, you can carry and you can drink. However it is a $2000 fine in South Carolina if you are caught discharging a firearm while under the influence of alcohol.

    ARTICLE 6.

    USING A FIREARM WHILE UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF ALCOHOL OR A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE
    SECTION 23-31-400. Definitions; unlawful use of firearm; violations.
    (A) As used in this article:

    (1) "Use a firearm" means to discharge a firearm.

    (2) "Serious bodily injury" means a physical condition which creates a substantial risk of death, serious personal disfigurement, or protracted loss or impairment of the function of a bodily member or organ.

    (B) It is unlawful for a person who is under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance to use a firearm in this State.

    (C) A person who violates the provisions of subsection (B) is guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction, must be fined not less than two thousand dollars or imprisoned not more than two years.

    (D) This article does not apply to persons lawfully defending themselves or their property.

    SECTION 23-31-410. Blood and urine testing.
    (A) A person who uses a firearm within this State shall submit to a SLED-approved breath test to determine the alcoholic content of the blood and to a urine test to detect the presence of a controlled substance if there is probable cause to believe that the person was using a firearm while under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance or if the person is arrested lawfully for an offense allegedly committed while he was using a firearm while under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance. The breath or urine test must be administered at the request of a law enforcement officer who has probable cause to believe the person was using the firearm while under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance. The administration of either test shall not preclude the administration of the other test. The refusal to submit to a breath or urine test upon the request of a law enforcement officer pursuant to this section is admissible into evidence in a criminal proceeding.

    (B) If the arresting officer does not request a breath or urine test of the person arrested for an offense allegedly committed while the person was using a firearm while under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance, the person may request the arresting officer to have a breath test made to determine the alcohol content of the person's blood or a urine test for the purpose of determining the presence of a controlled substance. The failure of the person who requests a breath or urine test to actually be so tested shall bar the prosecution of the person for using a firearm while under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance.

    (C) The provisions of Section 56-5-2950 relating to the administration of tests for determining the weight of alcohol in an individual's blood, additional tests at the individual's expense, availability of test information to the individual or the individual's attorney, and liability of medical institutions and persons administering the tests are applicable to this section.

    (D) The results of a test administered pursuant to this section for the purpose of detecting the presence of a controlled substance are not admissible as evidence in a criminal prosecution for the possession of a controlled substance.

    (E) Information obtained pursuant to this section must be released to a court, prosecuting attorney, defense attorney, or law enforcement officer in connection with an alleged violation of Section 23-31-400 upon request for this information.

    SECTION 23-31-415. Testing following death or serious personal injury; effect of refusal; evidentiary use.
    (A) If a law enforcement officer has probable cause to believe that a person used a firearm while under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance and caused the death or serious bodily injury of an individual, the person shall submit, upon the request of the law enforcement officer, to a test of his blood for the purpose of determining its alcohol content or for the presence of a controlled substance.

    (B) A criminal charge resulting from the incident precipitating the officer's demand for testing should be tried concurrently with a charge of a violation of Section 23-31-400. If the charges are tried separately, the fact that the person refused, resisted, obstructed, or opposed testing is admissible at the trial of the criminal offense which precipitated the demand for testing.

    (C) The results of any test administered pursuant to this section for the purpose of detecting the presence of a controlled substance is not admissible as evidence in a criminal prosecution for the possession of a controlled substance.

    Notwithstanding another provision of law pertaining to the confidentiality of hospital records or other medical records, information obtained pursuant to this section must be released to a court, prosecuting attorney, defense attorney, or law enforcement officer in connection with an alleged violation of Section 23-31-400 upon request for such information.

    SECTION 23-31-420. Presumptions.
    (A) Upon the trial of a civil or criminal action or proceeding arising out of acts alleged to have been committed by a person while using a firearm while under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance, the results of any test administered pursuant to Section 23-31-410 or 23-31-415 and this section are admissible into evidence, and the amount of alcohol in the person's blood at the time alleged, as shown by chemical analysis of the person's blood or breath, creates the following presumptions:

    (1) If there was at that time five one-hundredths of one percent or less by weight of alcohol in the person's blood, it must be presumed that the person was not under the influence of alcohol.

    (2) If there was at that time in excess of five one-hundredths of one percent but less than eight one-hundredths of one percent by weight of alcohol in the person's blood, this fact does not give rise to any inference that the person was or was not under the influence of alcohol to the extent that his normal faculties were impaired, but this fact may be considered with other competent evidence in determining whether the person was under the influence of alcohol.

    (3) If there was at that time eight one-hundredths of one percent or more by weight of alcohol in the person's blood, this fact creates an inference that the person was under the influence of alcohol.

    (B) The percent by weight of alcohol in the blood must be based upon grams of alcohol per one-hundred milliliters of blood. The provisions of this section must not be construed as limiting the introduction of any other competent evidence bearing upon the question of whether the person was under the influence of alcohol.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Guns for Butter?
    By HK4U in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-15-2010, 12:46 PM
  2. Gun Rights in South Africa
    By utimmer43 in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-21-2010, 08:44 PM
  3. SHTF Advice...
    By Bohemian in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-03-2010, 11:49 AM
  4. Americans stick to their guns
    By ricbak in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-12-2009, 11:39 PM
  5. One man and his guns, guns and more guns
    By lukem in forum Nevada Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2008, 11:34 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast