Guns in bars - Page 9
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 101

Thread: Guns in bars

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    699
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Dunn View Post
    Would someone please tell me in which state it is legal to drink alcohol and carry a pistol whether or not your in a bar. I've been carrying for years now, and i know of no state that says it is legal to be carrying a loaded weapon and drink alcohol at the same time.
    State laws seldom if ever make thing LEGAL, they are there to make things ILLEGAL. An omission in a state law automatically makes something LEGAL.

    In Kentucky, you can be drunk as a skunk and carry. But, you would be crucified for using it under the influence unless under clear cut conditions.

    Let me relate a story of what a sober person does when they are packing around a bunch of drunks. I was at a party this weekend at a close friend's house and later into the evening some other acquaintances of his show up, already drunk. Well one of the other guys starts beating the **** out of another one, everyone's up from the table and trying to break it up. The fighting and arguing drags on in the living room for about another 10-15 minutes and my friend finally throws the instigator out.

    Guess where I was? Sitting at the table drinking my Coke.

    Although I would never shoot someone for just a punch, if I had became involved in breaking up the fight (as I would have done otherwise), one of the two fighting could have taken my firearm in the scuffle and shot the other, someone else or even me accidentally. Had I been drunk, I may have not thought the situation out. I may have just jumped up with the rest of them to do what would have felt like the right thing to do, stop the fight. It could have inadvertently led to someone's death.

    If your going to pack in that type of environment, stay sober or don't pack. You may not be the one doing the shooting with your gun and the life you save may be a complete stranger, not yours.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

    I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

  2.   
  3. Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    State laws seldom if ever make thing LEGAL, they are there to make things ILLEGAL. An omission in a state law automatically makes something LEGAL.

    In Kentucky, you can be drunk as a skunk and carry. But, you would be crucified for using it under the influence unless under clear cut conditions.
    +1

    Regardless of the legalities in the state, I guarantee you that any evidence of any traces of alcohol in your bloodstream at the time of shooting will be exploited as much as possible by prosecutors.

  4. #83
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    MA, Away from the liberal loonies...
    Posts
    2,658
    Quote Originally Posted by Edsworld View Post
    The most dangerous place to go, is a place that don't allow guns! The bg knows he is the only one with a gun!

    Going to a bar doesn't mean you are going to drink.
    BANG!!!.....CLANG!!!
    Hit the target there...

    Guns carried by people in bars: OK
    Alcohol in people carrying guns in bars: NOT OK...

    It comes down to being responsible...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

    I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

  5. #84

    guns in bars

    I have not had a drink in15 years. But I do frequent some bars in my area that have excellent food. Not that I'm worried about getting attacked or whatever, I just don't like being un-armed wherever I go. I usually just lock it in the car safe and go in. But I totally agree that alcohol and bullets do not mix well. I started this thread because in Mi., bars are in the no pistol zone.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by missoak View Post
    in Mi., bars are in the no pistol zone.
    Gotta keep those bars safe for criminals after all.

  7. #86

    Exclamation Village People

    Quote Originally Posted by Edsworld View Post
    You might find out how many people carry guns in the bar!!
    I guess I will stick to dressing up as the construction worker.

  8. #87
    JSDinTexas Guest
    Ah, guns and alcohol. Great combination for a fun and entertaining evening.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Snowman1911 View Post
    No, I have dealt with your type a thousand times or more. You are one of those types who are so insecure and so deep-down cowardly that without your gun you have no balls. You have attached your whole ego to your pistol, and without it you feel a chihuahua in a world filled with pitbulls.

    I honestly believe that if you are ever looking down the long dark tunnel, you will shrink from the moment and run like a coward...or even worse, you will get so worked up over a real or imagined slight or offense...like someone cuts you off in traffic, or gives you the finger after YOU cut them off in traffic, you will pull your ego, I mean your gun because they are tied together, and by golly, "you will show them you can't be messed with" and you will be that guy once again.

    You are a one trick pony. You don'tet logic and reason cloud your thinking by golly. All you can do is scream SECOND AMMENDMENT. If you want to nitpick unless you live in Alaska, Arizona or Vermont where carry whether it is open or concealed is a RIGHT under our State Constitution...wherever you live CCW is a privilege, not a right. And if you have no provision for open carry...you really have no RIGHT to carry according to the law in YOUR area. Your PRIVILIGE to carry is legislated and based upon your completion of whatever safety class and hoops you have to jump through to obtain your CCW, then your CCW can be pulled from you for whatever reasons they have legislated into the CCW laws in the area in which you live. SO, no, you really have no RIGHT to carry. The Second Ammendment has been so abused and stepped on by politicians that it carries very little weight in the minds of a politico. Here in Arizona...the state or authorities CANNOT take away our RIGHT to carry. Sure, they can pull a CCW if you are a CCW holder, but all that does here in reality is make it illegal to carry CONCEALED into a bar, and makes you have to go through the Brady Check when buying a firearm. With a CCW in AZ, you avoid the Brady Check, and can carry your pistol concealed in reciprocity states...but your RIGHT to carry concealed or open is safe by our State Constitution.

    So, you really have no leg to stand on when you scream Second Ammendment like a baby screams when their diaper is full. You have no RIGHT to carry in your area. You have a PRIVILIGE and a privilige can be revoked by the "powers that be" at any tiime, especially if YOU do something stupid to PISS AWAY your privilige. So scream about your right to do it...see how fast your illusion of a right goes away.

    I personally believe the Second Ammendment is written in stone and AFFIRMS a right given to us by God, and not subject to interpretation by men or revocable by a government. But sadly, what I believe doesn't square with generations of politicians have done to it to consilodate their power and control over the people. But unless and until the PEOPLE demand their rights back from their local, state, and federal governments...all you really have is a privilege.

    Arizona, Alaska, Vermont...the ONLY three states in the country with an actual constitutionally guaranteed RIGHT to carry.

    Even when I was a baby cop...we, as officers, only had a PRIVILIGE to carry our weapons concealed. Not a right. Then we got CCW, then finally our Senator Harry Pearce got the long awaited Ammendment to our State Constitution clarified to make CCW a RIGHT for all Arizonans who are not prohibited possessors.

    So scream from the rafters your one and only single argument, disregard what seomeone has repeatedly said, and continue to prove you can't think and reason for yourself, or be a RESPONSIBLE gun owner or gun carrier and see how fast your privilige evaporates when you...yes...YOU do something stupid because you had to prove how hard you are by drinking and packing your gun and YOU do something inevitably stupid.

    It will happen. It always does with your types. You will be somewhere...someone will steal a candy bar from a store, or try to do a beer run or heaven forbid their dog will piss on your property and you will run your mouth because you got your roscoe and feel invincible...and because you are a coward and a one trick pony someone will wind up getting shot, or take your ego (your gun) from you and stick it up your tail pipe. You will be "that guy" who is one more reason in the minds of legislators to erode your PRIVILIGES again. It is turds like you that will cost others their privilege to carry.

    By being smart, making the right choice FOR YOURSELF, you can carry the fight to get your RIGHTS back like we did here in AZ.

    Really Ed...I believe that you are a coward. I really do. You are that kid who would run your mouth and then as SOON as you got called on it you would shrink and run away. Now you think your gun is your security blanket. It doesn't change the fact that you are a gutless wonder...now you just think you can get away with it because you're packin'.

    Yeah...you're "that guy".
    Really? I know who you are. You are they guy who lies about being retired LEO 22 years then tells others 12 years DEA then steals money in the guise of being a holster maker.

    You are a liar, you are an internet braggart, you are a THIEF, and worst of all, you screw people over you call your friends.

    here is one of your stories:

    Act of total kindness
    Okay all...short back story on the life of ME.

    Became a cop, was recruited to DEA...spent a total of 12 years wearing a badge. 10 years ago while working interdiction missions in Panama, the chopper aboard which I was riding took ground fire (they call that having a training accident) and crashed. Both legs were shattered, thereby ending my LE career.

    Fast forward 6 years. I am doing "okay" physically. Everything works for the most part. Other than general pain in the legs, nothing really stops me, I ride my Harley, hunt, fish, shoot, live a pretty good life. I own 3 taxi cabs under the YELLOW CAB banner, business is good, making good money. I have a wife, a new baby girl...actually living fat, and happy.

    Then in Nv 2004, I get Guillian Barre Syndrome...it strikes MAYBE 1 in 100,000 people a year, and ravages one's peripheral nervous system. It completely paralyzed me. No walking, no control of my hands, nada. Also with 115,000 in medical bills, and me no longer able to work...we were financially devastaed for a couple of years. Fortuneately, it can and was sucessfully treated, and now I can walk again (albeit for only a minute or two). Mainly, I walk around my home, or in familiar surroundings, but if I go anywhere....my wheelchair goes with me.

    If I am at one of the big box stores, or a grocery store, I need one of their motorcarts to shop, because it is a ***** to try to operate a manual wheelchair AND a shopping cart. I am still too much of a prideful ******* to consider asking some teenage bagger to help me shop. If they don't have one, or if, like WalMart, they are not charged...I wait in the Tahoe while the wife shops.

    Anyway...I have been fighting with my insurance company to purchase me a power scooter.

    Friday, my neighbor Alan and his wife Pam (both LDS in their late sixties) GIVE me with no strings attached a $6,000 heavy duty PRIDE MOBILITY scooter with 4 wheels, extended range everything, and ultra heavy duty suspension. It is actually the model that is used for rough terrain and hiking trails etc...

    They just GAVE it to me. Would take no offer of money, or anything. Pam simply said she had it in storage, and never used it, so she saw how much trouble I had with my wheelchair sometimes, and just figured I could use it more than she.

    People.... this ******* blew my mind.

    All I need to do is order a $300.00 set of batteries when I come up with the extra money (daughter's birthday busted me this month), and I am off and rolling.

    This is giving me back a part of my life I have been missing for almost 4 years.

    I know this is probably not the place to share this...but ****...wow.

  10. #89

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean_F View Post
    Really? I know who you are. You are they guy who lies about being retired LEO 22 years then tells others 12 years DEA then steals money in the guise of being a holster maker.

    You are a liar, you are an internet braggart, you are a THIEF, and worst of all, you screw people over you call your friends.

    here is one of your stories:
    OK, I'll bite on this one as well, who is this guy?

    You claim twice that he posted a sob story about needing an electric wheelchair, please provide a link.

    Also, Snowball1911, you have not answered me as to what the name of this local greazy spoon restaurant is that serves that realy good burger and basket of O-rings. I might want to visit Coolidge, Arizona someday and give the place a visit. If this place is as good as you say they are, I am sure they won't mind your word of mouth advertisement.

    Something here does not add up.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    OK, I'll bite on this one as well, who is this guy?

    You claim twice that he posted a sob story about needing an electric wheelchair, please provide a link.

    Also, Snowball1911, you have not answered me as to what the name of this local greazy spoon restaurant is that serves that realy good burger and basket of O-rings. I might want to visit Coolidge, Arizona someday and give the place a visit. If this place is as good as you say they are, I am sure they won't mind your word of mouth advertisement.

    Something here does not add up.

    The forum exists no more. It was disbanded after this holster fiasco because it was a group of people who supposedly trusted each other; once this went down things went south and the forum was shut down, If you want his personal info PM me I will give it to you. You can call the college yourself. This man destroyed his credibility and integrity over a measley 200 dollars. People have not forgotten.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Guns for Butter?
    By HK4U in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-15-2010, 12:46 PM
  2. Gun Rights in South Africa
    By utimmer43 in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-21-2010, 08:44 PM
  3. SHTF Advice...
    By Bohemian in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-03-2010, 11:49 AM
  4. Americans stick to their guns
    By ricbak in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-12-2009, 11:39 PM
  5. One man and his guns, guns and more guns
    By lukem in forum Nevada Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2008, 11:34 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast