Guns in bars
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Guns in bars

Guns in bars

Anyone know the specifics of the new gun law in Tn. that allows guns in bars? Heard just a snippit about this on the news the other night.

Quote Originally Posted by missoak View Post
    Anyone know the specifics of the new gun law in Tn. that allows guns in bars? Heard just a snippit about this on the news the other night.
    Are you planing a visit, if so keep your weapon concealed and go wherever you want but if you do go to a bar don't drink alcohol, seriously that so call law has been a topic here for years and the funny part is if you ask a LEO on the street about it and he answers you honestly, you will probably get I'm not sure, and at least he will be honest, personaly my wife and I have not been in a bar only type establishment since we got our permits, one added benifit is we have save a small fortune on booze, leaves more money for bullits

Why would you carry inside a bar? I understand a restaurant but not a bar. And if you read into the carry law you'll see those words "intent to go armed".

The most dangerous place to go, is a place that don't allow guns! The bg knows he is the only one with a gun!

Going to a bar doesn't mean you are going to drink.
    Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

Quote Originally Posted by edsworld View Post
    the most dangerous place to go, is a place that don't allow guns! The bg knows he is the only one with a gun!

exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Edsworld View Post
    The most dangerous place to go, is a place that don't allow guns! The bg knows he is the only one with a gun!

Going into a Barber Shop doesn't mean you're going to get a hair cut either BUT, WHY do either if you're not there for the purpose of participating in the establishments business. Booze and Guns don't mix. Drunks and guns usually means someones going to be shot. Insanity to the nth degree.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    Booze and Guns don't mix. Drunks and guns usually means someones going to be shot. Insanity to the nth degree.

That is why there are SOOOOOOOOOOOO many horrendous news stories coming from the states where it is legal to have a drink while armed....,

9. It's been a non-issue on PA for years.

Those with a LTCF (License to Carry Firearms AKA carry permit in other states ) carry concealed most places.
    Bars Churches, restaurants, stores, sports gatherings etc etc.

It's the gangbangers and other felons that cause the problems, for the most part.

No Big surprise, unless you are a liberal.

A firearm can be legally carried, concealed or open, into a bar into Kentucky. An interesting stipulation though, it can't be loaded. I guess they figure that the time it takes you to load your gun may be enough time for you to think differently about shooting someone in anger.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    A firearm can be legally carried, concealed or open, into a bar into Kentucky. An interesting stipulation though, it can't be loaded. I guess they figure that the time it takes you to load your gun may be enough time for you to think differently about shooting someone in anger.
    Or, you're so freakin' potted that you can't load the thing.

I go into bars occasionally, and rarely drink alcohol, so I can see carrying into one. OTOH, I've witnessed the "wonders" of alchohol too many times to be comfortable with the idea that people are packing and partying. But, that's just me and I'll choose if and when to enter and leave an establishment and in that way, infringe on no one else's right to do what they want, also.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast