Commissioner Wants To Ban Assault Weapons
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Commissioner Wants To Ban Assault Weapons

Commissioner Wants To Ban Assault Weapons

Using manipulated stats and false logic a Miami City Commissioner wants to ban assault weapons. As he puts it "Guns once found in the hands of soldiers, are now cheap, readily available on streets and often pointed at those sworn to protect and serve us."

http://cbs4.com/local/marc.sarnoff.miami.2.654350.html

More liberal smoke and mirrors

He can't do it because of the FL state preemption law. He would have to change Florida state law first. That's not going to happen as long as Floridians make their voices heard in Tallahassee.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

And we scream L O U D ! ! ! That's we have some fairly relaxed gun laws.
    Unapologetic American
    NRA/IDPA/USPSA/GSSF

Perhaps he could define for us "assault weapons"......

"Guns once found in the hands of soldiers, are now cheap, readily available on streets and often pointed at those sworn to protect and serve us."

If I could FIND an M-16 on the streets, buddy, I would buy it in an instant. OOOOHHHHHH, SCARRRRRY LOOOOOOOKING GUNNNNNSSSSS. I guess he's never seen a fully automatic Glock. I'd rather face an AR-15 than one of those autos....

what an idiot.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

Ban "assault weapons" (whatever they are) because killing someone with them makes you real dead.

Other weapons only make you a little dead. Of course, they will get around to those other guns later. Step one is to ban something just to set a precedent. Banning the second gun will be much easier than banning the first.

AGAIN!?
    Again,this is why I say stupid people shouldn't be allowed to breed.
    Give everybody guns.
    Natural selection will cull out the idiots.

Maybe someone should(assuming it is possible)explain to this idiot that,per BATFE definition,an assault weapon is a SELECT FIRE weapon,that without proper registration and lots of money these are already illegal to buy,and that the 'semi-automatic assault weapon' that he wants to ban is every bit as real as gnomes and unicorns.
    Stupid people piss me off.
    Give everybody guns.
    Natural selection will cull out the idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by netentity View Post
    He can't do it because of the FL state preemption law. He would have to change Florida state law first. That's not going to happen as long as Floridians make their voices heard in Tallahassee.
    Georgia has a preemption law also and, until georgiacarry.org got involved, cities, towns and counties were disregarding the law and passing more restrictive laws. Any time someone attempts this type of action it deserves full attention. I am a firm believer that "It can't happen here" is not a true statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Brainchild View Post
    Maybe someone should(assuming it is possible)explain to this idiot that,per BATFE definition,an assault weapon is a SELECT FIRE weapon,that without proper registration and lots of money these are already illegal to buy,and that the 'semi-automatic assault weapon' that he wants to ban is every bit as real as gnomes and unicorns.
    Stupid people piss me off.
    yes... let's give the stupid people their own state, and the rest of us can live in the real america.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

11. As an LEO how is an "assault weapon" any more dangerous than any other weapon I am going to encounter. I know there are some stupid libs running some of the big cities in America trying to ban guns as hard as they can, but those of us working in the streets see it how it is. These "assault bans" are just feel good words to put on a page so these people can get reelected by the gullible sheep who put them there. These bans do nothing except make legal gun owners and sport shooters look like criminals. Of course this is Miami we are talking about.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast