Another screw up by the UN. - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another screw up by the UN.

UN = United Nutcases

Talking New Bumper Sticker Idea

Quote Originally Posted by c45man View Post
    U.N. another screw up?.....What else do you expect out of a club house for liars, theives and dictators
    Can I make that into a bumper sticker?

The first car I will place it on is the Mercedes Benz that former U.N. secretary general Kofi Annan's son Kojo Annan purchaced tax free courtesy of his diplomatic credentials. Ooops, I forgot, Kojo totaled that car somewhere in his home country of Ghana. Maybe I will just mail it to him.

Arrow Jean-Bertrand Aristide want to see how bad the UN screwed up.

It looks like the former Haitian president wants to come back to his home country to see just how bad the UN screwed up.

New passport for Haiti's Aristide moves him step closer to home - CNN.com

Arrow Aristide returns to see the results of the UN's screw up.

Once the champion of Haiti's poor, Aristide's return raises concern - CNN.com

It looks like Jean-Bertrand Aristide will get to see just how bad the UN screwed up.

While the UN does have it's faults, (....and they are myriad!) It must be noted that the UN has been struggling to prevent exactly this developing scenario since day one of the catastrophy. Yet, despite their best efforts, they have failed.

So, it's ALL the UN's fault? I think not. At least some of the blame has to be put right on the heads of the Haitians themselves. ANY "entity" that tries to "help" can only do so much, the rest must be accomplished by the recipients of that "help".

Want to see exactly the type of society we are trying to deal with here? Fine. Just pull out the UN "Peacekeepers" and the "help" oriented groups supported by the UN and watch the results. "Lord of the Flies" writ large.

You can try to lead a group of people to "the promised land" but you cannot make them partake of the fruits of enlightenment. Even Moses got to see that along the route.

We often talk of "failed Governments", I think the picture would be considerably clearer if we looked at it as a result of a failed society. I believe it was Desraili who said that sometimes a people get exactly the Government they deserve.

Talk about a pragmatic observation! (But astute.)

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
    While the UN does have it's faults, (....and they are myriad!) It must be noted that the UN has been struggling to prevent exactly this developing scenario since day one of the catastrophy. Yet, despite their best efforts, they have failed.
    It has been noted. The UN screwed up. There wasn't a cholera epidemic in Haiti untill the UN showed up. The UN shows up, screws up, and introduces a non-native strain of cholera.

Well, I see that you are firmly "convinced". I will leave it at that.

GG

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    It has been noted. The UN screwed up. There wasn't a cholera epidemic in Haiti untill the UN showed up. The UN shows up, screws up, and introduces a non-native strain of cholera.
    Took the time to read through some data about Cholera. It comes from a single type of bacteria. It CAN be prevented through proper immunization (85% effectiveness) and proper hygene (in devastated areas like Haiti, difficult but NOT insurmountable.).

I found NO indication of various "strains" of the "bug".... unlike the viral diseases, such as the flu. Thus, the Cholera "bug" in Haiti is the same as the "bug" to be found in Africa, or in India. I also did NOT find any indication of enhanced resistance to the "bug" due to locality or previous societal exposure to occurances or outbreaks.

Your "non-native" theory appears to have no basis in fact.

GG

Prediction: There will be no outbreak of Cholera in Japan, despite the loss of sanitation infrastructure in many affected areas, mainly because their population, overall, is wiser about the function of sanitation in their society.

Finally, it WAS the UN who denoted that there WOULD be an outbreak of Cholera if those conditions existed for the development of the outbreak. Utterly predictable..... lack of proper care in sanitation = Cholera outbreak. Virtually 100% probability.

Just sayin'.

GG

Thumbs down The U.N. is ready to screw up again.

Haiti in calm before tropical storm - CNN.com

The UN is looking for an opportunity to go to Haiti again and screw things up.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast