1986 FOPA Hughes amendment vote footage located - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: 1986 FOPA Hughes amendment vote footage located






  1. Interesting letter that turned up....

    I figured you might get a kick out of it.

  2.   
  3. So what's the status on this? Did you get the tapes? You should put them on torrents as soon as you get the chance.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by kenten05 View Post
    So what's the status on this? Did you get the tapes? You should put them on torrents as soon as you get the chance.
    Status is: Order has been processed, credit card has been charged...

    Now we wait.

    I hadn't anticipated seeing anything before the 15th of January.... but realistically since the order was placed over the holiday and the LOC is a government agency, I won't be worried unless Feb 15th rolls around and we still don't have it.

    I've arranged for a 2nd amendment group to provide a premium vimeo account to host the files, and torrents will be made, as well as direct downloads available from a few websites that have agreed to host.

    DVD's will be available for the old timers as well but I won't be running those off myself, others have stepped up for that.

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    699
    I'm chomping at the bit waiting on those tapes

    Wish I had spotted this sooner, I would have contributed to buying them for sure.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

    I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

  6. VIDEO IS IN!!!!!!

    Check it out over at ar15.com!!!!!!!!!

  7. YouTube - FOPA Hughes Amendment VOTE APRIL 10 1986

    Footage is here.

    The full version is still uploading but the highlights are viewable.

  8. This really boils my blood. Wouldn't this be all the evidence we need to repeal this idiotic amendment?

  9. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by AJAX22 View Post

    Footage is here.

    The full version is still uploading but the highlights are viewable.
    Ajax,
    Thank you for your efforts, and following through on your commitment to provide the video footage. I'm surprised though, at how little response there is in the aftermath. What does it mean? You're a bright legal mind, and I got the impression from reading this entire thread beginning to end several times, and the letter from the NRA that the Hughes contributions don't warrant trying to repeal FOPA. Does the "entire" video footage reveal some huge conspiracy on the floor of Congress, or is it mostly just routine?

  10. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    699
    Quote Originally Posted by weekendskp View Post
    Ajax,
    Thank you for your efforts, and following through on your commitment to provide the video footage. I'm surprised though, at how little response there is in the aftermath. What does it mean? You're a bright legal mind, and I got the impression from reading this entire thread beginning to end several times, and the letter from the NRA that the Hughes contributions don't warrant trying to repeal FOPA. Does the "entire" video footage reveal some huge conspiracy on the floor of Congress, or is it mostly just routine?
    Its because many who "support" the 2A, slam the brakes on when it comes to FA weapons, not realizing what their loss to the general public actually means. No one bother with saying that they can still be owned by the general public. When the cheapest one that you can get cost 5000 dollars, effectively they've been removed.

    This is just a component to the overall plan. It's not just the FOPA that needs to be repealed, but ALL of them.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

    I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

  11. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    This is just a component to the overall plan. It's not just the FOPA that needs to be repealed, but ALL of them.
    I agree. Now, how do we as a country set about changing the course of history? Mao Bama promised us change, but it wasn't for the better. We got socialism, not freedom. In a dominantly two party system, the "third" parties don't have a chance to mount a valid run for the presidency. Who is the best prospective candidate to set us back on a more constitutional track? Would you vote for Ron Paul? I would if his running mate was Andrew Napolitano. Ron ran in '08, but didn't garner much attention. Is he too "out there" for mainstream America?
    "The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms'. If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed'." -- Ken Konecki on Usenet, on 27 Jul 1992

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 56
    Last Post: 11-15-2010, 06:00 PM
  2. The NRA Continues To Compromise On The Second Amendment
    By Bohemian in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 10-27-2010, 05:02 PM
  3. Is Harry Reid pro-gun or anti-gun?
    By Bohemian in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-22-2010, 01:27 PM
  4. URGENT: Harry Reid ignores the 2nd Amendment… again
    By Bohemian in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-12-2010, 01:36 PM
  5. Democrats Divided Over Gun Amendment in D.C.
    By gdcleanfun in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-28-2009, 06:08 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast