Aclu

Thread: Aclu

Aclu

This is the text of a letter I sent to the ACLU in response to a letter they sent me asking to join their organization and of course give them some money:

November 30, 2010

American Civil Liberties Union
    125 Broad Street, 18th Floor
    New York, NY 10004-2400

Subject: Request for Membership

Thank you for the invitation I received today. Special thanks for including the copy of the US Constitution. I will keep on my desk at work for a reference.

Sadly, I have to decline your offer of membership and your request for a donation. In the gun community we have a saying: if the ACLU interpreted the Second Amendment the same as the First Amendment, everyone would own a gun. When the ACLU recognizes the Second Amendment (I was surprised it wasn’t removed from the copy of the Constitution that was included in your letter) as a right of the people, I will be glad to join.

I sincerely do thank you for the pocket copy of the Constitution.

G. M.
    B.S. University of Maryland
    M.A. Webster University

3. Very well written response!
    I took a minute to look through their key issues, and 2A Rights were definitely not among their "Key Issues." I think I'll drop them a line to suggest that they would do well in expanding membership if they would fight for our 2A rights, in fact I would join if they would. Here is what I e-mailed them:

Good morning!
    I don't always support your organization's stand on issues, but I do appreciate the fact that you do your best to take up for American's rights. I did notice though that Second Amendment issues are not among those that you make a concerted effort to protect.
    Contrary to popular belief, gun owners are not the 'crazed gunmen' that the media portrays, and we need protecting too. Our 2A rights are consistently being attacked, more so than the freedom of speech for instance.
    I, and countless other 2A supporters, would undoubtedly support your organization if you would make protecting our 2A rights one of your key issues.

Very Respectfully,
    Aaron L
    I very much doubt that an e-mail campaign would help, but it may not hurt!

The 2nd Amendment is not all "cute and cuddly" so it's not really a "key issue"...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

5. Your time would be better served at the range or talking to a rat rather trying to get through a bunch of Statist.
    YouTube - ACLU intends to destroy Capitalism
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia