What Second Amendment Issues?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Second Amendment Issues?

1. What Second Amendment Issues?

I don't understand the 2nd amendment issues. I thought that only a vote by the people could change the constitution.

Maybe the issue is ignorance of elected officials. Hopefully some of them will read this and become educated.

I took the time to look in Websters dictionary for diffinitions of key words in the 2nd amendment.

ARM- any insturment used in fighting. ANY no restrictions PERIOD!
    bear arms - to carry or be equiped with weapons. Again, no restrictions!

KEEP-to take care of, or have and take care or charge of. To protect, guard or defend. It's a responsibility to own and carry a weapon. Maybe we need to weed out the careless that loose their weapon.

BEAR-to hold and take along;transport to possess as a part. During basic training you were taught to live with your weapon and know how to use it and protect it. Owning and carrying a weapon is a real responsibility.

Now the most importand word in the amendment.

INFRINGED-to break off, break, impair,violate; fail to observe the terms of; to break in on encroach or trespass on.

I'm fed up with the infringement. It's not politics, it's a direct attact on my rights as an American. It's time to take back our country. When I entered the Air Force in 1968 I took and oath to protect our nation aginst enemies, both foriegn and domestic. I was in Vietnem and now its time to set the course of our nation to what the founding fathers established.

Blog Entries
    You answered your own question. The "isssues" are we are being denied our right to keep and bear arms(Chicago), or have to jump through flaming hoops of death (California) to be allowed to carry. Thats one of the reasons I choose to live in Nevada. Yes, I have to pay to take a class and pay again to get my permit, but its a shall issue state and with the exception of Clark County, a good state for gun owners.
    My way is not better, it is just mine, your way is not better, it is just yours.
    Carry what your comfortable with, there is no "Supergun" Carry how your comfortable, open or concealed, so you have it with you when you need it

You are confused because you are using the wrong definitions.

"Right" - the opposite of left.

"Arm" - a limb

"Bear" - something that poos in the woods.

Wait, you say, the above definitions don't apply because they would be out of context.

Exactly.

The entire phrase, not just the individual words, needs to be given context, Otherwise it is just a collection of nonsensical parts.

In the united States that is what our judicial branch does. It gives context to the words in our Constitution.

It's all about power

Most often the infringement of our rights is not so much about violation of the Constitution as is about the power gain of an individual in a position of power. Kind of 'circular reasoning'.

These morons we put into office are all about power. How do they maintain their power base? They enact regulations and laws that make the MAJORITY of their power base happy so they get re-elected.

When it comes to the Constitution there is a little more complication envolved. To 'by pass' the Constitution the politician needs to have another instrument available to weild their will and that would come from the Judiciary. The judges side with the politician to enforce a law that they agree with. The way the politician makes sure the judge will be on his side of the fence is to support the judges vie for office.

How do we end this all encompassing circle of corrupt power?

We exercise our right to vote! Get educated about who it is running in your local government, your state govenmnet and finally your federal represtative.

Be smart. Vote for your interests but remember, the other side of the fence is doing the same, so winning them over to our side is very important.

Stand for your rights. Stand for the Constitution. But be educated about the issues and share that education with others that may not have the same stance as you do. Not every "anti" is anti out of a clear understanding of the issues.

Gun ownership is an issue most often discussed from an emotional stand point rather than an educated one.

Oops! There's that damned soap box again! Sorry!
    Last edited by walt629; 12-28-2010 at 12:40 PM. Reason: misspellings

In another time I would agree, it takes a vote of the people to change the constitution. But times have changed and we are under attack of progressive liberals who have no use for constitutional law. These people are much smarted than our uneducated founding fathers. We have to stop re-electing people that do not support our constitution. This has to start at the state level and go all the way to the top. When the congress and the courts can ignore the constitution, and get away with it, we are in deep trouble. Our founding fathers had checks and balances in place to prevent these problems. These are also pushed aside because our founding fathers where uneducated and did not account for the changing times. Wake up voters, get educated on the issues and educate others before it is too late.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

In another time I would agree, it takes a vote of the people to change the US Constitution. Currently we are ruled by progressive liberals who have no use for constitutional law. These laws with checks and balances that were written by our founding fathers are being ignored. Even the courts are ignoring the constitution infavor of their our political views. They no longer interpret the law they also legislate the laws our elected representative are afraid to tackle. Judges are appointed for life, no elections to win. Wake up voters, get educated and educate others that vote.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

JSDinTexas Guest
    +1 FUHR52

The dimocrats have passed most of their legislation behind closed doors or by going through the "back door" to get it done - and they are busy right now getting their way before they are smacked down by the new boys coming to town.
    I have never worried about this country as much as I have in the last 2 years.

It's not only the democrats, their are plenty of progressive liberals infiltrated in the republican party. They all need to be voted out.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    You are confused because you are using the wrong definitions.

"Right" - the opposite of left.

"Arm" - a limb

"Bear" - something that poos in the woods.

Wait, you say, the above definitions don't apply because they would be out of context.

Exactly.

The entire phrase, not just the individual words, needs to be given context, Otherwise it is just a collection of nonsensical parts.

In the united States that is what our judicial branch does. It gives context to the words in our Constitution.
    You are confused because the liberal brainwashing has rendered you a collection of nonsensical parts...

The terms are well defined by the authors and understood by millions of gun owners. Its the left leaning liberals who seem to ignore the simple words written and endlessly try to give them other meanings. The leftist liberals in the courts have their agenda to disarm the citizens.

The fact that they took the time to write the 2nd Amendment in as simple a form as possible indicates that they were not inclined to have it be re-interpreted to allow infringement...

Do you even own a gun? Do you enjoy it? Do you wish to be disarmed?

I guess you require the assistance of the courts to answer those questions...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    You are confused because the liberal brainwashing has rendered you a collection of nonsensical parts...

The terms are well defined by the authors and understood by millions of gun owners. Its the left leaning liberals who seem to ignore the simple words written and endlessly try to give them other meanings. The leftist liberals in the courts have their agenda to disarm the citizens.

The fact that they took the time to write the 2nd Amendment in as simple a form as possible indicates that they were not inclined to have it be re-interpreted to allow infringement...

Do you even own a gun? Do you enjoy it? Do you wish to be disarmed?

I guess you require the assistance of the courts to answer those questions...
    Ah, another Humpty Dumpty fan.

Words mean exactly whatever you want them to mean.

I hate to break this to you, but you are not the arbitrator of the Constitution. We have a division of out government for that purpose. When you occupy 5 of those 9 seats you can start telling the rest of us what the words mean Humpty.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast