Charlie Rangel Whines about being punished. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Charlie Rangel Whines about being punished.

1. Quote Originally Posted by MA Duce View Post
    Both of these "gentlemen" are the antithesis of what government should be. They are also a complete waste of skin. Hang them? No that is quick and only mildly painful. I say wound them and ship their sorry asses through the VA medical joke.
    I would not address any of these pieces of dog squeeze as a "gentlemen" Scum, liers, elitist would be more appropriate.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    Maybe a few more tears will get him a lighter sentence. Ahhhhhh he did't mean it. Martha Stewart severed time for way less then this Elitist. This SOB should be incarserated.
    My wife is taking some online course in college. She is flabbergasted every time she reads the class forums full of misspellings and poor sentence structure like the quote above. I explained to her that this is a broad problem resulting from the poor educational system in this country. Taking back our 2nd amendment rights only gets us part of the way to being a great country again. We have to educate our children better. The good Dr. Wooddoctor's corrected statement - Maybe a few more tears will get him a lighter sentence. Ahhhhhh, he didn't mean it. Martha Stewart served time for way less than this elitist. This SOB should be incarcerated.
    "The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms'. If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed'." -- Ken Konecki on Usenet, on 27 Jul 1992

Be that as it may (including misspellings), we are left to only observe the results of the Rangel "affair".

He got called for his "naughtyness" by his peers. His punishment? Why.... to be reelected by his constituents. THAT is not an indictment of ol' Charlie, it's an indictment of the moral fiber of his constituents.

Unfortunately, that attitude seems to be epidemic in this Nation.

The Founding Fathers only made two mistakes in their framing of the Constitution, both of them philosophical rather than operational.

1) They never counted on the appearance and longivity of the "Professional Politician" in their planning.

2) They never for a moment believed that anyone other than moral, ethical and upstanding citizens would (or even COULD) be elected to Federal level high offices.

It was once said that a Nation gets exactly the Government it deserves. I am beginning to see the wisdom of that utterance.

OOOOOOOOPPS!

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12