STI International stopping CA weapons sales.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: STI International stopping CA weapons sales.

Thumbs up STI International stopping CA weapons sales.

Just as I posted earlier with all this silly marking of firing pins and ammo it will take the manufactures to put a stop to it. STI becomes the first company to just say NO to this nonsense.

http://www.stiguns.com/
    click on STI Press Release - Cessation of California Firearm Sales

Cessation of California Firearm Sales
    As a company, STI adhered to California’s drop test certification and DOJ listing process in 1998 for the
    people in competition shooting and for those who desired self-protection DESPITE the financial strain
    placed on a small company such as ours. Listing our two most popular firearm models was not an
    inexpensive undertaking. We even redesigned our compensator systems to adhere to the CA “no
    threaded barrel” law. Then CA’s onerous liability laws were enacted and we chose at that time not to
    renew certification nor to sell to LEO and governmental agencies in CA, regardless of their exempt
    status, because there was no exemption from liability or legal fees which could bankrupt this company.
    When federal law overrode CA’s liability laws, we resumed LE sales because we felt our product could be
    used to LE’s advantage. With the micro stamping bill, we as a company have decided enough is enough.While our sales to Law Enforcement agencies are not huge, all revenue sources are important to a
    company of our size and it hurts us to turn our backs on those revenues.

While we truly feel badly for the law-abiding citizens of California, we feel it is necessary to take a stand
    against irresponsible legislation designed solely to inhibit the American citizen’s right to keep arms.
    We
    are fierce proponents of the Second Amendment, and it is our hope that other manufacturers will follow
    our lead. It is time for the gun industry as a whole to take a stand against the insanity of the anti-2nd
    Amendment activists. We simply believe that some things are more important than profit.

In all honesty, when we made this decision we had no idea of the responses, both positive and negative,
    it would evoke. We just did what we thought was right and, because of our size, didn’t really expect
    much notice. Since we announced this new policy however, we have been deluged by customers
    contacting us to show their support and by others who consider it a “stunt” of some type. We greatly
    appreciate all of the supporting comments and would like to thank everyone who has taken the time to
    express, even contrary, opinions. We do understand that this action on our part will have little effect on
    California’s criminal or political element.

To our loyal supporters in California, we sincerely regret the measures we feel we must take and will
    continue to honor all warrantee obligations. We hope for a speedy resolution of this ill-conceived
    violation of the Second Amendment.
    I think my next few weapons purchase will be weapons from STI! We need to back companies like this one!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

3. This dose not surprises me, the gun, and ammo companies need to take a stand. We as consumers can not do it all. And the only thing most government understands is money. If new laws will affect the bottom line and further degrade the economy in this country this crap will stop. All I know is my next gun will be from this company. Stand up and be hard. Lets start to work on the morels of this country. Put prayer back in schools, let parents do there job. Start to build the family unit and a lot of this junk will stop with out new laws.

I just sent them an e-mail asking about dealer programs.I will likely be buying something for myself from them as well.And company that's willing to stand up for my rights,and for what's right,I'm willing to support.
    Give everybody guns.
    Natural selection will cull out the idiots.

I'm SO glad I bought my STI Legend it's a great shooter from a GREAT company.

Now let's hope other companies will follow STI and put a stop to this nonsense. Let's not just hope, let's send some e-mail to the companies selling guns in the Republik. I'm drafting one to S&W tomorrow if I have time.
    Unapologetic American
    NRA/IDPA/USPSA/GSSF

I understand that Glock pistols are used by at least 80% of the law enforcement market. I can imagine the impact if they took a similar position. Would be very interesting to say the least. :)

It's been an uphill battle so far, but I think Ronnie Barrett's efforts are beginning to pay off. Barrett rifles have stopped selling or servicing any LEO agency in CA due to the ban of .50 BMG rifles by citizens. I respect companies that are willing to stand up to the government and protect our 2A rights.

I'm putting in an order for a STI Sentinel Premier on Tuesday. ;)

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Tell STI what you think about their action. Sign their GuestBook as I did. Last link on left side of page.

http://www.stiguns.com/

Name: Red Hat
    Email:

Comment

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your stance on CA's unreasonable requirements and for supporting our 2A. I just hope that other responsible companies like yours will do the same thing. Your actions has just made a new customer! I will happily do business with someone that puts our rights over the almighty dollar. Thank you STI!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

I had to do those guys a solid and let them know we're paying attention. Saw alot of USAcarry guys on there.
    Unapologetic American
    NRA/IDPA/USPSA/GSSF

Just posted

a thank you and that I will consider them more conscientiously in future firearm purchases. We all should.
    Reality, DEAL with IT!

It is great when a business stands up for what is right and forgos a few dollars
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence ... From the hour the Pilgrims landed, to the present day, events, occurrences, and tendencies prove that to insure peace, security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable . . . the very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good" (George Washington)

11. Barrett has also taken a stand by not servicing their weapons out there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast