USA Today Poll vote

U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance
    801 Kingsmill Parkway, Columbus, OH 43229
    Ph. 614/888-4868 • Fax 614/888-0326
    Website: U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance • E-mail: [email protected]

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Greg R. Lawson (614) 888-4868 x 214
    December 31, 2010 Sharon Hayden (614) 888-4868 x 226

Sportsmen: Take the USA Today Gun Owner Poll

(Columbus, OH) -With a new year getting ready to start, it's important that sportsmen's voices are heard loud and clear. One way to do this is to respond each and every time the mainstream media seeks our opinions on subjects that impact our traditions.

The Second Amendment is one of these subjects. It's vitally importance to millions of America’s sportsmen. This is especially the case today as all firearm owners constantly face legislation in Washington and state capitals seeking to constrain our constitutional rights.

This online poll from USA Today, one of the leading news providers in the country, has surfaced a number of times online. Despite being around for three plus years, the poll asks a tremendously important question, “Does the Second Amendment give individuals the right to bear arms?”

Thus far over 7 million people have responded with the overwhelming majority voting yes. As legislators in Congress and the states come back into session, this is a good time to express your opinion about our right to keep and bear arms.

As such, the U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance hopes that you will join those that have already voted and make your opinion heard.

In the meantime, let’s all take a deep breathe and get ready for to continue standing up for our outdoor heritage in 2011!

Take Action! Click here to vote and add your voice to the USA Today poll.

For more information, contact the U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance at 614-888-4868 or email [email protected]

About the U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance
    The U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance is a national association of sportsmen and sportsmen’s organizations that protects the rights of hunters, anglers and trappers in the courts, legislatures, at the ballot, in Congress and through public education programs. For more information about the U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance and its work, call (614) 888-4868 or visit its website,

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

--30-- HYPERLINK TO POLL ---> http://www.usatoday.com/news/quickqu.../popup5895.htm
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

JSDinTexas Guest
    I am pleased to see the yes votes account for 97% - shows we haven't totally lost it yet

LMAO... Look closely at the link, it is from November of 2007.

But it's really good to see you guys are working OT to keep on top of things!

I have yet to see the numbers change is any significant way since then. Sort of seems like a done deal to me.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

JSDinTexas Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    LMAO... Look closely at the link, it is from November of 2007.

But it's really good to see you guys are working OT to keep on top of things!
    Yes, I knew it was from 2007, and it comes up every so often here, but it's always good to vote one more time.

Maybe that's why the numbers are so good. Same people keep voting on it year after year. Sorry. My bad, I shoulda noticed that.
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%