How many remember?

Thread: How many remember?

1. How many remember?

When you would see rifles in the gun racks of the pick-ups in the High School parking lot. When it was an excused tardy if you had a fresh field dressed deer with you, and they would even give you ice, or let you take it home on a warm day? It was still like that at my kids school untill they consolidated and made them join a school district about 6 years ago. The school has been going down hill ever since, even the grades have been going down, and that's what they call "progress"

I remember and some call this progress
    AL
    Proverbs 25:28 - A man without self control is like a city broken into and left without walls.

What I remember is that there were no pick-up out in the parking lot as all the pick-ups were out on the farms being used. I don't ever remember more than a half-dozen students driving to school, almost everyone rode the bus. When kids got out of school you didn't have to worry about them riding around with a rifle in the rack because they had their butts out in the fields working.

Now that their parents can afford to give every son his own pick-up to ride around in after school with a rifle in the back window and nothing else to do they haven't learned responsibility for anything, especially guns. Therefore it has place us into the situation that we cannot compare what school was like years ago. For whatever reason you want to blame it on the students in school today are not those of 40 years ago and the same rules cannot apply any more.

Blog Entries
    When I was in school one of the boys that lived close to the school would rabbet hunt on his way to school and set the shotgun in the corner of our class room. In the afternoon he would hunt on his way home.
    My Dad (now we are talking 77 years ago) would trap on his way to school and always carried a 22 pistol in his belt.
    That was back in the good old days before the Progressive Idiots took hold of Our Schools, Our Government and Our Lives and individuals knew how to think for themselves.
    Now these Government raised Dopes have no independence, no morality, no common sense, and need to depend on the Government they wouldn't know any other way.
    And the bad thing is they let them vote.
    “Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower

Now days farm kids don't even get to go to schools that are local. Many get put on a bus and end up in a city. Where they are taught that guns are bad.

I used to go duck and goose hunting in the mornings before school and a shotgun was always in the gun rack. As a boy I rode my bicicle out to the fields to go hunting. Several times a police car would pull up and say, "those gunds are not loaded are they guys and then drive off saying, be carefull and have fun."

When I got home from school I had work to do, I don't remember any lazy Kids. Today most Kids are lazy, the World has changed and not for the better. I drove a 1929 Model "A" to High School (I bought it myself). On Christmas I remember $30 was the limit. I'm 65 by the way.

9. We had rifle club in high school. All the members would bring their rifles to school. Afterwards go phesant hunting. My rifles were keep in the car in the school parking lot. Guess what??? No one ever ever ever shot or threatened to shoot anyone. The Libs have distoyed our Rebublic.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

handgonnetoter Guest
    Graduated from a small school in Northern Michigan about thirty years ago. I don't remember much about seeing any firearms in pickup window racks, but I do remember the whole school practically shutting down the first week of deer season! My father and I was with that crowd, hunting. Good times, miss them!

I remember that very fondly. (We even used to have makeshift gunshows in the parking lot.)

I also remember shooting "real" rifles in our schools indoor range. (We had an excellent rifle team!)