The U.S. Constitution is Read on the Floor - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The U.S. Constitution is Read on the Floor

1. Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    What did you expect? They are taking the word ****** out of huckleberry finn. While I am a black American I see no reason to remove this word from the book. By removing it you are taking away all the signs of progress that has been made. The same goes with skipping over or censoring parts of the US constitution. Read it as it was written so that you can see that we have came a long way from how it was back then. If you are happy that a censored version of the US constitution was read on the house floor. You are not thinking ahead enough to realize that they can start censoring out parts ever year till there is nothing left. What has happened that we need to be so damn politically correct now?
    Kasper good Post. Political correctness is destroying our Republic. I admire the fact that you Identify yourself as a Black American and not African America. You obviously do not have a chip on you shoulder like most Black DO. I Am an American first regardless of my ethnic back ground.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Kasper's comment about Huck Finn reminded me of a radio talk show the other day when they were discussing this. A recent immigrant from England called in and said when he first came over to the US and settled in SC he could not believe all the license plates including an official SC license plate promoting shagging. Now if you are not familiar with what the term means to a certain area along the East Coast and what it means in the British Isles I suppose you will have to research it. However this fellow had the understanding that SC was a conservative state but for people to go around advertise that they were shaggers leaned much more to the liberal side.

Word do have different meanings to different people.

Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    Kasper good Post. Political correctness is destroying our Republic. I admire the fact that you Identify yourself as a Black American and not African America. You obviously do not have a chip on you shoulder like most Black DO. I Am an American first regardless of my ethnic back ground.
    that was a good post Kasper and I agree with you wooddoctor, I just wish all Americans would claim they are Americans and thats it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    Well for the first time I am ready to admit that TEOTWAWKI is upon the United States!
    Someone set me straight. So many here thinks it is great that the Constitution was read in the House. I think I am sorry that it was. Again set me straight because this is the part that truly saddens me and it has signaled that it's over in the long run for The United States.
    My reason for feeling this way is that They censored The Constitution OF The United States OF America on the floor of The House Of Representatives!
    They left out Article 1 Section 2 paragraph 3 so that nobody would be "offended".
    That was taken care of by a disagreement in the 1860's and handled in the Constitution by the XIIIth amendment. Eliminating the reading of the 3/5 compromise clearly points out that those sworn to uphold the Constitution don't understand it. Certainly the 3/5 part. I'm not even going to go into the real meaning...look it up and decide for yourself. It doesn't mean slaves as people were only worth or only 3/5ths human.
    If the reading was Boehner's idea we need to write and call him and let him know that this sends a bad signal for our future and the long term continuation of the Constitution which makes this a country of laws. I think they also left out the 18th Amendment but did read the 21st. Still trying to figure this out. If I am wrong, sorry. If not I think we should start a groundswell of our disapproval based on the reading of the censored Constitution! Boehner needs to be held accountable!
    CapGun thanks for the eye opener, I didnt relize that and it is a big deal!!! I agree with you read it all WORD FOR WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Good call cuz, I don't trust the R either, it is up to us now,and keep voting these SOB out every election cycle.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    What did you expect? They are taking the word ****** out of huckleberry finn. While I am a black American I see no reason to remove this word from the book. By removing it you are taking away all the signs of progress that has been made. The same goes with skipping over or censoring parts of the US constitution. Read it as it was written so that you can see that we have came a long way from how it was back then. If you are happy that a censored version of the US constitution was read on the house floor. You are not thinking ahead enough to realize that they can start censoring out parts ever year till there is nothing left. What has happened that we need to be so damn politically correct now?
    Hopefully Harper Lee's "To Kill a Mockingbird" will not be censored as well. "To Kill a Mockingbird" is one of the most banned books of all time, and is a great piece of American literature. I never understood why people object to this book.

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    Kasper's comment about Huck Finn reminded me of a radio talk show the other day when they were discussing this. A recent immigrant from England called in and said when he first came over to the US and settled in SC he could not believe all the license plates including an official SC license plate promoting shagging. Now if you are not familiar with what the term means to a certain area along the East Coast and what it means in the British Isles I suppose you will have to research it. However this fellow had the understanding that SC was a conservative state but for people to go around advertise that they were shaggers leaned much more to the liberal side.

Word do have different meanings to different people.
    What term is on SC license plates? I know what shagging is, but can't make the backward reference.

it ought to be required that every polititian not only read it but read it every day.

Guess who read the 1st amendment?

Quote Originally Posted by weekendskp View Post
    What term is on SC license plates? I know what shagging is, but can't make the backward reference.
    There are three ways this term is used.
    Shagging - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The first is the all American reference.
    The second is what the Brits use it for.
    The third is South eastern U.S. definition.
    AHH! Coffee the elixir of life!
    Coffee the elixir of life!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast