At least 12 shot including Arizona Congresswoman Giffords - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: At least 12 shot including Arizona Congresswoman Giffords

Hmmm, CNN didn't mention anybody shot back? Now there is a surprise.

Can't wait for the Brady bunch on this one. Damned barrel shrouds and high capacity magazines (read: factory full-size Glock magazine)

EDiT: more reason for me to carry more.

No matter how you view this, it is going to affect us all. The Feds are already calling the gun used a semi-automatic with a high capacity magazine. But they are also looking into his Anti Government past. Rhetoric like that posted by Kasper (No offence) is the kind of stuff that is going to hang us all. BTW, the media is also linking this to other mass shooting events, and not mentioning that the other mass shootings all happened in Gun Free Zones.
    .... And let the one having no sword sell his outer garment and buy one. ~God
    http://www.cjdefense.com/ Wisconsin

5. Quote Originally Posted by CalicoJack10 View Post
    No matter how you view this, it is going to affect us all. The Feds are already calling the gun used a semi-automatic with a high capacity magazine. But they are also looking into his Anti Government past. Rhetoric like that posted by Kasper (No offence) is the kind of stuff that is going to hang us all. BTW, the media is also linking this to other mass shooting events, and not mentioning that the other mass shootings all happened in Gun Free Zones.
    I'll bet the 22 yr old shooter didn't have a permit to carry. Now if the bystander was just a permited resident ( not a LEO) and didn't injury anyone with the return fire, this could be made into a positive for CCW. As a permited AZ resident ,I can only hope

Thats due to Congress and judges not wanting to be held accountable for their actions. For the only reason they are there is because we put them there. They were elected by the people for the people. Most have forgotten this and now with our government being the way it is and the effect their actions have had on the economy don't think this will be the last time something like this happens. For now most of the News stations will not be reporting that a citizen shot the shooter due to them not wanting any of us to be armed. For now the government officials have remembered that the second amendment is what causes them to be concern about the choices they make. Watch and see if they don't say we have to take all guns away from citizens for the government officials can do their job without fearing for their lives. And the person who did the shooting was not a wacko or crazy he was a person pushed beyond his breaking point. For when you have nothing left to live for you do things like this or crashing your plane into a government building. Lets not forget they passed laws that killed people by taking them off of the organ donor list.

Anderson Cooper 360: Blog Archive - KTH: Medicaid cuts affect organ transplants - CNN.com Blogs

After watching her sit there smile at the camera did you except something else to happen. The only thing that surprise me was she was not the one to get shot today. For our elected officials don't realize how bad it has become to be a middle class citizen. Most of us have lost our jobs,soon our houses and the hope of a better life for our kids. For I don't agree with the actions taken today but I do not find it surprising at all.

When the stock market crashed our economy none of the citizens rioted in the streets like in the UK and Europe. We for some reason like to bottle all of our problems up till they explode or we give under the pressure and just break.

For this is just the start of the problems to come wait till gas hits $5.00 a gallon during summer time and they try and pass new laws to take away people right to protect themselves.

For I received a Jury duty summons in the mail yesterday and while it is my civil duty to perform this action I am at odds due to having to leave my gun and any object defined as a weapon at home while performing this duty.As show by the actions of the shooter today I do not feel safe at any government building where I am deprived of my right to protect myself from harm but have to depend on the government to protect me from harm which the supreme court said they have no responsible to protect me. As gathered from Warren v. District of Columbia
    Two women were upstairs in a townhouse when they heard their roommate, a third woman, being attacked downstairs by intruders. They phoned the police several times and were assured that officers were on the way. After about 30 minutes, when their roommate's screams had stopped, they assumed the police had finally arrived. When the two women went downstairs they saw that in fact the police never came, but the intruders were still there. As the Warren court graphically states in the opinion: "For the next fourteen hours the women were held captive, raped, robbed, beaten, forced to commit sexual acts upon each other, and made to submit to the sexual demands of their attackers."

The three women sued the District of Columbia for failing to protect them, but D.C.'s highest court exonerated the District and its police, saying that it is a "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen."
    But you can bet your ass that they will go above and beyond to protect themselves from us. By making us depend on them for protection that by "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." If that is the case then why are they taking away the law that states I have the right to carry arms to protect myself from harm.

While it does piss me off I still need to go so that the jury will at lest have one person who believes in the second amendment and the right to protect ones self and property. Other wise it might end up being a jury of Antis instead of a jury of peers.

Quote Originally Posted by onesolar View Post
    I'll bet the 22 yr old shooter didn't have a permit to carry. Now if the bystander was just a permited resident ( not a LEO) and didn't injury anyone with the return fire, this could be made into a positive for CCW. As a permited AZ resident ,I can only hope
    Arizona does not require permits. They changed that about a year ago.
    News is reporting that AZ is one of only three states. The other two are Alaska & Vermont.

Quote Originally Posted by CalicoJack10 View Post
    Thanks for confirming my fears of having to be worried about the government.

Definition of RHETORIC

: the art of speaking or writing effectively: as
    a : the study of principles and rules of composition formulated by critics of ancient times
    b : the study of writing or speaking as a means of communication or persuasion
    a : skill in the effective use of speech
    b : a type or mode of language or speech; also : insincere or grandiloquent language
    : verbal communication : discourse
    Ok I will agree with your use of the word rhetoric as long as you are not using 2b for the definition. And I take no offence from your post for it is an accurate description of my post on this form. I have no problems agreeing that my post is Anti government.For no one can get everyone to like them so while some like the government the way it is others do not.

While I would agree with some of what you said Kasper, I can only think of how it was said. There is no posative light to a situation like this. People are dead, including children, and I totally agree that a majority of politicians have forgotten why they were elected in the first place. But murder is not a posative response in any way. Especially when the thoughtless actions of those that commit events like this cost innocent lives.

Those are inflamitory statements, and I completely disagree with the implication that this is the kind of event that is/should be expected. Why did that 9 year old diserve to get caught in the line of fire. This situation is the kind of thing that affects all of our lives as gun owners. I for one think that this situation is going to be use to supress those of us that are law abiding gun owners.

And I still have that military mindset, where if something is going wrong, it is my place to stop it. Just because someone creates a horrific situation does not mean that it should be met with an equally horrific situation.

BTW, I like your honesty. It is really refreshing and wether I agree or not, I respect you for it. I am truely impressed.
    .... And let the one having no sword sell his outer garment and buy one. ~God
    http://www.cjdefense.com/ Wisconsin

Remember there are some crazy people out their, ready to snap. It won't take much more, people lost $80,000 jobs are now working for minimum wages, people have lost their Houses, food prices are very high, wait till the Fuel cost is $5.00/gal and the Tractor Trailers Stop carrying food to the stores. When people can't get food this world, as we know it, will change. DUCK AND COVER

Quote Originally Posted by CalicoJack10 View Post
    While I would agree with some of what you said Kasper, I can only think of how it was said. There is no posative light to a situation like this. People are dead, including children, and I totally agree that a majority of politicians have forgotten why they were elected in the first place. But murder is not a posative response in any way. Especially when the thoughtless actions of those that commit events like this cost innocent lives.

Those are inflamitory statements, and I completely disagree with the implication that this is the kind of event that is/should be expected. Why did that 9 year old diserve to get caught in the line of fire. This situation is the kind of thing that affects all of our lives as gun owners. I for one think that this situation is going to be use to supress those of us that are law abiding gun owners.

And I still have that military mindset, where if something is going wrong, it is my place to stop it. Just because someone creates a horrific situation does not mean that it should be met with an equally horrific situation.

BTW, I like your honesty. It is really refreshing and wether I agree or not, I respect you for it. I am truely impressed.
    Thank you for the complement. I agree with you that the actions of the shooter was not the actions that should have been taken they should of been expected for you can only push people so far till they snap or break. As for the 9 year kid did not do anything to deserve being shot. I feel bad for all the people that played no role in this guy being pushed to his breaking point. For if it was up to me he would be punished for hurting and killing people that had no part in pushing him over his breaking point. It might be considered rude of me to say but the judge and congress woman get no pity or sympathy from me for I see it as there actions brought this upon them.Now I do feel sorry for their family and the loss of one of its members.

Just as my posts here could bring the FBI or other government officials to my door. I have no one to blame but myself for speaking my mind. We all want to believe that all life is precious but it is not. What is, Is the impressions you leave on the people you encounter each day throughout your live. For it is those impressions that have an effect on the people you leave them with and can become great things for good or bad purposes depending on the type of impression that was left.
    Last edited by Kasper; 01-08-2011 at 07:28 PM. Reason: forgot to address a commit

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast