At least 12 shot including Arizona Congresswoman Giffords - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: At least 12 shot including Arizona Congresswoman Giffords

Geraldo is an ***** h***. This morning there should be around 50 Civil Law Suits against Sahara Palin, Everyone in that crowd and all people with Targets on them on her Map should file. This could affect the number of people that Vote in this Country. What palin and others are doing will be the downfall of this country. They are making it unsafe to attend any Political function. I've been watching Glen Beck lately, instead of of him saying to do something, he's showing films of others saying it. I guess he thinks that protects him from a Lawsuit. I believe in freedom of speech but someone has to stop this, these people have a lot of followers that can't/don't think for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by CalicoJack10 View Post
    Apparently there is conformation that there were no high cap mags used, and there is conformation that there was no civilian shooter trying to stop the event. But on the dark side of things (As if this situation were not dark enough) there are already anti's like Geraldo Rivera and Fox news that are turning this into an anti gun agenda. Geraldo was quoted as saying that the gunman used a 9mm, a "Massive Slug". WTF is that? now I understand why the guy has had him nose broke several times, he apparently makes light of tragedy in order to get people to think like him.
    Loughner: I can't trust this government - U.S. news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com

The Washington Post reported more details on the weapon: "Federal law enforcement sources said Loughner used a Glock 19 semiautomatic pistol that was found with a fully loaded magazine that held about 30 bullets. He had another magazine that held about 30 bullets and two others that each held about 15 bullets. He also was carrying a knife."
    Earlier they reported it as clips but have changed it to magazines.

As I said, it is a long ways before this investigation is over.

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    I have seen reports that the gun he used had an extended magazine, not barrle or supressor as some have been saying. That would make sense if he was able to shoot at least 19 people as some have reported and would be a Glock with the 33 round mag. Varying sources have reported that a bystander shot back but the Sheriff has denied any exchange of gunfire. Either way this investigation is a long way from being over or accurate.
    I was saying that gun grabbers like this know nothing are going to be having a field day with this

YouTube - What is a barrel shroud?

Chances are that this guy had a full size pistol (I've heard it was a Glock) with a factory magazine. A lot of people are about to be vilified.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    .... Who ever did the shooting was holding her accountable for the people she murdered by getting rid of the healthcare coverage that would have allowed them to get the organs replaced that need to be replaced to prevent them from dying.

I'm guessing this was some public assistance program and I'm quite sure "she" wasn't the ONLY one to help make that decision, but based on what I've read this morning she was PRO unified heath care.... Not that I agree with this choice but if something had to go and this was it for the "greater good of ALL the people in that state", tough decision need to made.

This will be in the news cause it has been awhile since a congress members was shot...
    Are you saying this is a good thing? Something that was long over due???

So now this person who did this has now made the congress members think about their action and how it will affect their lives if they start passing laws people don't want or cutting programs that people need. So with any luck the people placed into office by the people for the people will realize that the people will be holding them responsible for their actions.

Yes they need to be held accountable, in a civilized mannor. If "we" (Logical, responsible, law-abiding citizens) want to hold someone accountable, we use our voices, our written words to protest NOT BULLETS!

This is just the start they have not realized the state our country is in and the mood of the people. It is reaching the breaking point where people are going to snap under the weight. Civil unrest is not far behind this is the beginning to the what if posts.

But knowing them it going to be we need to disarm them to protect ourselves from them. We can't have citizens holding us accountable for our actions that effect them.

Again this in't the proper way to send a message and this "nutjob" certainly HAS put another big target on the faces of those of us who are law-abiding citizens.

Don't belive the news reports wait 2 days for them to collect more accurate details of what happened and the number of injured. For if you start keeping track you will see how the numbers keep changing people either are dead or have came back to life.

I have only been on this forum for a short time and enjoyed many of the discussions held here but have noticed that there are "a few" members that spew veniom & distain and seemingly attempting to goad others into a frenzy. "there needs to be a revolution, are you ready for the revolution???..." and my statements are not a personal attack toward any of them.

Fortunately most of the participants seem to be logical citizens and would only use lethal force when their life or the lives of someone else was in jeopardy. I hope & pray that I'm right.

While I defend everyones right to freedom of speech and expression, I can not/will accept that some "blood thursty" individuals who's morals are so askew, where as, they belive that actions such as this are justified.

I'm quite sure that I now have a target on my "back" here for some of these very personalities and they will again make their presence and ignorant comments know.

Rant over.

P.S. - No, I'm not some "bleeding heart liberal".
    I am quite the opposite and I am prepared to defend myself and family from ALL enemies Foreign and Domestic if and when the need arises.

PEACE
    Last edited by asaling; 01-09-2011 at 10:01 AM. Reason: added information & context
    AL
    Proverbs 25:28 - A man without self control is like a city broken into and left without walls.

Yes, it was a Glock 9, those evil guns (said in jest obviously). He had a 30 round high cap. magazine and two others with him.

One of the two men who tackled him was also carrying a gun. he said if he was not able to tackle him, he would have drawn and engaged.

I am praying for the 13 injured, 6 dead, and others there that will obviously be affected.

Interesting (and true) statement made this morning on Meet the Press, when the host brought up the gun control issue that is bound to be brought up, and the Congresswoman's support of 2A, he said "well, 7 people were killed in Washington DC, a city with strongest gun control laws in the country, so obviously gun control does not work. also, 18 people were killed in Arizona car accidents, maybe we should outlaw cars.

As an Arizona resident, I pray it won't change our Constitutional carry rights here.

Anytime any citizen decides who is to govern by assassination or even attempted assassination our democracy is weakened.

I am struck by the fact however the shooter was caught and found to be a mental case. I have to wonder if the shooter had not been identified and remained at large how many posters would be making remarks as to the shooting of a "Commie Obamacrat" may not be a bad thing and making him some sort of a hero. The fact that she was very pro-Second Amendment, pro Government Spending Controls and pro-Border Control would not even enter into the matter, only that she was a Democrat and therefore one of those "Commie Muslims. "

I am an Independent Conservative btw. In this case the Congresswoman would fit my political philosophy better than her Republican opponent would have.

There has been a lot of talk around all of the forums about bearing arms against the government. It has almost become an accepted tenet among certain gun groups. Maybe this incident can bring home to all of us that the ballot box is our weapon to keep our freedom, not the gun.

All that said, I personally believe that this shooter was too young and too addled to be capable of any real political mission. If it develops later that others led him astray, then we have other villains.

Quote Originally Posted by wjh2657 View Post
    Anytime any citizen decides who is to govern by assassination or even attempted assassination our democracy is weakened.

I am struck by the fact however the shooter was caught and found to be a mental case. I have to wonder if the shooter had not been identified and remained at large how many posters would be making remarks as to the shooting of a "Commie Obamacrat" may not be a bad thing and making him some sort of a hero. The fact that she was very pro-Second Amendment, pro Government Spending Controls and pro-Border Control would not even enter into the matter, only that she was a Democrat and therefore one of those "Commie Muslims. "

I am an Independent Conservative btw. In this case the Congresswoman would fit my political philosophy better than her Republican opponent would have.

There has been a lot of talk around all of the forums about bearing arms against the government. It has almost become an accepted tenet among certain gun groups. Maybe this incident can bring home to all of us that the ballot box is our weapon to keep our freedom, not the gun.

All that said, I personally believe that this shooter was too young and too addled to be capable of any real political mission. If it develops later that others led him astray, then we have other villains.

+1 - Very well stated
    AL
    Proverbs 25:28 - A man without self control is like a city broken into and left without walls.

as the story continues...

The shooter applied to enter the army. He was denied for reasons the army won't disclose, citing privacy laws. I personally believe either at the trial or at some point the Army needs to release the reason for dismissing him.

Also, since the army wont' disclose his reason for not getting in, and since he has had a number of expulsions from schools, and has a known track record of problems, HOW did he pass the NCIS check? he bought the gun at a Sportsman's Warehouse in November.

SO sad, I agree with others on other sites, this is NOT a time of politics but a time for praying and grieving for those involved, the ones who survived and the ones who witnessed it.

I have friends who were there, and might be going to Tucson to help them get through this.

Also, lets praise the heroes who helped. the two men who tackled the shooter and the congressional aide who held her head from the time she got shot to the hospital, he saved her life.

I read (not sure it it's true) one of the men who tackled the shooter was carrying, but did not draw because the first man removed the shooters gun and removed the threat, but he said he would have if he needed to.

A Kid with a pair of finger nail clippers can get you expelled from School. The Sheriff just made a comment that every one doesn't need a Gun and complained that the State was Voting on allowing Students and Teachers in College to have Guns.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast