At least 12 shot including Arizona Congresswoman Giffords - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: At least 12 shot including Arizona Congresswoman Giffords

And what bothers me about that is the fact that it would create mobile NO GUN ZONES that you could not even possibly completely avoid - unless they also require all elected officals to wear GLOW IN THE DARK JOKER GREEN jumpsuits and announce themselves with loudhailers. And to state the obvious yet again, why would anybody actually intending to do harm care in the least about any of this???

Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    A And to state the obvious yet again, why would anybody actually intending to do harm care in the least about any of this???
    The proposal is idiotic because it is impractical and and an ineffective intrusion on the lives of law abiding citizens.

But, we have to stop arguing against laws because "criminals will ignore them."

Criminals ignore all laws, including laws against murder, rape, child abuse, driving while intoxicated, and having sex with animals. That doesn't mean we should eliminate such laws or not enact them in the first place.

"If we outlaw guns only criminals will have gun" is no different than "if we outlaw drinking and driving, only criminals will drink and drive."

Neither is very persuasive.

We need to meet the anti-gun arguments with well reasoned logical arguments, not trite phases that they can easily dismiss.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    The proposal is idiotic because it is impractical and and an ineffective intrusion on the lives of law abiding citizens.

But, we have to stop arguing against laws because "criminals will ignore them."

Criminals ignore all laws, including laws against murder, rape, child abuse, driving while intoxicated, and having sex with animals. That doesn't mean we should eliminate such laws or not enact them in the first place.

"If we outlaw guns only criminals will have gun" is no different than "if we outlaw drinking and driving, only criminals will drink and drive."

Neither is very persuasive.

We need to meet the anti-gun arguments with well reasoned logical arguments, not trite phases that they can easily dismiss.
    Quite, quite. Since I doubt this forum has many gun haters reading it, I was just venting frustration here. Sometimes these things just get to you.

Quote Originally Posted by allen656 View Post
    What bothers me is a NY politican with the support of the NYC mayor is trying to introduce a bill similar to the "school zone" laws about carrying a firearm within 1000' of certain elected officals....does it REALLY matter to a criminal if its against the law?

All it does is to have more to be charged with and plea bargin later.
    Lets push for a law that no politicians are allowed to be within 1000 feet of a regular citizen. And that they are the ones that have to avoid the citizens and not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    Lets push for a law that no politicians are allowed to be within 1000 feet of a regular citizen. And that they are the ones that have to avoid the citizens and not the other way around.
    Amen to that! Why do I have to avoid them???

I like how they want to take our guns away from us but let their bodyguards be armed. I for one do not like being the unarmed person when others are armed. This is the main reason I avoid courts or any where else that others are armed and I am not allowed to be. I just don't trust another person to look out for my safety better then I can. There is only one person in the USA that has bodyguards willing to take a bullet to save them and the person is the president of the united states. And even then I have a hard time believing that all the secrete service members are willing to give their life to save the president.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567