At least 12 shot including Arizona Congresswoman Giffords
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: At least 12 shot including Arizona Congresswoman Giffords

At least 12 shot including Arizona Congresswoman Giffords

Just turned on the news and saw them talking about a shooting at a public event in Tuscon, Arizona. Arizona Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords was one of the ones shot and is in critical condition at the hospital. I'm not hearing much about the shooter yet.

Here's an article about it:
    Arizona Congresswoman Shot, Married to Astronaut - FoxNews.com
    Last edited by lukem; 01-08-2011 at 03:09 PM.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

They say they caught a shooter and 18 were shot.

If you watched CNN yesterday the Anderson 360 keeping them honest. This news would not surprise you. Who ever did the shooting was holding her accountable for the people she murdered by getting rid of the healthcare coverage that would have allowed them to get the organs replaced that need to be replaced to prevent them from dying. This will be in the news cause it has been awhile since a congress members was shot. So now this person who did this has now made the congress members think about their action and how it will affect their lives if they start passing laws people don't want or cutting programs that people need. So with any luck the people placed into office by the people for the people will realize that the people will be holding them responsible for their actions. This is just the start they have not realized the state our country is in and the mood of the people. It is reaching the breaking point where people are going to snap under the weight. Civil unrest is not far behind this is the beginning to the what if posts.

But knowing them it going to be we need to disarm them to protect ourselves from them. We can't have citizens holding us accountable for our actions that effect them.

Don't belive the news reports wait 2 days for them to collect more accurate details of what happened and the number of injured. For if you start keeping track you will see how the numbers keep changing people either are dead or have came back to life.
    Last edited by Kasper; 01-08-2011 at 04:02 PM. Reason: News

Well shooting people up is out of the question, all frustration about health care issues notwithstanding. I think we can all agree on that.

I am glad the shooter was caught and I hope he gets the most severe punishment they can dole out.

What I am afraid of is that this will just be spun again as an argument for gun control where it really affirms that the opposite is true. I am not sure if it will ultimately be confirmed but I heard a civlian carrier shot the shooter. If responsible people can go armed such things are less likely to happen or will end sooner. Obviously irresponsible whackos or crazies will not be overly concerned about gun laws while they intend to do people harm. Why should they?

Kasper your right, I saw the show and couldn't believe that any supposedly Christian Person would do such a thing. Also I think the same about throwing out the entire Health Care Bill, all those Congressman have FREE Health Care, the poor have none. I'm not affected I have Health Ins and Medicare Ins. Hooray for me, screw you, isn't very Christian. This doesn't surprise me, and I hate to say that.

I know this is just coincidence but nevertheless:
    For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan .When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours - Stephen Roberts

been following

this on other site for a while now...

Judge Roll is dead...

Federal Judge John Roll was killed during a shooting in Arizona that also involved an attack on U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords.

U.S. Marshal for Arizona David Gonzales confirmed to the Associated Press that the U.S. District Judge had died. He offered no other details on the shooting.

Arizona Central talked to Gonzales in 2009 after Roll allowed a $32 million civil-rights lawsuit to proceed against a local rancher. The case was filed by illegal immigrants and drew the ire of local talk radio hosts, who "spurred audiences into making threats."

In one afternoon, Roll logged more than 200 phone calls. Callers threatened the judge and his family. They posted personal information about Roll online.

"They said, 'We should kill him. He should be dead,' " Gonzales said.

Both Roll and his wife were given a U.S. Marshals Service protection detail at the time. Roll called the month-long protection experience "unnerving and invasive." According to Arizona Central, authorities identified four men believed to be responsible for the threats, but Roll declined to press charges at the recommendation of the Marshals Service.
    shooter has been identified... 9 year old girl dead...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_806243.html

Jared Lee Loughner

http://www.youtube.com/user/Classitu.../1/nHoaZaLbqB4 his you tube page...

this guy is just a ******* nut...

someone in the crowd did return fire at this guy... per reports..

YouTube - Gunman Got Shot By Defender In crowd

Brady bunch is having a field day with this...
    "Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it."
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." (Winston Churchill).

CNN said that when he ran out of shells a staffer tackled him. No one mentioned another Gun.

Those evil Hi Cap. magazines. Get ready boys and girls, we will be fighting hard and writing letters to our congressmen in the the coming months. The exploiters of gun related tragedies will be working overtime to cash in on this.
    There will be reports from so called experts that a 9MM is a high power weapon and that there is too many Glocks on the street. (It was reported that the shooter used a Glock 9) If we are lucky, they will spare us from the old standard Saturday Night Special rhetoric.

First my heart goes out to those injured or killed. No one likes to see this happen. The real shame will come when the gunman goes to trial. The warm and fuzzy crowd will make this guy out to be someone that is mentally ill. After all no sane individual would commit a crime like this. Forget a crime was committed and people were injured or killed. It's all about the poor killer and how it wasn't his fault.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast