It's started - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: It's started

I suppose if he drove a Ford super duty pickup into the crowd, we would be talking about banning pickup trucks. This nut was bound to create mass destruction. He could have chosen any weapon. He happen to chose a gun.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    I suppose if he drove a Ford super duty pickup into the crowd, we would be talking about banning pickup trucks. This nut was bound to create mass destruction. He could have chosen any weapon. He happen to chose a gun.
    I couldn't agree more with you! Unfortunately it not how they see it.
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol,
    Personal Protection In The Home
    MA State Police Certified Instructor

Please refrain from calling your gun a weapon. It is a tool that can be used as a weapon. Weapons only have one use to kill or wound things. Our guns are tools that are used only when our life is in danger. Tools have more then one use for them unlike weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    Please refrain from calling your gun a weapon. It is a tool that can be used as a weapon. Weapons only have one use to kill or wound things. Our guns are tools that are used only when our life is in danger. Tools have more then one use for them unlike weapons.

My gun's a weapon dude
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

I was tired of the same thing on every News Channel so last night I looked at MSNBC and was shocked at the News Casters that support Gun Control. I am glad that overall most other Channel haven't made a big deal of it.

That's purely a semantics debate that is essentially of no value. I don't doubt the sincerity, but semantics arguments in this issue are a waste of energy.

stop and concider the number of guns in this country and the TINY percentage of them used in a crime. it is an unfortunate fact of life that we will always have nuts like that shooter and the people who would ban the gun. hey a man driving a old ford lincoln hit my wifes honda car. i guess we should ban ford lincolns. or mabye after all guns are banned we could all sit around a campfire, roast marshmellows and song kum ba ya. there are several politicians who will get a lump of coal from santa in their christmas stocking. or even better lets send the gun-grabbing politicans to the unemployment line and see how they like living in places where only bad guys have guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    It's a mess over there right now I wouldn't recommend going unless you have a strong stomach and are willing to very patiently address the obvious fallacies. It also helps if you can pass yourself off as a liberal

ETA Here's a fairly representitive thread from over there Why is it legal for a civilian to own a glock and the ammunition for it? - Democratic Underground
    Oh I am SO going over there and joining. I love a good debate and can't help but picturing them swarming me and the written swath of destruction I shall wrought, bawhahaha.

EDIT

I just went and checked the site rules out and I'm not surprised at these 2;

1. This is a moderated discussion forum with rules. We have a team of volunteer moderators who delete posts and ban disruptors. Members are strongly urged to familiarize themselves with our rules, and make an effort to become a positive member of our community. Those who do not risk having their posts deleted or their posting privileges revoked.

2. Who We Are: Democratic Underground is an online community for Democrats and other progressives. Members are expected to be generally supportive of progressive ideals, and to support Democratic candidates for political office. Democratic Underground is not affiliated with the Democratic Party, and comments posted here are not representative of the Democratic Party or its candidates.

So no one can post counterarguments without having them deleted or being banned?

I guess they realize just how weak their arguments really are.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    My gun's a weapon dude
    I totally agree with Kasper. Retrain yourself to think in those terms. Tool not weapon. This way if you are ever asked if you have any weapons by LEO you can with a straight face say no!

I disagree. When I was in the police academy, the instructor had a jingle. "This is my Weapon (points to pistol), this is my gun (Points to our crotch) (( all cadets were men)), The Weapon is for shooting and my gun is for fun".

Since then, I use the term Weapon or Pistol for my firearm, and the other is my gun. :) No more needs to be said--- could say lots tho. LOL.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast