Legally Armed Citizen Tackles Congesswoman's Gunman in Tucson - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Legally Armed Citizen Tackles Congesswoman's Gunman in Tucson

Quote Originally Posted by chroode View Post
    Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

Bet ya did'nt know:

When ARMED CITIZEN Joseph Zamudio (who tackled the gunman) told FOX news this morning that he ran from inside the store TOWARDS the GUNMAN with HIS HAND ON HIS GUN and SAFETY OFF they thought that they were getting an exclusive, BUT they didn't know that CNN had the information 2 DAYS EARLIER, but chose not to publicize it.
    And how did his being armed and prepared to use his weapon have an impact on the outcome?

That information was irrelevant.

It would be like someone claiming they guy was also a homosexual and somehow his sexual orientation had something to do with his reaction.

He tackled the perp. He didn't shoot him He would have done the same whether or not he was armed.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    And how did his being armed and prepared to use his weapon have an impact on the outcome?

That information was irrelevant.

It would be like someone claiming they guy was also a homosexual and somehow his sexual orientation had something to do with his reaction.

He tackled the perp. He didn't shoot him He would have done the same whether or not he was armed.
    The fact that he thought it through and decided not to open fire into a crowd possibly injuring or killing others despite his having the power to shoot the suspect and end the killing, makes the mention of the possession of the gun on his part relevant..

Perhaps his decision to not use his gun may have saved another life...

Critical thinking...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    The fact that he thought it through and decided not to open fire into a crowd possibly injuring or killing others despite his having the power to shoot the suspect and end the killing, makes the mention of the possession of the gun on his part relevant..

Perhaps his decision to not use his gun may have saved another life...

Critical thinking...
    So in your world of "critical thinking" if he wasn't armed he wouldn't have acted as he did?

In other words, in your world of "critical thinking" his courage was dependent on the weapon at his side.

Tell that Daniel Hernandez. Was he armed? Was his courage dependent on having a weapon at his side?

Both of those men appear to have done what they did out of concern for their fellow humans, rather than because they had false courage derived from a weapon.

Is your courage dependent on being armed? Would you run if you didn't have a gun in the same circumstances those two men faced?

Critical thinking can drive you crazy if you don't know what it means.

My weapon continues to a huge impact on my courage and thought process, not so much in carrying it, but in thinking through situations much more clearly than I used to. It has opened my eyes in many ways and I am thankful for that.

I think the chances of the media having similar anti-gun opinions like those found on this thread are quite high. Hopefully, the current lack of political lame ducks will have a positive impact on the situation to come.

I predict Arizona will be politically beat up over this, much like the immigration issue.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    So in your world of "critical thinking" if he wasn't armed he wouldn't have acted as he did?

In other words, in your world of "critical thinking" his courage was dependent on the weapon at his side.

Tell that Daniel Hernandez. Was he armed? Was his courage dependent on having a weapon at his side?

Both of those men appear to have done what they did out of concern for their fellow humans, rather than because they had false courage derived from a weapon.

Is your courage dependent on being armed? Would you run if you didn't have a gun in the same circumstances those two men faced?

Critical thinking can drive you crazy if you don't know what it means.
    In response to the question in red... I love the fact that he acted the way he did, instead of shooting and risking more injury or loss of life.. You don't seem to get that do you?

Do you own a gun? I've asked that question of you a few times and have yet to get an answer so no more Q&A until I get my answer...

I mentioned nothing about his courage nor did I call it into question, read my previous post.

I'm sure he had it regardless of the gun on his hip. The fact that he chose to first use the tool in his head not the one on his hip makes it interesting... He was willing to risk his life. Some other folks may not have made that careful decision.. A shoot? No shoot? exercise...

He could have tried being a hero and shot the buggers out of that wack-job, but he chose to put himself in harms way rather than put another person in harms way by SHOOTING!!! He still remains a hero with a clean conscience.

What if he had used the gun in his possession, and killed the bad guy but hit another innocent person in the process? Or worse, missed the bad guy and killed another person? Would he still be called a hero? I'm sure for him, it was more than just the title of hero being applied to his name. I applaud him for being the hero by NOT USING HIS GUN!!!

Now, have I made my point clearer? Anyone else on the site wanting to assist, feel free...

As for my courage being called into question... Whatever... That's an easy way to hook some folks...

Yea that critical thinking thing is crazy, Don't you agree?

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    Thank you Joe Zamudio! Responsible gun owner and concealed carrier. He was aware of the situation and restrained himself from blasting away due to the situation at hand and legal and safety considerations. I am not saying that was his thought process but I am saying his actions I believe were a result of understanding what his responsibilities as a legal gun carrying citizen is all about. I believe most if not all CC's are this way in exercising their 2a rights. He just had the opportunity and the clear thinking to act this way. Well done. Better yet listen to his accounting. Well done!
    Let me see ..."only the police should have guns". Hmmm Joe Z along with others beat them there. You know...when seconds count....
    This was an unfortunate terrible thing. Anyone that tries to figure out what caused the shooter to do this is either deluding themselves or they are using this for a political attack agenda. This guy was psychotic and totally irrational.
    A a major failure of health care? I think so. He was on the radar screen. Even bigger failure of Law Enforcement? I think so. He was arrested and had numerous encounters. Were his "crimes" cleaned up a bit so that it did not show up on the NICS check? I don't know but again he was on that radar screen. Maybe there should have been some follow up including coordination between law enforcement and county health services! Well maybe just suspend the 2A and take my rights away. Yea, that's the ticket to stop this sort of thing from ever happening again.
    BTW I am looking for an example of a behavior that has been eliminated by passing a law! Anyone????
    In case I failed to articulate my thoughts in my previous posts... I think this one hits it pretty well on the head...

he didnt fire cause the guy was already on the ground... he came from a store over and helped hold him there till the police arrived... he didnt personally tackle him, if he shot the guy while on the ground being held down and no weapon... would have been very bad...
    "Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it."
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." (Winston Churchill).

Quote Originally Posted by GOV5 View Post
    I'll tell you why there was nobody close that was armed. The Congresswoman was a Democrat, and it was a Democrat rally. Democrats don't believe in owning/carrying guns. Bet some of them wished they had been armed THAT day!
    Very good point! I was wondering about the lack of concealed carry considering it is Arizona. I think you hit on something.

Masshole>> You are spot on! Nogods doesn't understand or want to understand it was responsible gun carry that was exemplified by Zimudia!
    Hatchet>>>> He still did the right thing. If it helps you at all Zimudia in his interview did say that he later found out that he was carrying a knife and could have hurt the ones (himself included) badly with it. Guess it was good he had the gun...you know like the fire extinguisher in the kitchen although you haven't burned any houses down, I think.
    As far as him acting differently I don't think he would even without the gun but we'll never know nor will he actually. I don't think the point his courage came from his weapon but just that maybe he could have done something more not knowing the shooter was already wrestled to the ground. The obvious point NoGods, is that he did not draw his "courage" from it's holster! He had it all along and nobody here equated the two.

He was on the News last night and said the guy was already down and that he saw the Gun and garbed it, but the guy with the Gun was the good guy, he was told to grab the other guy so he did, also he weights 220 and the BG was not going to get up with him holding him down.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast