2nd amendment, the real meaning

Thread: 2nd amendment, the real meaning

Exclamation 2nd amendment, the real meaning

When this was written into the Constitution it was intended to provide the people with the right to arm themselves. It was not to let them have hunting guns, but to allow them to possess military state of the art weapons equal to any military arm. All gun laws that infringe in any way upon the law abiding citizen concerning the exercise of this right are unconstitutional. Gun control laws should only control the people that abuse this right by endangering the public in criminal acts. The use of a firearm in a violent criminal act should carry extreme consequences and not jail time. Such people are contemptuous of the right to bear arms itself. There should be no prosecution of anyone that shoots an armed criminal in the act of committing a crime. After all, the violent criminal is a traitor. Gun Registration is unconstitutional. Also, it doesn't work. Guns, if outlawed, will still be available to criminals. The gun like all other illegal things will be smuggled to supply criminals and the sale of banned guns will fuel further breakdown of the American way of life. A lot that is wrong with our Country could be turned around by a change in our educational system. Respect for others is not seen as important to a lot of young people these days. Contempt for others and the law seems to be the creed of a large number of our young and that is the failure of the people to pass along the important lessons of living. Our school government officials and the American Education Association is responsible for a lot of mistaken ideas called self expression that allow some to run wild. The ATF should be the AT & I for alcohol, tobacco and idiots. The idiots being those that abuse Constitutional rights, both citizen and official. Many terrible things have been done under the guise of Law Enforcement. There has been horrible violence against citizenry that could have been handled without confrontation or violence. Such actions by government officials that are supposed to protect and defend are inexcusable. These actions are intended to instill fear in the populace to help further restrict our rights. All of the restrictions on type, size, capacity and anything else concerning firearms are unconstitutional for a citizen. Violent criminals are not citizens and should not be considered such once convicted. They should not have the rights that they are contemptuous of. Shall not be infringed doesn't mean except for this or that. Lawmakers that go against the 2nd amendment are also contemptuous of our rights and We the People are the real government and not these self promoting officials that look for ways to restrict our rights. I'm elderly and never thought that I might be forced to fulfill my oath to "protect and defend" but I'm sharpening my Bowie 'cause I see the gathering enemies and they are domestic! Just an old disabled Veteran!

Quote Originally Posted by sirwilliam View Post
    When this was written into the Constitution it was intended to provide the people with the right to arm themselves. It was not to let them have hunting guns, but to allow them to possess military state of the art weapons equal to any military arm. All gun laws that infringe in any way upon the law abiding citizen concerning the exercise of this right are unconstitutional. Gun control laws should only control the people that abuse this right by endangering the public in criminal acts. The use of a firearm in a violent criminal act should carry extreme consequences and not jail time. Such people are contemptuous of the right to bear arms itself. There should be no prosecution of anyone that shoots an armed criminal in the act of committing a crime. After all, the violent criminal is a traitor. Gun Registration is unconstitutional. Also, it doesn't work. Guns, if outlawed, will still be available to criminals. The gun like all other illegal things will be smuggled to supply criminals and the sale of banned guns will fuel further breakdown of the American way of life. A lot that is wrong with our Country could be turned around by a change in our educational system. Respect for others is not seen as important to a lot of young people these days. Contempt for others and the law seems to be the creed of a large number of our young and that is the failure of the people to pass along the important lessons of living. Our school government officials and the American Education Association is responsible for a lot of mistaken ideas called self expression that allow some to run wild. The ATF should be the AT & I for alcohol, tobacco and idiots. The idiots being those that abuse Constitutional rights, both citizen and official. Many terrible things have been done under the guise of Law Enforcement. There has been horrible violence against citizenry that could have been handled without confrontation or violence. Such actions by government officials that are supposed to protect and defend are inexcusable. These actions are intended to instill fear in the populace to help further restrict our rights. All of the restrictions on type, size, capacity and anything else concerning firearms are unconstitutional for a citizen. Violent criminals are not citizens and should not be considered such once convicted. They should not have the rights that they are contemptuous of. Shall not be infringed doesn't mean except for this or that. Lawmakers that go against the 2nd amendment are also contemptuous of our rights and We the People are the real government and not these self promoting officials that look for ways to restrict our rights. I'm elderly and never thought that I might be forced to fulfill my oath to "protect and defend" but I'm sharpening my Bowie 'cause I see the gathering enemies and they are domestic! Just an old disabled Veteran!
    There are many that agree and there are some that believe that restrictions and regulations brought to us by compromise are necessary.

I invite you to read the thread here on this site titled "Unabridged 2nd Amendment"..

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/firea...amendment.html
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

In the second amendment it clearly states militia which is the community and right which is clearly individual and keep and bear which is clearly individual. This description is so clear that the individual be allowed state of the art weapons so that if threatened, the individual may protect themselves and banding together, the community/militia, when threatened may protect the free state. Decisions from the Supreme Court in the past support this, yet we must be vigilant against legislation from the bench by liberal justices that would restrict our right knowing they go against the Constitution. Legislators that try to go against the Constitution or dismantle it are traitors because they take an oath to preserve it.