Traveling Man's Gun Arrest Appealed to Supreme Court

Thread: Traveling Man's Gun Arrest Appealed to Supreme Court

Traveling Man's Gun Arrest Appealed to Supreme Court

This is very interesting and I have heard of this happening before. This is what scares me the most about traveling with a firearm.

Traveling Man's Gun Arrest Appealed to Supreme Court - FoxNews.com
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol,
    Personal Protection In The Home
    MA State Police Certified Instructor

This is why I will never go to NJ,NY etc... If I had to travel and wanted my firearm with me I would mail it to my final destination. States such as NJ,NY,CA etc should be cut off from the rest of the states so their sickniss does not spread.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

New Jersey is a totalitarian state. Avoid it at all costs. Their laws provide no protection for the individual. If you have a gun and you are in that state, they will find a way to charge you. I wish it were different, but it's not.

And NJ wonders why the good people are leaving that state.

Cool Come on down south!

I feel sorry for all of you in the northern US. Seems like a different country up there. Come on down south where not much will be said about your weapons. Most of us have them and we have no problems with the law unless one goes out and makes a complete horse's rear end of himself. For all the restrictions on gun ownership in the north, there seems to be more crime than in states which are less restrictive. I have seen the phrase "An armed society is a polite society." posted on here many times. Maybe there is something to that and a lesson to be learned by our northern breatheren. Anyway, please remember, the South will rise again!

Please don't paint the north with such a wide brush. There is an irony in that the states that are tough like N.J., N.Y., Mass. are restrictive to the point of insanity. On the other hand, Pa.,Vt, N.H. make it much easier to obtain a license to carry that most southern states. We all know Vt. does not even require a permit to carry a firearm. In Pa., where there is over 600,000 permit holders that enjoy no expensive training requrements and enjoy the luxary of being able to carry their firearms in bars, people's houses, churches, private property without fear of breaking statuatory law. In the easier northern states, open carry is not unlawful like it is in many southern states. Maine, Conn., and Indiana are included in the less restrictive northern states. Pa. and Indiana are in the top three states for percentage of population with carry permits.
    We that said, I still wish I could live in the south.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by c45man View Post
    Please don't paint the north with such a wide brush. There is an irony in that the states that are tough like N.J., N.Y., Mass. are restrictive to the point of insanity. On the other hand, Pa.,Vt, N.H. make it much easier to obtain a license to carry that most southern states. We all know Vt. does not even require a permit to carry a firearm. In Pa., where there is over 600,000 permit holders that enjoy no expensive training requrements and enjoy the luxary of being able to carry their firearms in bars, people's houses, churches, private property without fear of breaking statuatory law. In the easier northern states, open carry is not unlawful like it is in many southern states. Maine, Conn., and Indiana are included in the less restrictive northern states. Pa. and Indiana are in the top three states for percentage of population with carry permits.
    We that said, I still wish I could live in the south.
    Didn't mean to make such a wide swath. Apparently there are some places up north with a little sanity. If it were any easier to get a license where I live, they would just mail it to me (well, not really quite that easy). I have never encountered any problems down here with getting a license. I was 19 when I got my first one but it helped to know the sheriff or have a good friend who knew him! Alabama is an open carry state but I seldom see anyone carrying that way. If you ever did come to the south to live, you would never want to go north again!