Boxer to Introduce Common-Sense Concealed Firearms Act of 2011 - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxer to Introduce Common-Sense Concealed Firearms Act of 2011

1. What a joke she is. The people's republic of CA needs to get her out already. I cannot stand this woman.
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

Common Sense?? How about Common Sense approach to improving our economy and encouraging businesses to employ people again. How about common sense in controlling our national spending and our national debt.

As long as we have an unemployment rate approaching 10% and hundreds of thousands of people losing their homes, Blow Hard Boxer's proposed legislation regarding carrying of firearms will not make to first base, even in the democratic controlled Senate. I would be master of the obvious to speculate on the no chance of advancement of this bill in the House.

70 Million gun owners and a good estimate of 10 million carry permit holders in this country would make any politico pause in considering the passage of this very constrictive and controlling legislation.

4. I believe in the United States
    I believe in the 2nd Amendment
    I have a nine year old daughter and am sickened a little girl just like her was killed by a senseless punk that wicked moment in Tucson AZ. Any new gun control measures and or restrictions, are only going to stir up the black market and if guns get hard to obtain it could open this great nation to drug runners and jihadists. Sure, Jared Loughner should pay the price for doing what he did. But think about it. Even a fool can tell you that it was the goon (Jared), NOT the Glock 19, resposible for the tragedy.
    Last edited by waycool67; 01-22-2011 at 06:07 PM. Reason: skipped words

5. The two words that scare me the most is "good cause". Who determines that?

This has no chance of passing with a Republican controlled house. More kneejerk blather from the left after the shooting.

Her aim is to do away with Alaska, Vermont and Arizona's Constitutional carry laws.

i used to live in stockton california and when i tried (many years ago) to get a concealed weapon permit i was told that self-defence was not a good reason. the deputy chief also stated that the police did not want stockton to become an 'armed camp'. stockton is usually in the top ten nationally in crime. now if we can just get the criminals to obey the gun laws everything will be beautiful. an inability to get a permit did play into my decision years later. it is too bad the people keep relecting boxer and jerry brown. as cold as this may sound anybody who does not educate themself on who or what they vote for or does not vote has no right to complain at all. when i look at all the work people on this site do to get the word out and it is ignored thats disheartening, but the last election was a morale booster and a good start. even though boxer has been relected there are many fence-riders in congress that need to hear from us. as i have said before i am informed and i vote. thanks for letting us know about comrade boxer.

Angry

She has been directly involved with what is wrong with California gun laws. Don’t buy into her “Good Cause” scheme. Here in California good cause is not defined, but is a matter of law (its very definition open to interpretation by the CLEO’s in each city or county). Some counties Sherriff’s recognize the right to self-defense as “good cause” (and they usually end up on her hit list as well as the Brady Bunch). It should also be noted that the gun grabber has (or at least had) a CCW, but she will not speak openly on this matter.

Additionally, Local LEA's should not be involved in any CCW issuance. Here in California, it has created at least 58 (each county) different policy’s on who can & can't get one.

I may not be able to prove this, but it certainly has given the appearance of Police Corruption... In LA County (one of the hardest of the 58 to get a CCW) politically motivated supporters for reelections (i.e. campaign contributors) and actors have been issued permits where in the same area business owners who have been robbed at gun point can't get one…

If a state does not recognize Constitutional Carry, then it should be a state agency, not a local agency that issues the permits. This way all citizens are treated the same, regardless of where in the state you live! Better yet, federalize the CCW permit process (so that everyone enjoys the equal protection clause of the 14th) and once you have one, it is good in any State or US Territory!

One needs only to look at Arizona’s CCW system that was in place before they became a Constitutional Carry state. According to my instructor, their system is 100% self-sufficient, whereby the permit holders fund the state level department that issues permits (i.e. it created jobs). Tax payers are not burdened with the overhead of this government agency. The department was started in 1992 and it was in the black before the first year had elapsed.

9. How the Heck can anyone print the name of Barbara Boxer, and the words common sense in the same paragraph??? It just ain't gonna happen that she has, uses, recognizes or acknowledges anything to do with common sense.

I nominate her for silhouette target of the year!

Quote Originally Posted by waycool67 View Post
    I believe in the United States
    I believe in the 2nd Amendment
    I have a nine year old daughter and am sickened a little girl just like her was killed by a senseless punk that wicked moment in Tucson AZ. Any new gun control measures and or restrictions, are only going to stir up the black market and if guns get hard to obtain it could open this great nation to drug runners and jihadists. Sure, Jared Loughner should pay the price for doing what he did. But think about it. Even a fool can tell you that it was the goon (Jared), NOT the Glock 19, resposible for the tragedy.
    Those on the left still blame Sarah Palin for what longhner did. Would you like to see some comments from the left about the shooting?

The citizens in the other 49 states are not waiting in line to listen to a california political hack. Here is a state that went from having the 7th strongest economy in the world to being bankrupt. No credibility with their leadership on any level. Forty states have shall issue legislation. Any of the senators from those 40 that would support pathetic boxer would be looking for another job at the point in time where they have to run for reelection.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast