Boxer to Introduce Common-Sense Concealed Firearms Act of 2011 - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxer to Introduce Common-Sense Concealed Firearms Act of 2011

1. "Meaningful consultation" with the Police ? Yeah, that's the way things were set up in the New York carry permit system.

The theory was that the police would "know who was not fit", even if they had a clean record.

The practice was different. About a dozen of the mobsters arrested at the Appalacia "Crime Convention" were permit holders. Could it be that the police were so naive they thought these hoods were good citizens? I wonder how much money was involved in the issuance of these mobster permits.

I like the way Florida has set up the permit system. Qualifications are spelled out clearly, the applicant proves that he has fulfilled them, and the permit is issued by a non-police state authority.

Makes one wonder about the intellect of kalifornicators who reelect this POS.

-Doc

I lived in the People's Republic of Kalifornia for many years. Anytime you hear the words "Common sense" in the same sentence as "Barbara Boxer" you know you've landed in an alternate universe. Beware!

Quote Originally Posted by LongPurple View Post

I like the way Florida has set up the permit system. Qualifications are spelled out clearly, the applicant proves that he has fulfilled them, and the permit is issued by a non-police state authority.
    Other than the cost, I agree with you. I view the cost as the same as a poll tax. Poor folks who might need it can't get it without spending around $200. Florida's system is self supporting though.

Boxer needs dumped but her and her anti-gun pals have setup the districts so that they have safe jobs.

6. Folks, what this is, in my view, is her attempt to use the tragedy in Tuscon to eliminate the 'shall issue' concealed permit systems that have been adopted by most of the states.

Note that she wants to mandate that you 'show cause' and have a 'consultation' with law enforcement prior to being approved. As it stands under 'shall issue', the government has to show why they will NOT issue a permit. It's just another ploy to make it harder for the honest citizen to exercise their innate right to self defense (something which Senator Boxer doesn't believe in to begin with).

Barbara Boxer

A left-wing lib like Boxer must have been salivating at the opportunity to spread her constitution-be-damned cancerous political philosophy nationwide when she heard about Tuscon.

It's one thing if she's representing her fellow nut-job constituents but I can assure her that here in PA the vast majority of us want absolutely nothing to do with any federal legislation that she may have in mind.

Well, if there is an up side to Ms. Boxers bill it would be that then all states would have to honor your permit across state lines. I bet she hasn't even thought of this.

9. Californians keep reelecting Barbara Boxer so I guess they are happy with her ideas. However, tell her that the Tenth Amendment says keep your nose out of States Rights.

10. Boxer's Bill

Has Sen. Boxer heard of the second amendment. Being a law abiding American citizen is all of the cause I should need to carry a gun.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Stiofan View Post
    This has no chance of passing with a Republican controlled house.........
    Don't be surprised if this bill or some control legislation does pass. There are always those spinless creatures in D.C. who are willing to vote for a bill and let the Supreme Court sort it out. Hopefully, cooler heads will prevail.

This kind of talk is good for gun sales and it sure don't help the cost of ammo.
    Everytime I go into Cabela's and talk to the guys behind the counter they tell me that demand has been steady for the past two years.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast