Canada's Confiscation Laws - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Canada's Confiscation Laws

PS: To last post, I at one time hunted in Canada, will no longer spend my money anywhere I am not allowed to protect myself.

Membership or not, bought a gun or didn't, online gun guy or not...if you think the Government doesn't have all the information they need on you if they wanted to rattle your cage, you're mistaken. You just have to get out of line enough that it becomes worth their while to pursue it.

As for the NRA, you can say or think what you want about them. I have my issues with them, too, but I'm still a Life Member. Just consider this: If it weren't for the NRA and the mission they've been on since LONG before some of these other groups came along . . . and I'm a Life Member of the GOA and the CCRKBA as well . . . we'd all be hunting with pointy sticks and Concealed Carry for Personal Protection would be a fantasy!

Give credit where credit is due, and support them that have supported YOU, probably since long before it became important to you.

One Man's opinion...
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

4. Thumbs up Support thr NRA

The ONLY way we will prevent laws that limit our 2nd amendment rights is to assure lawmakers that if those laws are passed, they will be voted out of office. No single organization has the political skills of the NRA. Yes, they are less-than-perfect, but over the years the NRA has done its job. I STRONGLY support the NRA.
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it.
    -William Burroughs

Well my opinion of the NRA or another club that puts out videos like this or always use scare tactics to get you to send them money is just like our elected officials in office money hungry whores who will do what ever it is that will bring them the most money. To me the NRA is more concerned with collecting money from members then defending the 2nd amendment. For if they prevail and we no longer have to worry about our 2nd amendment being taken away then they are out of a job. I don't know of too many people willing to lose their job if they have a way of keeping it. The amount of prisons that the USA has is a shame. Due to them not putting an end to the problem but accepting the money the problem creates. The best example is Speeding laws. The states could solve this problem but they would have to be willing to loss all the money they make from issuing speeding tickets and to date none of them are willing to lose the funds they receive from speeding tickets.
    Last edited by Kasper; 01-24-2011 at 07:00 PM. Reason: spelling

I belong to the NRA and Grassroots. That doesn't mean that I like everything about the NRA, it just means it's better than nothing. Over the years they have done a lot. Also their hated in Washington, I like that.

Cool Nra?

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    Well my opinion of the NRA or another club that puts out videos like this or always use scare tactics to get you to send them money is just like our elected officials in office money hungry whores who will do what ever it is that will bring them the most money. To me the NRA is more concerned with collecting money from members then defending the 2nd amendment. For if they prevail and we no longer have to worry about our 2nd amendment being taken away then they are out of a job. I don't know of too many people willing to lose their job if they have a way of keeping it. The amount of prisons that the USA has is a shame. Due to them not putting an end to the problem but accepting the money the problem creates. The best example is Speeding laws. The states could solve this problem but they would have to be willing to loss all the money they make from issuing speeding tickets and to date none of them are willing to lose the funds they receive from speeding tickets.
    Kasper: Just for curosity's sake, are you a member of the NRA? From the tone of your comments, I would assume that you are not. The NRA does not always do or say things that I may be in complete agreement with but at least it does stand up for gun owners rights under the 2d Amendment. This is an ongoing battle with the government and I don't think NRA workers will ever become unnecessary and/or work themselves out of a job. If the organization ever folds, we will be in deep kimchee because no other organization has the power or does what NRA does. It takes money to run an organization like that and I am willing to do what I can to support it. It is worth it to me to be able to keep my guns. I can shoot a hell of a lot farther with a gun than I can throw a rock to protect myself and family! Your analogy with speeding laws went right over my head but I'll try to figure that one out later. Anyway, all this being said, I will continue to support the NRA and will encourage others to do so. Strength in numbers!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    If this video is a scare tactic by the NRA, I hope they produce many more of them. This is not a joke.
    The NRA has made similar videos about England and Australia. I would like to see them make videos about Jamaica, Ireland, New Zealand, and South Africa as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Kasper: Just for curosity's sake, are you a member of the NRA? From the tone of your comments, I would assume that you are not. The NRA does not always do or say things that I may be in complete agreement with but at least it does stand up for gun owners rights under the 2d Amendment. This is an ongoing battle with the government and I don't think NRA workers will ever become unnecessary and/or work themselves out of a job. If the organization ever folds, we will be in deep kimchee because no other organization has the power or does what NRA does. It takes money to run an organization like that and I am willing to do what I can to support it. It is worth it to me to be able to keep my guns. I can shoot a hell of a lot farther with a gun than I can throw a rock to protect myself and family! Your analogy with speeding laws went right over my head but I'll try to figure that one out later. Anyway, all this being said, I will continue to support the NRA and will encourage others to do so. Strength in numbers!
    Then let me repeat it but use gun laws instead. How does the NRA get politicians to go along with their objection to a new bill that will harm the 2nd amendment. They pay them with part of the money members send them. So as I see it the NRA is not fighting to maintain our 2nd amendment rights but fighting to keep them where they are at so they can stay in business. For we all agree that none of us should have to pay for a license to carry an arm for protection but most of us do to remain law abiding citizens. I did join the NRA but never rejoined after they decided that they were going to compromise on our 2nd amendment rights. As the NRA decided that we would be better off with only part of our 2nd amendment rights then none at all. After that I knew that the NRA did not comprehend what the 2nd amendment was saying when it says shall not be infringed. So just like fining people $25,000 for speeding and making it to expensive for most of us to chance speeding the government keeps it under $300 so that more of us will take the chance due to it not being too expensive to pay off the ticket if caught speeding. The same can be said for the NRA position of compromising on the 2nd amendment by compromising the NRA is leaving room for the government to take away some of our rights. So now like our elected leaders they have been in Washington DC to long and have gotten use to being paid for their services / votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    Then let me repeat it but use gun laws instead. How does the NRA get politicians to go along with their objection to a new bill that will harm the 2nd amendment. They pay them with part of the money members send them. So as I see it the NRA is not fighting to maintain our 2nd amendment rights but fighting to keep them where they are at so they can stay in business.
    Are you suggesting that our politicians are accepting bribes / payoffs? Do you have proof? If you do, I'd like to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by weekendskp View Post
    Are you suggesting that our politicians are accepting bribes / payoffs? Do you have proof? If you do, I'd like to see it.
    Proof no, but all the S*$t that happened on wall street and the amount of people sent to jail for breaking laws does not add up in my book. But having politicians on corporate payrolls does not seem like a problem to most of the Americans. Laws passed now are in the favor of who is paying the elected officials the most money and will give them a job when they get voted out of office. The money they get from tax payers is just not enough for them to keep their thoughts on representing the people who voted them into office. Most companies now have more rights then American citizens. Black water is one that has now changed its name but has more rights then any of us. Black water had full auto weapons that most of us are not allowed to buy or own.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast