HR 308 / Ban for mags over 10rds - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HR 308 / Ban for mags over 10rds

If the 10 round magazine law becomes reality, and then someone with a bit of training has a similar shooting spree with them, the proverbial knife will be cranked in the back further and more politically charged restrictions will be attempted. These folks on the left will gladly have guns banned if they have the opportunity to do so.

I don't think it is so much about magazine capacity, but that Loughner was untrained and basically a bad shot. I realize the media will never agree with me on this. I'm not trying to offend here by saying that, given the damage that was done. I could just see a trained person with a 33 round magazine wounding, if not killing 33 people, maybe more, given the 9mm FMJ's he was shooting at point blank range, let alone a quick and practiced magazine change, which the state run media/Democrats believe is a difficult thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Itstjs View Post
    Goes to show some of these people just fell off the turnip truck huh? I could do the same ammount of damage with a 10 round mag as I can with a 15 round mag, just means I need a couple more mags, and a little more ammo. Sheesh, Some politicians are so F***in stupid.
    Some company must be overstocked with 10 round magazines, and must be the lobboist that wants this. After all isn't that how it worked with other forms of gun control

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    And I'll just go ahead and purchace some of those magazines that she doesn't want me to have.
    Exactly what I did last week. Got most of them already. The 33rd will be shipped shortly!

Although I own (not telling how many) hi-capicity mags for several weapons, my basic carry is Colt combat commander 7+1 and two spare mags (just in case), I practice, am NRA and I VOTE.

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by amddude View Post
    Sen. McCarthy introduced a ban with essentially no exceptions to ban mags over 10 rounds.

Read The Bill: H.R. 308 - GovTrack.us

It's basically DOA with the republican congress but it's good to remember that elections have consequences and we should always be vigilant.
    That is why I do my homework BEFORE going to the ballot box.

Mcarthyism?

Hopefully it's not a term to be resurrected

This is not hardly concealed, but carrying.

Reloading

Has anyone sent Sen Mac some video of Jerry Miculek reloading his wheel gun? He's fast with six singles!. Just leave well enough alone. Bill clinton never proved anything when he restricted things before.

Had a couple more people been carrying that day in Tucson, the nutcase might have been dead. It would have validated the need for more guns while saving tax payers 100's of thousands of dollars for a trial as well as food & storage fees.

it's an A typical Democratic rhetoric attempt and will be shot down in commitie.....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

10. politics

Not one law has ever prevented a crime....
    If someone is going commit a violent crime, they already know about the consequences to their actions. Why aren't they talking about leftist liberal who tried to stab the governor of Missouri and ended up stabbing someone else by accident. They will always use a tragedy to exploit political gain. It doesn't matter if they are democrat or republican. Student Tries to Slash Throat of Democratic... | Gather

Sen. McCarthy is using a tragic event to promote her anti-gun agenda. Like most of them, they wait for any type of gun violence so they could immediately jump on their shoe box. They are looking for small victories like "ban high cap mags" until they are able to chip away with the entire 2nd Amd.

Don't forget, she was the one who sued the parent company of Winchester and ended up forcing them to pull the "Black Talon" ammunition.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast