HR 308 / Ban for mags over 10rds - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HR 308 / Ban for mags over 10rds

1. Quote Originally Posted by OldOwl View Post
    Let me make one thing PERFECTLY CLEAR here and now. With a Republican House and possibly Senate in 2012 if Mitt Romney is elected, the assault weapons ban will become PERMANENT and everyone will be running ten rounds. Ya'll are pissed at Obama for health care and gun laws? ROMNEY already DID those things to assachusetts years ago. I charge everyone with the responsibility of passing this on the moment Romney announces his intentions which could be any day now. And don't take my word for it. Look up the facts. I'm ashamed of myself for being sucked into his rhetoric when he first became governor and I supported him.
    Thank you Old Owl, I was afraid that no one remembered what he did to Massachusetts when he was Governor. Nice post.

3. Folks, I agree that these bills Should Be DOA. However, I have seen some strange things happen in politics. Dont take it for granted. Contact your Congressmen in both the House and Senate and ask them to vote No on these bills.

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    Exactly what I did last week. Got most of them already. The 33rd will be shipped shortly!
    Now that's the spirit.

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
    Thank you Old Owl, I was afraid that no one remembered what he did to Massachusetts when he was Governor. Nice post.
    Yea, I am not a Romney fan at all. Just because he is registered a Republican, does not mean he is friendly to gun rights.

Quote Originally Posted by OldOwl View Post
    Let me make one thing PERFECTLY CLEAR here and now. With a Republican House and possibly Senate in 2012 if Mitt Romney is elected, the assault weapons ban will become PERMANENT and everyone will be running ten rounds. Ya'll are pissed at Obama for health care and gun laws? ROMNEY already DID those things to assachusetts years ago. I charge everyone with the responsibility of passing this on the moment Romney announces his intentions which could be any day now. And don't take my word for it. Look up the facts. I'm ashamed of myself for being sucked into his rhetoric when he first became governor and I supported him.
    I do not want Republican controlled government, nor do I want a Democratic controlled government. I want a Conservative controlled government.

However I must ask why do you think the assault weapons ban will become permanent with a Republican controlled congress and white house?

I just sent my Congressional Representative an email expressing my views on HR308, and I encourage you to do the same. The Web Site GovTrack makes it easy for you to contact your State's Senators and Representatives.

Members of Congress & U.S. Congressional District Maps - GovTrack.us

One point that some are missing IS: Possession/ ownership of ALL magazines over 10 rounds will be banned. NO GRANDFATHERING. Legally we would have to destroy all our mags over 10 rounds. Arkansas Senator Mark Pryor pointed this out to me.

NOTE: IT WOULD BE A FEDERAL FELONY TO POSSESS ANY MAGAZINE OVER 10 ROUNDS or any that could be converted to more than 10 rounds.

Pause and think about that.

Looks like I may become a criminal so I can carry everywhere>

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    Looks like I may become a criminal so I can carry everywhere>
    You'll have plenty of company. Think of how many .22LR semi auto rifles have tubular mags that hold more than 10 that they excluded. Even my Kimber 1911ARF holds 16 .22 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway View Post
    One point that some are missing IS: Possession/ ownership of ALL magazines over 10 rounds will be banned. NO GRANDFATHERING. Legally we would have to destroy all our mags over 10 rounds. Arkansas Senator Mark Pryor pointed this out to me.

NOTE: IT WOULD BE A FEDERAL FELONY TO POSSESS ANY MAGAZINE OVER 10 ROUNDS or any that could be converted to more than 10 rounds.

Pause and think about that.
    Better reread it. Those are excluded.
    ‘(ii) Clause (i) shall not apply to the possession of a large capacity ammunition feeding device otherwise lawfully possessed within the United States on or before the date of the enactment of this subsection.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast