HR 308 / Ban for mags over 10rds - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: HR 308 / Ban for mags over 10rds

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway View Post
    One point that some are missing IS: Possession/ ownership of ALL magazines over 10 rounds will be banned. NO GRANDFATHERING. Legally we would have to destroy all our mags over 10 rounds. Arkansas Senator Mark Pryor pointed this out to me.

NOTE: IT WOULD BE A FEDERAL FELONY TO POSSESS ANY MAGAZINE OVER 10 ROUNDS or any that could be converted to more than 10 rounds.

Pause and think about that.
    Might want to make a note mags will be destroyed and remember what has happend down under crime has gone up first step to NAZI Germany, once you take the step toward disarming America, you take the step toward being sheep for the slaughter an armed man is a citizen an unarmed man is a subject, take time and read what everyone of the founding fathers said, take time and review what every country that took control of firearms did to their countrymen, write your Senators and Congressmen while at it file on Bloomberg for violation of already existing gun laws.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    Better reread it. Those are excluded.
    I attended the NRA/ILA event at Cabelas in Dundee, Mi. yesterday, & one of the speakers did confirm that existing mags would be grandfathered in. Would have to come up with a way to document these were purchased pre-ban. ( if it even happens. )

Quote Originally Posted by missoak View Post
    I attended the NRA/ILA event at Cabelas in Dundee, Mi. yesterday, & one of the speakers did confirm that existing mags would be grandfathered in. Would have to come up with a way to document these were purchased pre-ban. ( if it even happens. )
    Yes, but the wording is such that the burden of proof would be on YOU. Mags don't have serial numbers like guns, you could not possibly proof without a doubt that mag X is the one listed on the receipt Y and none other. The devil's in the details.

Better reread it. Those are excluded.
    How would you prove they were purchased before the ban?

Quote Originally Posted by bigrebnc1861 View Post
    How would you prove they were purchased before the ban?
    Post ASWB start were marked M&LE. New units sold would have to be marked in some way. Ones at stores would have to be scrapped or sold only to military or Law Enforcement.

Exclamation This is not meant to be a flame.

Post ASWB start were marked M&LE.
    Can we lose the alphabet soup and just say what you mean? I am starting to feel like I am at a United Nations meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Can we lose the alphabet soup and just say what you mean? I am starting to feel like I am at a United Nations meeting.
    Sorry, it comes with who I've had to deal with all of my life.
    Military & Law Enforcement Only. Although you can get those that way now so they would need some other markings to replace them. I'd say "Gun Grab Law of 2011" if they got it thru.

It certainly appears that Senator Pryor was mistaken in his written communication with me.
    It seems as though there is a grandfather clause?

Read The Bill: H.R. 308 - GovTrack.us is the only source I can find to document the entire HR308 text.

Masad Ayoob, LEO, gun writer, court expert = yesterday's newsletter Ayoob explained that the mags are NOT grandfathered. Guess he's wrong too?

http://backwoodshome.com/blogs/Massa...assad+Ayoob%29

Quote Originally Posted by ricardo900 View Post
    Sen. McCarthy is using a tragic event

Don't forget, she was the one who sued the parent company of Winchester and ended up forcing them to pull the "Black Talon" ammunition.
    Which just goes to prove that black is bad. (Ranger T for LEO is a copper colored Black Talon)

Senator Paul Rand's (KY) newsletter just came in. Sorry no way to link it.

Sen. Rand states:
    "Secretary of State Hillary Clinton recently announced the Obama Administration will be working hand-in-glove with the UN to pass a new "Small Arms Treaty."

Disguised as an "International Arms Control Treaty" to fight against "terrorism," "insurgency" and "international crime syndicates," the UN's Small Arms Treaty is in fact a massive, GLOBAL gun control scheme.

I'm helping lead the fight to defeat this radical treaty in the United States Senate and I want your help.

Please join me by taking a public stand against this outright assault on our national sovereignty by signing the Official Firearms Sovereignty Survey.

Help Rand Paul Defeat the UN Small Arms Treaty! - National Association for Gun Rights

Ultimately, the UN's Small Arms Treaty is designed to register, ban and CONFISCATE firearms owned by private citizens like YOU...."

and significantly more.

They are trying to slip it through early this week.
    Magazine Ban Sneaking in Now = http://www.nationalgunrights.org/

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast