HR 308 / Ban for mags over 10rds - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: HR 308 / Ban for mags over 10rds

Just in 10 minutes ago

Patriot Act might be voted on Tuesday 8 Feb.

"The Patriot Act is scheduled to sunset in a matter of weeks but the statists in D.C. plan to reauthorize it as soon as tomorrow without any debate.

You see, they're taking advantage of a parliamentary trick known as the Suspension Calendar which allows votes with no hearings and no debate but is only supposed to be used for "non-controversial" legislation.

However, this move requires 2/3rds of the House which puts our victory firmly within grasp."

handgonnetoter Guest
    Banning things, as far as a society is concerned, never seems to work that well. This might just be another step toward stupidity, by a government that seems to put one foot in front of the other.

Attention Missouri residents in 1st Congressional District: Your representative is William Clay, one of the cosponsors. Use the Rep. William Clay [D-MO1] - GovTrack.us Web site to contact that lithocephalic. Perhaps you could persuade him through the use of statistics that crimes against the person decrease where conceal carry is in practice. Crime riddled St. Louis could really use some help in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway View Post
    It certainly appears that Senator Pryor was mistaken in his written communication with me.
    It seems as though there is a grandfather clause?

Read The Bill: H.R. 308 - GovTrack.us is the only source I can find to document the entire HR308 text.

Masad Ayoob, LEO, gun writer, court expert = yesterday's newsletter Ayoob explained that the mags are NOT grandfathered. Guess he's wrong too?

Massad Ayoob Blog Archive
    Y'all can be "good subjects" if you want to, and turn your's in, I'm keeping my mags if this BS passes into law. They can come take them one bullet at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by uscg4good View Post
    63 co-sponsors, ALL Democrats....go figure
    Now it's up to eighty co-sponsors, and still not a single Republican in the bunch.
    "The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms'. If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed'." -- Ken Konecki on Usenet, on 27 Jul 1992

Angry

OH yeah let's try this again as it worked so well last time deterring crime.... "IT'S THE CRIMINALS STUPID!"
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    OH yeah let's try this again as it worked so well last time deterring crime.... "IT'S THE CRIMINALS STUPID!"
    Ah, the myth of utopia...

JSDinTexas Guest

Good Investment?

I won't tell you I bought 6 - 3 of .40 and 3 of .45 the day after AZ

I recently got an email from a watch group that says the NO grandfather clause is still pending. Please contact your representatives if you care.

pshaw, to hell with that bill. If it sees the light of day that would just cause even more tea party momentum. But seriously, these liberals need to take a look at the UK and how miserable the crime is over there. And guess what, it's still perpetrated with guns.

Disarm the average citizen, embolden the average criminal, not to mention create a new profitable black market with its own violence.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345