Obama to now push more gun control
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obama to now push more gun control

Obama to now push more gun control

Gun-Control Effort Coming Soon From White House - Newsweek

Obama intentionally did not mention gun control in his State of the Union, but aides say that in the next two weeks the administration will unveil a campaign to get Congress to toughen existing laws.

3. Democratic thinking:

"Let's see...in 2009, we passed a health care bill that angered the grassroots in this country (by showing them what we really think about their opinions) and wound up costing us the House and our filibuster proof majority of the Senate in 2010...fast forward to 2011, let's pass some gun control so that we can anger the grassroots (some more) in this country and cost ourselves the White House, more of our House seats, and the Senate in 2012..."

Apparently, they are a party that just can't handle prosperity.
    "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"

Political Suicide, havent any of these Politicians seen what pushing for Gun control laws do to themselves and people of their party? Id love to see them do it, and like Joespahr says, its going to cost them seats, and the White House.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

the best way to say it is gun-control means people-control. so therefore 'only out of my cold dead fingers'. and if i may say it to the gun-grabbers WHAT PART OF 'SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED' dont you understand?

ATF study (for ban) on Imported Shotguns released 1-26-11

I searched, if this was posted I didn't see it, sorry if it was already

Those deadly bayonet lugs, flashlights, lasers and picatinny rails on shotguns are a major crime problem, aren't they?

If Jared in Tucson hadn't had a .... wait ... nevermind.

Sheesh what next?
    ATF study (for ban) on Imported Shotguns released 1-26-11
    http://www.atf.gov/publications/fire...n-shotguns.pdf
    They chart "Hunting Statutes by State" to justify limiting capacity
    Totally ignoring home defense in hurricane aftermaths and riots and 5 home invaders/intruders.

A Mounting rail, like a Picatinny rail, mounted on top of a barrel is "sporting" but mounted to the side or under the barrel for flashlight/accessories is "non-sporting" how wack is that?

How wack is it to be forced to use a goose gun for home defense in the first place?

Wouldn't a home defense shotgun without a flashlight be more dangerous to family?
    It's about control, not about safety.

And, it isn't just about handguns with bazillion capacity clips anymore.

Guess the autoloader will make me a criminal. But which is more dangerous? An autoloader or a pump shotgun that can slam fire?

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    Guess the autoloader will make me a criminal. But which is more dangerous? An autoloader or a pump shotgun that can slam fire?
    Slick runnin' pump that slams is faster than a semi auto.
    I LOVE Winchester '97s :)

Though, using one like that can be a little hard on it...
    Taurus PT92
    17+1 9mm

9. Patience all. After the next election the Senate will belong to Americans again and they will prove that O whats his name isn't a natural born american and everything passed by this imposter will be thrown out.

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyjames49 View Post
    Patience all. After the next election the Senate will belong to Americans again and they will prove that O whats his name isn't a natural born american and everything passed by this imposter will be thrown out.
    Well, I agree with you in your line of thinking, but I doubt that will ever happen. That would probably start some kind of race riot or something and they know it. I do believe he is going down in 2012 though. Lord please be.

Quote Originally Posted by Stiofan View Post
    Gun-Control Effort Coming Soon From White House - Newsweek

Obama intentionally did not mention gun control in his State of the Union, but aides say that in the next two weeks the administration will unveil a campaign to get Congress to toughen existing laws.
    Obama has LONG been anti gun, but has not addressed the issue when he had the Congresscritters in his lap, during the last Congress.

What makes him think that he can push anything through now? Unless he wants to send up a trial baloon to see what affect, if any, the Arizona incident has had on Congress. (It CAN be noted that Obama doesn't seem to give two hoots about what the people think.)

Since the House is firmly in Conservative hands... I don't think Obama has much chance of sneaking anything through. Not even the "mag limitation" tidbit.

Just my humble opinion and analysis, of course.

Having said that, do keep a close eye on any attempts to get the US into any antigun treaty through the UN. Only the Senate has to vote on that. COULD be a good "back door" move. (Chicago politics never change.)

If ya can't get your way fairly, cheat, back door, create a convienient "crisis", whatever it takes.... isn't the Lib/Prog motto; "The ends justifies the means!"?

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast