Natl Park carry WILL be revised!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Natl Park carry WILL be revised!!!

hmm.. well yeah just gotta hope it is a step in the right direction...
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Yeah

I had that feeling too. He really made no commitment on what the revision would be, so it sounded more like a promise to review whether changes were necessary. Still it is movement. Now if only the politicians will stay on them so they understand that it should be changed to reflect the strongest possible permission.
    Reality, DEAL with IT!

4. Yes I noticed the tone of the letter seemed like, Yes I will definatley take this matter under advisement and then hand it to my trusted flunky who will then get right on it.

Yeah RIGHT! I bet it sits safely on a desk until the deadline and then is refered to yet another committee who will need to conduct an estensive feasbility study and etc,...

I think we are getting jerked around. No one has the balls to say no but neither do they want to say yes. They would like to agree with both sides until the votes are counted and even then prefer to sweep it under the table. I hope the GOA and NRA keep the pressure on them to resolve this prior to the summer.
    ["Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
    - Ben Franklin
    FONT]

Keep us posted...
    When I retire I am going to move up North and drive slow!!

I agree that there should be nationwide reciprocity, but I don't think you can use the Drivers License Compact as an accurate illustration, because the Non-Resident Violators Compact... to my knowledge... was an agreement between states. I don't think the Feds had anything to do with it... but its been a few years since I had first hand knowledge, so I may be in error.

according to... :
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Driver_License_Compact

The only hand the Feds had in it was passing law that allowed states to enter into agreements with each other.

I know wiki isn't Gospel, but its pretty good.
    **DumbAss Alert**: Global Warming is a SCAM, brought to you by a few activist scientists and a consensus of Politicians who you should know better than to trust.

"You have no idea how desperate you will be not to be ‘over'... You think you do, but you can't possibly know... until you're there..." ~ (paraphrased) Wm Shatner as "Denny Crane, Boston Legal"

"To disarm the people is the best way to enslave them..."~George Mason

This is a big step in the right direction...can't wait to see what the DC vs Heller case brings about.
    [B]Μολών Λαβέ

كافر , and proud of it

re: national park concealed carry

Hi folks,

New guy here. I can shed some light on this issue for everyone. The Virginia Citizens Defense League http://www.vcdl.org has been developing this for the past 4 years. The Petition For Rule Making that was originally submitted to the Interior Department by the VCDL (along with the second, most recently submitted petition), and which ultimately got the NRA involved, is quite simple. The goal has been to assimilate state concealed carry laws into Interior Department / Park Service regulations 36CFR 2.4. If you can carry legally in the state you're currently in (including reciprocity) you can carry concealed legally across the street in the national park. Gettysburg and the George Washington Parkway outside D.C. in VA are perfect examples of why this regulation should be implemented. And of course the fact that since there's only one park ranger per 125,000 acres. There will most likely be no provision for open carry. Because it is a highly controvercial issue the VCDL had not included the topic in discussions. Most likely the NRA won't either. This is basically a states rights, concealed carry, right to self-defense issue. I think if the gun hater propaganda machine doesn't get too out of control (read some of the media reports in the NRA ILA News section) and we get as many folks responding during the public comment period we have a good chance of finally getting this pushed through. Hope that helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12