Natl Park carry WILL be revised!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Natl Park carry WILL be revised!!!

1. Smile Natl Park carry WILL be revised!!!

"Germans who wish to use firearms should join the SS or the SA - ordinary citizens don't need guns, as their having guns doesn't serve the State." -- Heinrich Himmler

great news! can't wait until the new policy is finalized.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

I hope it is in our favor.

Quote Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
    I hope it is in our favor.
    Sounds like it might be....so long as you live in a state where carry in a park is legal. The jist that I'm reading is that they'll offer a loose change to the regulation to match the public lands clauses that many states have in their approved places of carry. I think the Federal goverment needs to align their FEDERAL lands with the Bill of Rights. We'll let the State goverment regulate their STATE lands in accordance with each STATE'S Constitution. I don't think their reply is satisfactory enough to me.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

Lets us hope this a step in the right direction. We will see.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I hope the 50 Senators oversee the drafting of the regulation. Also National carry would go along with this perfectly!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

8. I do not support national carry at all, it takes away states rights and gives more power to the federal govt. What would you think if national carry was the same process that Massachusetts's uses to issue permits? Bet you wouldn't like it then, and thats exactly what would happen if say the ATF took over carry permits for the whole country.

From what I have read on the proposal it continues to allow the states to set their own criteria for issuing permits. It only requires all states to accept other states permits. Just like drivers license are now. I have a permit SC SC and I have a drivers license from SC. As an American citizen I can drive anywhere in the US with my SC license, as an American Citizen I can only carry in states that accept my state. Does it make sense not being able to carry in a gun free zone, do we become instantly dangerous. No we don't. Same way with states, just because I don't meet their requirements does that make me more dangerous? I'm tired of having to bypass Gun Free States. If I can carry responsibly here I can carry responsibly anywhere! It just makes sense! The gov had to step in and make it legal for on duty, off duty and Retired LEO to carry anywhere legal in the US. Did this step on States rights? I don't think so!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Cool Carry in one, carry in all!

I agree, RedHat. This selective respect for state-issued CCW permits, is not only a pain, but looks really childish when you think about it.
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    First Family Member, Front Sight

It just seemed like alot of words to me.You know,like when they don't want to answer your question or concern,but they know you won't leave them alone untill they do.I don't want to leave it up to the states.I want to leave it up to me.Neither the states,nor the federal gov'ment will rescue me if I need them.And I don't like the idea of being anvictim.I say let us all carry all the time,everywhere.If poaching is a crime,them poachers are criminals.Criminals,by definition,are people who commit crimes.Breaking the law is commiting a crime.Therefore,poachers will poach regardless of the law.These people need to pull their heads out of their asses.
    Give everybody guns.
    Natural selection will cull out the idiots.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast