New Mexico Rep. Zach Cook, R-Ruidoso is trying!

Thread: New Mexico Rep. Zach Cook, R-Ruidoso is trying!

Thumbs up New Mexico Rep. Zach Cook, R-Ruidoso is trying!

KRQE TV

Katie Kim

Updated: Jan 24, 2011 7:01 PM

A bill to broaden the state's conceal-carry law to allow permitted weapons into public schools, colleges and universities, buses, liquor establishments and state parks will be introduced in the Legislature, its Republican sponsor said Monday.

Rep. Zach Cook, R-Ruidoso, said he will introduce the bill adding that the state’s current law contradicts the U.S. constitution.

He said his proposal is a “common-sense” bill that would allow “responsible, law-abiding” citizen to exercise their right to carry." His bill would also allow permit-holders to carry more than one concealed weapon.

“This is not a law designed for criminals,” Cook said. “It is a law, like I said, for law-abiding citizens, and I think it increases security when there are people responsible who know how to use a gun in case the worst-case scenario happens.”
    Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

Excellent, a smart rep, about time the state officials realize they only hurt honest law abiding citizens when they stop carry. Wish the feds would wake up. Gun free zones are fish in the barrel zones for the criminal. Once again folks criminal means outside the law, they do not care, so you are an easy target.

Talking

I've emailed him and thanked him for the work he is doing
    A good friend will sit next to you in jail and say damn we had fun

Hello Aussie!
    I'm pretty confident that if this legislation reaches the Governor's desk, she will sign it. I'm anxious to see how this plays out!
    Colts and Kimbers are what you show your friends...
    GLOCKS are what you show your enemies!

Southwest Shooting Authority

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Edsworld View Post
    KRQE TV

Katie Kim

Updated: Jan 24, 2011 7:01 PM

A bill to broaden the state's conceal-carry law to allow permitted weapons into public schools, colleges and universities, buses, liquor establishments and state parks will be introduced in the Legislature, its Republican sponsor said Monday.

Rep. Zach Cook, R-Ruidoso, said he will introduce the bill adding that the state’s current law contradicts the U.S. constitution.

He said his proposal is a “common-sense” bill that would allow “responsible, law-abiding” citizen to exercise their right to carry." His bill would also allow permit-holders to carry more than one concealed weapon.

“This is not a law designed for criminals,” Cook said. “It is a law, like I said, for law-abiding citizens, and I think it increases security when there are people responsible who know how to use a gun in case the worst-case scenario happens.”
    Two thumbs way up for that guy! Now, if they could just get Indiana to introduce some laws like that.

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    Excellent, a smart rep, about time the state officials realize they only hurt honest law abiding citizens when they stop carry. Wish the feds would wake up. Gun free zones are fish in the barrel zones for the criminal. Once again folks criminal means outside the law, they do not care, so you are an easy target.
    +1. Also, you have to stop and think about how a loving parent would lay it on the line to protect their child. I'm not saying that a police officer would not do their duty, but I would run thru the fires of hell to protect my kids.