Shut down Internet - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shut down Internet

Quote Originally Posted by weekendskp View Post
    What are you smokin', MelloYellow? The government has already suspended other amendments. What makes you think that Mao Bama won't do to the 1st, what G.W.Bush did to the 4th?

Since reading the entire 321 pages of the USA PATRIOT Act would take too long, read the summary on Wikipedia USA PATRIOT Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
    If they legalized it, I might smoke something - Just kidding.

From my vantage, the last 20 years has been a continual erosion and elimination of our rights. Where were the real Republicans when the Hughes Amendment was added in the Firearms Owners Protection Act, North American Free Trade Agreement, the Assault Weapons Ban, and like you said the Patriot Act. It seems every election choice decided wanted to extend all these Laws once they got in office.

Egyptians gave the President Emergency Powers, which the President extended for 20 years. There are a lot of Egyptians throwing rocks at the government and their army.

Unarmed people are servants, Armed people are Citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by melloyello View Post
    If they legalized it, I might smoke something - Just kidding.

From my vantage, the last 20 years has been a continual erosion and elimination of our rights. Where were the real Republicans when the Hughes Amendment was added in the Firearms Owners Protection Act, North American Free Trade Agreement, the Assault Weapons Ban, and like you said the Patriot Act. It seems every election choice decided wanted to extend all these Laws once they got in office.

Egyptians gave the President Emergency Powers, which the President extended for 20 years. There are a lot of Egyptians throwing rocks at the government and their army.

Unarmed people are servants, Armed people are Citizens.
    I was attending a 9/12 meeting last week. One of the speakers was a Legal Counsel to GW's administration. I asked her WHY, If MaoBama took the Oath of Office, how could he NOT enforce all Laws of the US. Her answer; He has executive Power to operate as he sees fit. The Lines of Impeachment are extremely gray in a lot of areas as in Immigration. He's not fully enforcing what areas he doesn't like or want. He is enforcing what he does. It's not that he is aiding and abetting illegal activity, he is just choosing not to fully enforce the Law. Although I fully believe he is not defending the Constitution as sworn to do.

I hope this makes some sense.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by nevadaneal View Post
    Haven't seen this discussed here yet, if it has already sorry, but here is the proposal:

FoxNews.com - Senate Bill Would Give President Emergency Control of Internet
    Uh yeah.
    Ive gone paperless. I pay ALL my bills online, including my credit cards.
    Shut down the web and I cant pay my cards online on time and my credit is ruined for two years minimum.
    I dont think Im going to take that lying down. Sounds like a class action lawsuit just waiting to happen to me.

Here we have the leader of the free world praising the Egyptian people for standing up agains a dictator. But over hear he is running around trying to silence and discredit any oposition to his policies, with the willing help of the major media I might add. Got'a love it.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Thumbs down Keep the "change"

Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    Here we have the leader of the free world praising the Egyptian people for standing up agains a dictator. But over hear he is running around trying to silence and discredit any oposition to his policies, with the willing help of the major media I might add. Got'a love it.
    All this "change" is making me dizzy.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Is that tinkling sound loose change or the sound of glasses being broken in anger at the WH?

An internet kill switch is something needed by a dictator not an elected official.
    Due to the increased cost of Ammunition I will be forced to discontinue warning shots as of now! USAF Chief Master Sergeant, Retired, 1979-2005

Thumbs up Don't shut down the internet, shut down the U.N. instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief1297 View Post
    An internet kill switch is something needed by a dictator not an elected official.
    Hey now, can we make a U.N. kill switch to shut down the U.N. as needed?

Hey now, can we make a U.N. kill switch to shut down the U.N. as needed?
    I'd rather pull and smash the fuses. No need to ever put them back.

hmmm...I wonder why I have to suffer too when I did not even vote for the Bambamo.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast