Shut down Internet
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shut down Internet

Angry Shut down Internet

Haven't seen this discussed here yet, if it has already sorry, but here is the proposal:

FoxNews.com - Senate Bill Would Give President Emergency Control of Internet

3. I understand the desire for it, and can even see a possible need, but I'm not a fan of it. We need to come up with a better mechanism than "just because the President says so". It just gives the President too much power. We're supposed to be a country that has the President in more of a "guiding" position, rather than "ruling". We're leaning too far towards the President as a de facto King.

You all don't Get It !!!

There are Social Commies in the wire !!

Personally, I dislike much of the contemporary communication mediums, like texting. However, the ability to communicate is the sign of a free society, so I view it as a good thing.

The whole premise of reinstating "The Fairness doctrine" to shut down or restrict talk radio is false because when the doctrine was originally in force in 1949, electrical communication was basically limited to radio, which had less bandwidth, compared to today, where there is planety of room for everybody now, without having to limit certain voices.

If the Senate were to enact emergency control of things like the Mexican border and our national debt, then I would be slightly more inclined to be open to these other potential control issues.

Combined with suspending Habeas Corpus. You all don't see the writing on the Wall???

According to Article One of the Constitution, the right to a writ of habeas corpus can only be suspended "in cases of rebellion or invasion the public safety."

Gee O BomMao won't try to enact due to "in cases of rebellion or invasion the public safety."

Getting really scary....................Let me add that to have that much power in any one man without checks and balances could lead to abuse of power and "Fundamentally changing America". You decide!
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

When the net gets shutdown, be prepared for the worse. Next up would be cell phone services. You would likely hear by gov't broadcast that the Constitution has also been suspended. And then there would be alot of knocks on doors.

You can not blame them for wanting to do that. Just think what is happening in Egypt is not as bad as it would be here for we have firearms to fight back with instead of rocks. So seeing that they want to give the president that power makes me think that our economy is about to hit hard times. Hard enough to make people gather and protest against the government. With all the jobs being lost it won't take long. Boeing will be laying off lots of their employees if they don't get the tanker contract and the Air Force gives it to A foreign owned company that received aid from its government.

I say best start getting prepared for the trouble headed this way.

The "kill the internet switch" was removed from the bill in 2010. But be worried about this:
    Section 706 of the Communications Act of 1934 (d) Upon proclamation by the President that there exists a state or threat of war involving the United States, the President, if he deems it necessary in the interest of the national security and defense, may, during a period ending not later than six months after the termination of such state or threat of war and not later than such earlier date as the Congress by concurrent resolution may designate,

(1) suspend or amend the rules and regulations applicable to any or all facilities or stations for wire communication within the jurisdiction of the United States as prescribed by the Commission,

(2) cause the closing of any facility or station for wire communication and the removal therefrom of its apparatus and equipment, or

(3) authorize the use or control of any such facility or station and its apparatus and equipment by any department of the Government under such regulations as he may prescribe, upon just compensation to the owners

Think about it, were the net and your cell phones to suddenly become unusable, what would you do.... Me I would just go up the the Ham shack and get on the radio......
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    The "kill the internet switch" was removed from the bill in 2010. But be worried about this:
    It is not going away that easily - as of a week ago

Internet 'kill switch' bill will return | Privacy Inc. - CNET News

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast