Magazine Ban, Gun Show Ban and Even a Gun Ownership Ban
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magazine Ban, Gun Show Ban and Even a Gun Ownership Ban

Magazine Ban, Gun Show Ban and Even a Gun Ownership Ban

Since the Tucson tragedy, anti-gun Senator Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ) has been hovering like a vulture, waiting to pick the bones of the victims for political advantage.

Now he has his chance.

The same Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) reauthorization which provided a vote on the repeal of ObamaCare may well be the vehicle for a series of gun control proposals.

Right now, no one knows which amendments will be offered. Democratic leaders like Senator Richard Durbin (D-IL) are threatening to offer anti-gun amendments, and pro-gun Senators like Tom Coburn (R-OK) are considering amendments to protect gun rights.

Now, it's entirely possible that senators from both sides will simply retreat to their own corners. In fact, GOA's sources inside the Senate indicate that gun amendments to the FAA bill are unlikely at this point, but there's no way can we count on that -- and risk being caught unprepared.

There are three amendments which Lautenberg and Representative Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY) have been nursing since Tucson.

The first would limit semi-automatic magazines to 10 rounds, in a reprise of the Clinton ban.

The second would effectively shut down all gun shows. It would do this by sending any gun show promoter to prison for up to two years if a SINGLE attendee were not informed of his Brady Law obligations. No one would dare sponsor a gun show under these circumstances.

The third anti-gun amendment would allow the Obama administration to seize guns from anyone they choose to place on a "watch list." Millions and millions of pro-gun supporters could find their names on an ObamaList with no due process -- and no way to get their names removed. Please note that this administration has already advised law enforcement to treat supporters of the Constitution and gun rights as possible domestic terrorists!

ACTION: Contact your two senators. Ask them to support any pro-gun amendments, and definitely insist they vote against the Lautenberg/Durbin amendments to ban semi-automatic magazines, shut down gun shows, and create a "no guns list" of Second Amendment activists. You can click on the Gun Owners Legislative Action Center to send your senators a pre-written message.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

Quote Originally Posted by lukem View Post
    Since the Tucson tragedy, anti-gun Senator Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ) has been hovering like a vulture, waiting to pick the bones of the victims for political advantage. . . The third anti-gun amendment would allow the Obama administration to seize guns from anyone they choose to place on a "watch list." Millions and millions of pro-gun supporters could find their names on an ObamaList with no due process -- and no way to get their names removed. Please note that this administration has already advised law enforcement to treat supporters of the Constitution and gun rights as possible domestic terrorists!
    Emphasis added to "no due process" is mine. I've just been researching the Patriot Act. It's probably old news to most of you, but really alarming, none the less. Judge Andrew Napolitano has given speeches discussing the Patriot Act, and the abuses of the 4th amendment. The FBI can "sneak and peak". The FBI can break into your home, make it look like a break-in/vandalism, and not tell you or provide you a warrant for 120 day. The FBI can search your bank records, phone records, Internet Service Provider records with a hand-written warrant that never is approved by a Judge, and anyone that is served with that hand-written warrant will serve 5 years in Federal lock-up if they even tell their Priest that they received a warrant.

Ask your Senators or Congressional representative if they've read the Patriot Act. It was posted on the Congressional Intranet 15 minutes before the vote. Only those three people that read it, voted no. I encourage you to watch any of his videos.

YouTube - Judge Napolitano: Why The Patriot Act is Unconstitutional.

Kind of hard for a dictator to control the people if they are armed.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

handgonnetoter Guest
    The one time I wanted to smack my party in the face, when they went for that Patriot Act! They pretty it all up by calling it "Patriot" - like its something that a real American should be for. Disgusting! Lautenberg? Isn't that moron about a hundred years old by now?

You See!!

Now people wonder how can a person born & raised as a democrat in NYC end up being a registered Republican in the Great State of Pennsylvania! It's called GROWING UP!!!!

Oh by the way, I guess I fit the so-called "Domestic Terrorist" list since I support the constitution and sure the hell not giving up my GUNS!!

”Laws that forbid the carrying of arms… disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson (quoting Cesare Beccaria)

Someone needs to wake up our leaders.

We need leaders to wake up first.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    We need leaders to wake up first.
    In my opinion, the only way that our leaders are going to wake up is when something big happens. I know, it sounds like I'm some kind of conspiracy guy, but I'm not. I just feel that the only way this kind of leadership change will happen is when either a natural or man made disaster happens where as the toilet gets flushed and these turds get washed down the toilet. When everyones butt is on the line, then the idiots have to move so that people with conviction can take over to make the decisions that need to be made to save everyones bacon. Kinda like shaking the fruit tree to make the too ripe fruit fall off. Only time will tell.

There are appox. 9,000,000 households in the US that have guns. These are just the legal guns. Imagine if we could have a 9 million man march at the capital. We could shut down DC. and all the roads leading to it for days.
    The blacks had a 1 million man march. Just imagine.........ANYONE?

Quote Originally Posted by missoak View Post
    The blacks had a 1 million man march. Just imagine.........ANYONE?
    Yeah, except there weren't actually a million of them, the number was a lot lower IIRC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast