Gun's seized - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gun's seized

Government confiscation of private property, plain and simple. NO PC other then some Junkies words. Something way more to this story then just "strange and erratic behavior". Also why did brother John consent to searches?
    Have a old shipmate that lives in the area. Have to send a link and ask if he knows anything more.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    Government confiscation of private property, plain and simple. NO PC other then some Junkies words. Something way more to this story then just "strange and erratic behavior". Also why did brother John consent to searches?
    Have a old shipmate that lives in the area. Have to send a link and ask if he knows anything more.
    How many people being good citizens have said no to an officer searching their vehicle? or giving them a pat down?

"Strange and erratic behavior" means so many different things to different people, especially depending on the point they are trying to get across. Regrettably, it is easy for the media to emotionally charge these issues. I fear that they will find a way to charge him. There was a similar post here recently about an individual in Massachusetts, who was ordered for "evaluation" with no charges filed, after it was discovered that he had a large amount of firearms and nonlethal weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by bigrebnc1861 View Post
    How many people being good citizens have said no to an officer searching their vehicle? or giving them a pat down?
    I have replied back with a no when asked if they could search my car. I for one would like to know what it is they would be searching for besides something they can use to arrest me and impound my car.
    As an American you have the right to say no to their request and they have the option to get a search warrant to make you comply with their request for a search of your property.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    I have replied back with a no when asked if they could search my car. I for one would like to know what it is they would be searching for besides something they can use to arrest me and impound my car.
    As an American you have the right to say no to their request and they have the option to get a search warrant to make you comply with their request for a search of your property.
    I'm not saying all citizens will comply with the request but most do thinking that have nothing to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    "Strange and erratic behavior" means so many different things to different people, especially depending on the point they are trying to get across. Regrettably, it is easy for the media to emotionally charge these issues. I fear that they will find a way to charge him. There was a similar post here recently about an individual in Massachusetts, who was ordered for "evaluation" with no charges filed, after it was discovered that he had a large amount of firearms and nonlethal weapons.
    Could you provide the link for that story? I missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by bigrebnc1861 View Post
    I'm not saying all citizens will comply with the request but most do thinking that have nothing to hide.
    And we can see how well that works for criminals who believe that if they say yes and let the officer search their car the officer will think that oh they are letting me search their car so they must not have anything to hide. I have yet to see an episode of Cops where that has happened. It usually ends up with them in the back of the patrol car. I can't remember where it was but an officers pulled a lady over and asked to search her car she said yes and ended up being arrested for having her medication in a pill case that did not list the info required. there are a bunch of weird an out dated laws still in the books that can be enforced if you comply and let them search your car.

Although I do get your point, For I once use to think like that till I learned that thinking that way was asking for trouble that could have been avoided.

For example, Flask said, Henry went to a Walmart between 9 and 10 p.m. and hung around the store until between 1 and 2 a.m. before buying the guns and ammunition.

That is not strange behavior, sometimes it takes that long to get service in the sporting goods section.

Strange behavior would be if he hung around in the bra and pantie section.

Leaving guns in plane sight in an unlocked cars isn't strange behavior, just stupid. And being semi-inteligent is not a requierment for owning guns, just watch the headlines and see who got shot last night or any night.

Quote Originally Posted by Skywarrior View Post
    For example, Flask said, Henry went to a Walmart between 9 and 10 p.m. and hung around the store until between 1 and 2 a.m. before buying the guns and ammunition.

That is not strange behavior, sometimes it takes that long to get service in the sporting goods section.

Strange behavior would be if he hung around in the bra and pantie section.

Leaving guns in plane sight in an unlocked cars isn't strange behavior, just stupid. And being semi-inteligent is not a requierment for owning guns, just watch the headlines and see who got shot last night or any night.
    Something is not quit right about what his friend said about john henry going to wal mart.
    How many wal mart's do you know of that sales guns and or ammo after 10:00pm?

11. Quote Originally Posted by bigrebnc1861 View Post
    There is no reason to let the cops search your car or home without a warrant - none. People who think they have nothing to hide are idiots.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast