Gun's seized - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gun's seized

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    I have replied back with a no when asked if they could search my car. I for one would like to know what it is they would be searching for besides something they can use to arrest me and impound my car.
    As an American you have the right to say no to their request and they have the option to get a search warrant to make you comply with their request for a search of your property.
    Never had to do that but it is SOP, and if they insist then ask for your lawyer and the watch commander to be present before he intrudes, and should he still refuse 911 the state police imediately.....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Have never been ask if the car could be searched. My answer would however be NO.

Quote Originally Posted by bigrebnc1861 View Post
    Could you provide the link for that story? I missed it.
    I believe this was the Thread here:
    USA Carry > Location Specific Forums > Massachusetts Discussion and Firearm News > It's getting crazy
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBear71 View Post
    Erratic behavior seems pretty flimsy to me to get a judge to issue a search warrant.
    Read a little closer Oh' DannyBear. They didn't need a search warrant because poor John Henry, twixt gave his consent.
    With Henry's consent, police later searched for and confiscated 80 guns and 874 boxes of ammunition.
    On Friday, again with Henry's permission, police searched a farmand . . . confiscated 150 more guns and 1,314 additional boxes of ammunition, according to a second report
    He needs to have his head examined, forgoing his 4th amendment rights like that!
    "The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms'. If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed'." -- Ken Konecki on Usenet, on 27 Jul 1992

Quote Originally Posted by Trolljegeren View Post
    There is no reason to let the cops search your car or home without a warrant - none. People who think they have nothing to hide are idiots.
    I think you hit it on the head...............They have nothing to hide, they're idiots!
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

My question is how many guns may an honest U.S. Citizen own, I have yet to see a number. I do not care if the guy gave permission and has 1,000 guns unless they have a reason to suspect this man for some federal gun violation or crime they have no reason to hold his weapons.

handgonnetoter Guest
    I don't know about that one. It sounds like there is something that we are not hearing about that made this happen.

Exclamation Did you check that picture?

Yeah, seeing the care and respect that they showed the expensive personal property of a PRIEST makes me really think twice before even considering turning over a firearm to LEO custody.

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    I have replied back with a no when asked if they could search my car. I for one would like to know what it is they would be searching for besides something they can use to arrest me and impound my car.
    As an American you have the right to say no to their request and they have the option to get a search warrant to make you comply with their request for a search of your property.
    I have too, even told a LEO to get his ********** hand out of my pocket when he tried to illegally perform a Terry search on me once. The look on his face was priceless.

I had an epiphany some months ago, I use to wonder why the derogatory statement of "pig" was used to describe LEOs, then it hit me.

They are always rooting for some morsel to arrest you on.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

11. As a retired police officer I find it interesting the the article reffered to uses surrendered and seized interchangably.

They also seem to have released a lot of information on a subject who submitted to a mental evaluation.

Furthermore, they seem to have presented a lot of evidence seemingly of a crime but they have no charges.

My "first glance" indicates a lot of political correctness regardless of law. At the very least, there seems to possibly be some legal rights violations under "color of law."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast