Stop Kennedy-McCain Gun Control in 2008! AND BEYOND! - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop Kennedy-McCain Gun Control in 2008! AND BEYOND!

Head in the sand alert....
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

What's a gun owner to do? If we stay home this year, a gun grabber will get elected to the White House. If we go to the polls, a gun grabber will still be elected. I suppose our best chance bet is to elect a pro gun Congress, although with the current political climate, things don't look too good for Republicans this year. I already know that no matter who the Republican is, I definitely won't vote for Hillary Clinton; in addition to her outspoken opposition to gun rights, she wants to require every American to have health insurance of some kind; in other words, anyone who chooses not to have insurance would, under her plan, be breaking the law. As unpalatable as Obama would be, at least his plan has no such mandate. Neither Democrat would be a good choice, but if I had to pick my poison, it would be Obama (who, ironically, is the most liberal member of the Senate, but at least he's not Hillary Clinton), but just barely.

As for the Republicans, the only candidate who truly respects the Constitution and personal liberty is Ron Paul. It is truly unfortunate that he has not done better in any of the primaries and caucuses because he is someone who freedom lovers, whether they are gun owners or not, could really get behind. Mitt Romney is a liar and a flip flopper; he claims to have been endorsed by the NRA despite his support for banning assault weapons. That leaves us with John McCain. As unpalatable as he is in some areas (ie., free speech/campaign financing, gun rights, and taxes), he, unlike any of the Democrats, at least he is honest and is willing to do whatever is necessary to protect the United States from another terrorist attack, no matter how politically unpopular it may be. Furthermore, he, unlike all the other candidates, both Democrat and Republican (perhaps with the exception of Ron Paul), says what he feels about the issues, and not necessarily what people want to hear.

Here's how to get ahold of your Reps, and Senators

go to http://www.nraila.org find the contact you congress man tab and spend a couple of hours letting them know they can and will be replace in the next election if they don't toe the line. Point fingers...name names...and bring their voting record to light and then watch them twist and squirm. (rant Off)
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Quote Originally Posted by The Gunny View Post
    Yep it is starting to get down right scary around here. What I wonder is if that will make any difference to those gun owners who are Democrats?

I think this must illustrate to even the most ardent Democrat that no one who is a candidate from that party is going to support their 2nd ammendment rights. That should be a no brainer I know but there are plenty who consider that not to be the case. Here we have proof that the ones who have the political capital to spend in the Democrats party are spending it on gun control measures. Oh sure they have been quiet about it for a decade or so but now that they feel they have momentum on their side they will start to bring out all their old issues again now that they feel it is safe to do so. I truely think Obama not Clinton is going to be a party nominee. Then we are going to be facing a HUGE ***** sandwhich and if he wins we are all going to have to take a bite.

I don't think we have any real good choice in the up coming elections however, I think that in the likely event of McCain winning the party nomination he would be the lesser of 2 evils. I would like to see someone like Huck win but as it now sits that is highly unlikey.
    The lesser of 2 evils will probably be what we will have to choose from for the time being. Ron Paul, whose pro gun (and pro-Constitution for that matter) was the best choice most gun owners had. Most of you are probably wondering who Ron Paul is, I suggest you Google the name and read up on his voting record for the past almost 30 years. The mainstream media gave him minimal coverage and not many older adults research via the internet apparently. You will be surprised at the guy's record though. As for my state (MA) I do my part and try to vote Kennedy out (any politician THAT eager to take away firearms doesn't deserve ANY measure of trust ). :suspicious:
    Owning a gun and considering yourself armed is like owning a piano and considering yourself a musician.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    tin foil hat alert...
    It's obvious that you get all of your worldly experience via Fox News. It's time to wake up and smell the coffee, or do you REALLY believe that your government is here to help you. I too have been in the military (Marine Corps '85-'89) and felt much the way you do. However, by paying attention to current events, I see the laws that are being passed as well as the ridiculous executive orders that are being put on the books and have to question, why would they ask for the power if they have no intention of using it? This is the same government who denied the existence of a NAFTA superhighway plan and now they are preparing to take property through eminent domain in order to build it. The subject of a North American Union is openly mentioned in the mainstream media (CNN most recently). Take a look around, it's unmistakable. Oh and by the way, Ron Paul is one of the FEW people in the establishment who is actually concerned for YOU and YOUR rights. Take some time off from Fox News to actually educate yourself about a subject before you spout off about it. Remember the old saying Opinions are like ..............everyone's got one and they all stink.
    Owning a gun and considering yourself armed is like owning a piano and considering yourself a musician.

For all those misguided conspiracy theorists, 911 was an inside job; new world order spin believers such as hk4u...

and gullible supporters of Ron Paul...

He sold us out on the second amendment... and so many others...

Ron Paul Voted NO on prohibiting product misuse lawsuits on gun manufacturers. (Oct 2005)
    Ron Paul Voted NO on prohibiting suing gunmakers & sellers for gun misuse. (Apr 2003)
    Ron Paul Voted NO on decreasing gun waiting period from 3 days to 1. (Jun 1999)

In other words your hero Ron Paul believes that gun manufacturers and sellers should be liable for crimes committed by guns they sold or manufactured...

Your favorite bigoted truther conspirator, isolationist, separatist and new world order spinner...

is also known as the King of Pork Spending...

he had nearly a half billion in pork spending ear marks in the first quarter of 2007 alone...

Where is this info found? C N Fricking N... and elsewhere
    http://i.cnn.net/cnn/interactive/all...tx.14.paul.pdf

for those whom seem to think that I would be so narrow minded to only watch Fox News, even though they are the only station that is remotely fair and balanced...

I even watch the "new world order" spinners favorite news station...
    "Out There TV"
    http://www.outtheretv.com/

Just so I can be objective when someone try's to claim that I do not look at all sides of an issue or research things before I spout off about them as it has been said by some misguided youngster herein...

PAGING RON PAUL SUPPORTERS: Please cite the Article, Section, and clause of the Constitution that gives Congress express authority to fund the marketing of wild American shrimp.

Hypocritical and un-compassionate Ron Paul also voted against aid to hurricane Katrina victims and the defenseless in Darfur facing genocide...
    and Ron Paul whom says he wants to use our troops to guard our southern borders voted against allowing them to do that very thing...
    http://www.darfurscores.org/ron-paul

Ron Paul in his own words...
    http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/5/15/124912/740

Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America against Ron Paul:
    http://www.iava.org/temp-f-team

Conspiracy nut job Ron Paul
    http://freedomeden.blogspot.com/2007...-ron-paul.html

Why Ron Paul is disqualified...
    http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=56177

Invictus Maneo

well as far as 9 11 goes. there is no way it happened like the media tells us it did. I don't believe it was pulled off by some guys in caves thousands of miles away. I don't believe that buildings that tall will fall in such perfect manors unless it was a demolition. as far as the "pancake theory", what a crock. if the floors were falling onto each other, that would create resistance therefore slowing the rate of them falling. one building fell just barely slower than the law of falling bodies which is how fast something could possible fall at that height. the other building fell faster than possible. no one sees that? and they say that fire made the steel weak from melting then they buckled. jet fuel mixed with precice amounts of oxygen can burn breifly at around 1500 degrees F. it takes 2700 degrees F to melt steel. further more, the thick black smoke from the buildings is an indication that the fires were burning inefficiently. these are simply facts, not theories, and the facts tell a different story than what has been told to us time after time by the media. so, create a problem, let the people react to it, then come up with a solution so people will willingly give up their liberties to feel like they are better protected... sound impossible? leaders have been using this for a long time to gain control. at least for myself, the laws of physics hold more water than a bunch of talking heads trying to tell me something completely different.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    well as far as 9 11 goes. there is no way it happened like the media tells us it did. I don't believe it was pulled off by some guys in caves thousands of miles away. I don't believe that buildings that tall will fall in such perfect manors unless it was a demolition. as far as the "pancake theory", what a crock. if the floors were falling onto each other, that would create resistance therefore slowing the rate of them falling. one building fell just barely slower than the law of falling bodies which is how fast something could possible fall at that height. the other building fell faster than possible. no one sees that? and they say that fire made the steel weak from melting then they buckled. jet fuel mixed with precice amounts of oxygen can burn breifly at around 1500 degrees F. it takes 2700 degrees F to melt steel. further more, the thick black smoke from the buildings is an indication that the fires were burning inefficiently. these are simply facts, not theories, and the facts tell a different story than what has been told to us time after time by the media. so, create a problem, let the people react to it, then come up with a solution so people will willingly give up their liberties to feel like they are better protected... sound impossible? leaders have been using this for a long time to gain control. at least for myself, the laws of physics hold more water than a bunch of talking heads trying to tell me something completely different.
    Do not be naive and buy into Rosie O'Donnell's theory that for the first time in history fire melted steel and violated the laws of physics ...

And I unequivocally dispute any "new world order" mythology that try's to claim that our President or government intentionally killed 1000's of Americans and staged 911 to expedite some hidden agenda ...

I am sorry, in my opinion, you can not read anymore into 911 and the world trade centers, then the facts support...

Planes hit two of the main buildings, debris from tower 1 and 2 started fires in adjacent buildings; further that because of the unprecedented rescue effort underway; were allowed to burn unchecked for hours after they were evacuated...

Being a college graduate myself, and somebody whose course studies included physics et. al. ...

Ever hear of metal fatigue?

Additionally, I have seen first hand what happens to steel and everything around it when a plane carrying jet fuel impacts a particular entity...

I have seen steel, concrete and asphalt all turn to slag from the impact of much smaller jets and helicopters then hit the world trade center...

Additionally, being a resident of Las Vegas, I have seen more then the average joe has of professional building implosions...

Again I ask; Ever hear of metal fatigue?

You do not have to melt steel for it fail doing the job it was intended to do...

Did you know that every building with steel supports is sprayed with a fire retardant, that can resist temperatures of less then 1500/1600 degrees for roughly 20 minutes before the metal becomes fatigued?

You do realize that the impact alone of an airplane without a doubt would knock a great deal of the fire retardant loose?

Did you watch the history channel where engineers, architect's and
    metallurgists, including the ones whom built the world trade center to begin with; explained why each of the buildings came down they way they did ?
    It is supported by the facts ...

Or how about the videos of many of the terrorists from over a year before; making movies and describing planes flying into the towers?

How about this ?

February 1998 on former President Bill “Slick-Willie” Clinton’s watch…
    Usama Bin Ladin, exiled from his own country and Ayman Al Zawahiri, another criminal; arranged from their Afghanistan headquarters for an Arabic newspaper in London to publish his declaration of war on America; Bin Ladin in this declaration translated and published world wide by the associated press, et. al., called for the murder of any American anywhere on earth and as the individual duty for every Muslim who can do it in any country in which it is possible to do it.

Three months later when interviewed in Afghanistan by ABC-TV, Bin Ladin enlarged on these themes. He claimed it was more important for Muslims to kill Americans then to kill other infidels. It is far better for anyone to kill a single American soldier then to squander his efforts on other activities, he said. When asked whether he approved of terrorism and of attacks on civilians, he replied: We believe that the worst thieves in the world today and the worst terrorists are the Americans. Nothing could stop you except perhaps retaliation in kind. We do not have to differentiate between military or civilian. As far as we are concerned, they are all targets…

You might also take some time to peruse the Middle East Media Research Institute TV Monitor Project:
    http://www.memritv.org/
    http://www.memritv.org/subject/en/97.htm

Lastly, the core difference between us and the Islamofascists that want to annihilate us is that we value LIFE above all else; while they value DEATH above all else...
    There is no ignoring or negotiation with Islamofascists...

I would like to return to reality again from all this "new world order" spin and 911 conspiracy theory mythology and focus on the hear and now and the topic of this particular thread; doing something about gun grabbing and amnesty loving John McCain and Ted Kennedy...

If you have forgotten, please actually re-read the original post in this thread...
    Last edited by Bohemian; 02-26-2008 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    So what you're saying is that the videos we see of the planes crashing into each building were just figments of our collective imaginations? If those plane crashes did not cause the fire and resulting building collapses, then what did?

The real world

Quote Originally Posted by rjnsn View Post
    It's obvious that you get all of your worldly experience via Fox News. It's time to wake up and smell the coffee, or do you REALLY believe that your government is here to help you. I too have been in the military (Marine Corps '85-'89) and felt much the way you do. However, by paying attention to current events, I see the laws that are being passed as well as the ridiculous executive orders that are being put on the books and have to question, why would they ask for the power if they have no intention of using it? This is the same government who denied the existence of a NAFTA superhighway plan and now they are preparing to take property through eminent domain in order to build it. The subject of a North American Union is openly mentioned in the mainstream media (CNN most recently). Take a look around, it's unmistakable. Oh and by the way, Ron Paul is one of the FEW people in the establishment who is actually concerned for YOU and YOUR rights. Take some time off from Fox News to actually educate yourself about a subject before you spout off about it. Remember the old saying Opinions are like ..............everyone's got one and they all stink.

+1. Absolutely.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast