Stop Kennedy-McCain Gun Control in 2008! AND BEYOND!
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop Kennedy-McCain Gun Control in 2008! AND BEYOND!

Thumbs up Stop Kennedy-McCain Gun Control in 2008! AND BEYOND!

In 1974, Senator Edward Kennedy (D-Mass.) said that the “manufacture and sale of handguns should be terminated. Existing handguns should be acquired by the states.” Since then, Kennedy has been the most anti-handgun member of the Senate, having introduced legislation to ban handguns, register handguns, license handgun owners, ban ammunition, authorize the Consumer Products Safety Commission to prohibit the manufacture of firearms and ammunition, and impose waiting periods on handgun purchases.

on February 7 this year, ten days after endorsing another handgun ban supporter--Senator Barack Obama (D-Ill.)--for president, Kennedy renewed his efforts to ban handguns by introducing S. 2605, a bill that seeks to ban the manufacture, importation, and transfer (sale, etc.) of any semi-automatic pistol that does not possess “a microscopic array of characters that identify the make, model, and serial number of the pistol . . . etched into the breech face and firing pin of the pistol,” and stamp both sets of characters into the cartridge case of a round of ammunition, when the round is fired. On the same day, Representative Xavier Becerra (D-Calif.) introduced an identical bill, H.R. 5266, called the “National Crime Gun Identification Act.”

The Kennedy-Becerra bill is much more severe than the micro-stamping handgun ban passed in California last year. Where the California ban applies only to models of semi-automatic pistols that are produced after January 1, 2010, the Kennedy-Becerra bill would apply to all models of semi-automatic pistols.

Micro-stamping has repeatedly failed in scientific tests. Micro-stampings are easily removed. And most gun crimes cannot be solved by micro-stamping, or do not require micro-stamping to be solved. Additionally, most criminals who use guns get them through unregulated channels, thus micro-stamping may increase gun thefts, home invasions and other burglaries, and expand the black market in guns. Moreover, most guns do not automatically eject fired cartridge cases, only a small percentage of guns will be micro-stamped, and most violent crimes are committed without guns. Finally, micro-stamping would waste money—money that is better spent on traditional crime-fighting and crime-solving efforts.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s110-2605

McCain has a LONG history of joining gun-grabbing Kennedy, Reid, Pelosi and others on amnesty and gun control...

http://gunowners.org/pres08/mccain.htm

http://www.gunowners.org/mccaintb.htm

Get behind HUCKABEE now or the gun-grabbers are going to stick it to us good!

http://www.mikehuckabee.com/?FuseAction=Issues.Home

https://www.mikehuckabee.com/?FuseAc...ontribute.Home
    Last edited by Bohemian; 02-23-2008 at 10:00 PM.

Angry

Yep,I looked it up.They are the same piece of sh-...legislation.Except it says the effective date is 2010.
    Dammit! Those bastards.I guess we need to start hounding our reps and senators again.How can we stop these @&#)@#(@#()*+_?!
    :grr:
    Give everybody guns.
    Natural selection will cull out the idiots.

when are these idiots going to get a clue? trying to pass gay laws that just won't work.. are they really that bored?
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

5. Yep it is starting to get down right scary around here. What I wonder is if that will make any difference to those gun owners who are Democrats?

I think this must illustrate to even the most ardent Democrat that no one who is a candidate from that party is going to support their 2nd ammendment rights. That should be a no brainer I know but there are plenty who consider that not to be the case. Here we have proof that the ones who have the political capital to spend in the Democrats party are spending it on gun control measures. Oh sure they have been quiet about it for a decade or so but now that they feel they have momentum on their side they will start to bring out all their old issues again now that they feel it is safe to do so. I truely think Obama not Clinton is going to be a party nominee. Then we are going to be facing a HUGE ***** sandwhich and if he wins we are all going to have to take a bite.

I don't think we have any real good choice in the up coming elections however, I think that in the likely event of McCain winning the party nomination he would be the lesser of 2 evils. I would like to see someone like Huck win but as it now sits that is highly unlikey.
    ["Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
    - Ben Franklin
    FONT]

There are masses of STUPID people in this country and I am afraid that we are and will be at their mercy..something about "the meek shall inherit" I guess...almost makes you want to give up on life don't it..but I will try to hang in there the best I can..damn them all!!
    DrLewall
    "Doc"
    Drakes Creeks, AR
    www.kiltsrock.com
    "A gun unloaded and cocked aint good for nuttin!"--Rooster Cogburn

Why don't the people of MA wait up and vote Kennedy out!!!! We are our worst enemy.
    Don
    Ret. MSgt
    USAF

Quote Originally Posted by The Gunny View Post
    Yep it is starting to get down right scary around here. What I wonder is if that will make any difference to those gun owners who are Democrats?

I think this must illustrate to even the most ardent Democrat that no one who is a candidate from that party is going to support their 2nd ammendment rights. That should be a no brainer I know but there are plenty who consider that not to be the case. Here we have proof that the ones who have the political capital to spend in the Democrats party are spending it on gun control measures. Oh sure they have been quiet about it for a decade or so but now that they feel they have momentum on their side they will start to bring out all their old issues again now that they feel it is safe to do so. I truely think Obama not Clinton is going to be a party nominee. Then we are going to be facing a HUGE ***** sandwhich and if he wins we are all going to have to take a bite.

I don't think we have any real good choice in the up coming elections however, I think that in the likely event of McCain winning the party nomination he would be the lesser of 2 evils. I would like to see someone like Huck win but as it now sits that is highly unlikey.
    I am actually tired of voting for the lesser of 2 evils... is there ever going to be a president who actually supports the constitution? I mean where do these morons come from?
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

The drunks drivers licence should be revoked.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

lesser of two evils

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    I am actually tired of voting for the lesser of 2 evils... is there ever going to be a president who actually supports the constitution? I mean where do these morons come from?
    I doubt it. When somone close to following the constitution and not the New World Order comes on the scene he would be crusified in the press like Ron Paul.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I believe the old saying still holds true Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns. My guns 0- T. Kennedy's car 1. Maybe we need a law enacted to keep this piece of work from behind the wheel of any motor vehicle.
    An armed society is a polite society.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast