Something to watch closely?

Thread: Something to watch closely?

1. Something to watch closely?

Yes I know I said I was leaving, but I guess not posting would have been a better term. Anyway, I stumbled across this article, and almost turned a blind eye to it, when I thought about how far this could go.

Basically, certain schools are now using GPS to keep track of students who miss classes frequently. It's some pretty Big Brother's watching type stuff though.

If this catches on for schools, and prices cut down as more efficient units/methods are discovered, I can certainly see this as a potential legal battle in the future, with the anti-gun crowd wanting GPS monitoring on CCW holders, or something to that extent.

Here's the article:
    Technolog - Schools use GPS to track students who skip

Seems far fetched at first that it could affect us, but can we really determine how crazy the antis really are?

I would say the the 4th Amendment would afford us protection against unreasonable search BUT no telling how far the Sheepeople in this Country will allow the continued deterioration of our Rights. I stand for mine but not everybody else likes what I stand for!
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

It wouldnt suprise me. Think how often you are on candid camera every day and how you can be tracked with your cell phone. Truely the technology is frightening. Will people stand for it? If you say a lie enough times people will believe it and there are some pretty good liars in government. So I think that bad times are coming, and soon. :mad