Another reason not to vote for Obama

Thread: Another reason not to vote for Obama

Another reason not to vote for Obama

Another reason not to vote for Obama,as if we needed anymore.

Farrakhan Praises Obama as ‘Hope of Entire World’
    by Associated Press
    Monday, February 25, 2008

Facebook Stumble Upon del.icio.us Digg Email

CHICAGO — In his first major public address since a cancer crisis, Nation of Islam Minister Louis Farrakhan said that presidential candidate Barack Obama is the “hope of the entire world” that the U.S. will change for the better. The 74-year-old Farrakhan, former leader of the black Muslim group, never endorsed Obama outright, but spent much of his nearly two-hour speech Sunday to an estimated crowd of 20,000 people praising the Illinois senator.

“This young man is the hope of the entire world that America will change and be made better,” he said. “This young man is capturing audiences of black and brown and red and yellow. If you look at Barack Obama’s audiences and look at the effect of his words, those people are being transformed.”

Farrakhan compared Obama to the religion’s founder, Fard Muhammad, who also had a white mother and black father.
    “A black man with a white mother became a savior to us,” he told the crowd of mostly followers. “A black man with a white mother could turn out to be one who can lift America from her fall.”

Farrakhan also leveled small jabs at Hillary Rodham Clinton, Obama’s rival for the Democratic nomination, suggesting that she represents the politics of the past and has been engaging in dirty politics.

Said Obama campaign spokesman Bill Burton: “Sen. Obama has been clear in his objections to Minister Farrakhan’s past pronouncements and has not solicited the minister’s support.”

Farrakhan rebuilt the Nation of Islam, which promotes black empowerment and nationalism, in the late 1970s after W.D. Mohammed, the son of longtime leader Elijah Mohammed, moved his followers toward mainstream Islam.

Farrakhan has drawn attention for calling Judaism a “gutter religion” and suggesting crack cocaine might have been a CIA plot to enslave blacks.

In recent years, however, officials with the Nation of Islam have promoted unity and tolerance among religions. Farrakhan now often quotes the texts of other religions, such as the Bible, in his speeches.

Farrakhan’s keynote address at McCormick Place, the city’s convention center, wrapped up three days of events geared at unifying followers and targeting youth.

It had a different tone from a year ago, when Farrakhan made what was called his final public address at a Saviours’ Day event in Detroit. The 74-year-old was recovering from complications from prostate cancer and months earlier had temporarily passed on leadership duties of the organization’s day-to-day activities to an executive board.

A black man with a white mother became a savior to us,” he told the crowd of mostly followers. “A black man with a white mother could turn out to be one who can lift America from her fall

And why is he a black man with a white mother and not a white man with a black father. Is this a little racist?
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I am thinking of voting as a dem in the presidential primary on the 4th...and voting for Obama no less!

I just want to do my part to get rid of Hillary and get Obama a little over-confident.

Hope it doesn't backfire on me!

"And why is he a black man with a white mother and not a white man with a black father. Is this a little racist?"

To answer your question, yes...I think it is. Any time you focus on race unnecessarily (and it is almost always unnecessary) I think you are treading on thin ice.

My $0.02
    Last edited by tarbe; 02-27-2008 at 09:47 PM.

4. I was thinking I would vote for Hillary. I think we have a better chance of beating her.

The guy talks about not being "racist", but the sister rallies here saying vote for Obama because he's "local". While not a true "racist" point of view, it's made me wonder "What does that have to do with being President?"

Between the two, I think Hillary would be a tougher opponent. She's got more money, more "special interest group" backing and Slick Willy's name.

I see more negative internet chatter about Obama than Hillary.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Generally (in the South) if you have 1% Black than you're Black. Either by your own choice because it's "cool" to be a minority or, because ignorant racists label you that way.

I don't care if he's friggin purple; the guy is as big a menace to FREE America as Clinton. Just my opinion but, I think anyone that votes for this guys Presidency would just as soon elect any foreigner into office. I know Obama is an American by birth but he's just slimy and I feel like he tries to spread himself into every possible "identity" he can.

I really didn't need to another reason NOT to vote for him but, I like the idea of giving him the elect to run and hope he ends up looking like ****** in front of our side.
    Unapologetic American
    NRA/IDPA/USPSA/GSSF