The words "to bear arms" is a military term - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The words "to bear arms" is a military term

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Agreed, but SCOTUS usurped the power of judicial review...

Their very rulings are unconstitutional...

The Second Amendment protects a preexisting, fundamental right to defend our lives, that of our friends, family, neighbors, etc., against all enemies, foreign or domestic; including but not limited to our own Government; using equal or greater force than may be brought against us; and the single most important tenet of the Second Amendment our framers left us; was the ability to remove or replace our own tyrannical government. Without the Unabridged Second Amendment they left in our care; WE THE PEOPLE have no effective means to remove or replace a tyrannical government.

The bill of rights were written in unambiguous terms to be understood by the common people...
    That is why most of the originals are so brief, they intended them to be that way; so nothing could be further read into them as SCOTUS and Congress and others have been doing...

Congress & SCOTUS and law makers at the state, local and other municipality levels have created some 22,000 and counting ambiguous exceptions to "... Shall Not Be Infringed..."

You posted the Miller SCOTUS decision for example; that has been the source of some 70 years of convoluted legal precedence that is in total contradiction to the Second Amendment...

The Heller & McDonald SCOTUS decisions further muddied the waters with ambiguity unbelievably stating that it was OK to ban some types/classes of weapons... THANK THE NRA, THE SAF and Alan Gura Esq., for the SELL-OUTS...

WTF with the Valid Sporting Purpose B.S. laws? how is that consistent with "... Shall Not Be Infringed..." ?

I am of the opinion that the Second Amendment nor any others need or should have anything read into them...
    They were created in the most unambiguous terms as possible and mean the same today as they did when they were written...
    In the case of the Second Amendment "...Shall Not Be Infringed ..." means just that PERIOD, no exceptions...

Not "...Shall Not Be Infringed ..." Except if your zip code is x, the type or class of weapon you desire to carry is y or you desire to carry said weapon openly or concealed...

THE UNABRIDGED SECOND AMENDMENT
    by J. Neil Schulman

The Unabridged Second Amendment

The First Fundamental Principle of Constitutional Interpretation: Your Rights Don't Come From Government
    Oath Keepers: CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC 101: YOUR RIGHTS DON’T COME FROM GOVERNMENT

England Gun Ban - Coming Soon To The United States For The So-Called Public Good (IF we do not get off of our collective arses)

Alan Keyes on the Second Amendment and gun rights

Ron Paul on the Second Amendment and gun rights

Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee
    The Heller & McDonald SCOTUS decisions further muddied the waters with ambiguity unbelievably stating that it was OK to ban some types/classes of weapons... THANK THE NRA, THE SAF and Alan Gura Esq., for the SELL-OUTS

Why do people think Heller and McDonald were great victories for the gun owner all those rulings did was open a new way to have more gun control. Those rulings can be interpreted wrongly by some liberal leaning lower court justices.

3. Should anyone have questions about the intent had by the authors of our constitiution here is a link to quotes made by our founders regarding firearms and "the people".

Sturm's Range 2nd Amendment Quotes

With recent developments in regards to firearms now does anyone see why I started this thread a while back?

My Translation:

Because we are a Free State we will need an army to protect our liberties from foreign enemies. An army just like the one who's butts we just kicked only bigger.
    And because the need may arrive fight against tyranny again, the Peoples right to keep and bare arms can not, shall not, and may not be messed with.
    Tolerance of the intolerant leads to the destruction of tolerance. “You are also reminded that any inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security may result in your arrest,” in the land of the free.

Quote Originally Posted by golocx4 View Post
    My Translation:

Because we are a Free State we will need an army to protect our liberties from foreign enemies. An army just like the one who's butts we just kicked only bigger.
    And because the need may arrive fight against tyranny again, the Peoples right to keep and bare arms can not, shall not, and may not be messed with.
    Pretty much how I view it, but here we are almost two years after I started this thread and here comes reinstating assault weapons ban talk. The very weapons that are protected by the second amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by bigrebnc1861 View Post
    Pretty much how I view it, but here we are almost two years after I started this thread and here comes reinstating assault weapons ban talk.
    This is just a talk, to keep your constitutional rights from those that want to take it requires action. If Feinstein received 50 million e-mail and 200 million phone calls, and 5 semi truck to deliver letters of protest, she might withdraw the bill. And if anyone wanted to sign on as a sponsor of that bill received the same attention I'm sure they would not support it. And if that does not work then 10 million militia need to go to DC until they understand. This may have to happen once per generation. It should have happened in 1969 for the Federal Gun Control Act, and the Clinton magazine ban.
    “An armed society is a polite society.”

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234