Are You Next? FBI uses covert GPS on car without warrant‏ - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Are You Next? FBI uses covert GPS on car without warrant‏

1. Brabbit

[QUOTE=Gordon Shumway;186966]Not trying to sound offensive here:
    It is rather difficult to carry on an intelligent dialog if you don't have a clue what is going on.

The article stated quite clearly why he was being tracked.

Once again I apologize if I offended anyone!!! You are right, Gordon I did not know the full story. Merely trying to point out that if the Feds can write their own rules, than why can't we try to #@*$ with their efforts until a way to stop them is iniated! Thank you Gordon for clarifying the event, I was not aware of the details involved.

[quote=Brabbit;188583]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway View Post
    Not trying to sound offensive here:
    It is rather difficult to carry on an intelligent dialog if you don't have a clue what is going on.

The article stated quite clearly why he was being tracked.

Once again I apologize if I offended anyone!!! You are right, Gordon I did not know the full story. Merely trying to point out that if the Feds can write their own rules, than why can't we try to #@*$ with their efforts until a way to stop them is iniated! Thank you Gordon for clarifying the event, I was not aware of the details involved.
    We MUST do what we can to correct these usurpations of authority.

Better have plenty of dry powder.
    Things aren't looking so rosey out here in mid-America.

Grandpa often said, "When the excrement strikes the rotating airfoil, the feculance is not equally distributed among all recipients."

4. Brabbit

Scary, but true Gordon! I just worry who amongst us is going to get hit the hardest with the excrement. Try to imagine how many "law abiding" Americans go to sleep at night actually believing that all is well in the LAND OF THE FREE AND THE HOME OF THE BRAVE !!!! With all the gadgets-cell phones, computer mail, etc., how would anyone know if they are being monitered? Next time that you put the trash can out, take a look at what it contains, and think about the many ways that certain information (garbage to us )could be used to create a profile.Maybe I'm just paranoid, but living in a rural area I recycle, compost, and burn all paper! And I consider myself to be a "GoodCitizen.

You and I are on the same page.

6. Brabbit

Gordon, I'm actually surprised that that I found someone that is on the same page as me, even somewhat relieved! I would like to know if any one else is. The time is coming for those of us that have removed those rosey colored glasses to speak up! This is still the same country that the people just a few hundred years fought to become, is it not?

My statement stands, as I gave no permission and would not know if anything were attached to my truck, removal by anyone but me will be a dicey problem. Well over half my friends are LEO's and Federal Folks, but without knowledge of a device being placed on my truck, anyone messing with my truck has a problem. Regardless of what the court allows, they place officers at risk, could be a robber and as I have had two trucks stolen moving truck or anything on it is very dicey.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    My statement stands, as I gave no permission and would not know if anything were attached to my truck, removal by anyone but me will be a dicey problem. Well over half my friends are LEO's and Federal Folks, but without knowledge of a device being placed on my truck, anyone messing with my truck has a problem. Regardless of what the court allows, they place officers at risk, could be a robber and as I have had two trucks stolen moving truck or anything on it is very dicey.
    You previously said "visiting the hospital"...

Just curious.
    If the perps were not actually in the very act of physically damaging or stealing your truck,

exactly what felonies are you prepared to commit to prevent someone from touching your truck?

Assault?
    Brandishing a firearm?
    Assault with a deadly weapon?
    Attempted murder?
    Murder?

Since you have already pre-planned your response to their supposed action,
    it couldn't be homicide or manslaughter, so it might be murder 1 or 2.

Just curious.

You have a right to protect property in Texas and unless an officer presents ID or warrant they are no better off than a criminal intent on stealing from me or harming me or my family is all I have stated visit to the hospital or being held until police arrive still works.

PS: unless they place the device on my car/truck while parked in a public place or city street, entry to acreage under my control would also be dicey. The original issue was he had no knowledge of a device being placed on car, as stated I generally know what is on/in my truck and I check it often for any problems or issues ie: oil leak, seals etc and if discovered any thing else on truck is mine to FIX or Trash.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    I have started to call it the Dell Wilkes Act. Dell Wilkes is a former USC Gamecock cocaine user and football player who became the profesional wrestler known as "The Patriot" and is now a used car salesman.
    Now THAT's funny!

11. Brabbit

Quote Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
    Now THAT's funny!
    Just curious, which part of Nightmare's statement is funny? the fact that he would go to the extreme to protect his private property, family, and friends on his property- or - the part about checking his truck thoroughly on a regular basis? In the military, we called that daily maintainance! And if more people were willing to protect their own chunk of this country, then the scum that crawl this planet would be more apt to think twice, maybe three times before trespassing on an honest man's homestead.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast