Are You Next? FBI uses covert GPS on car without warrant‏ - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Are You Next? FBI uses covert GPS on car without warrant‏

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    The original issue was he had no knowledge of a device being placed on car, .
    Wasn't the original issue that various "government entities" say that a warrant is NOT required to track a CITIZEN?

(Including the state courts of Wisconsin)

Quote Originally Posted by Brabbit View Post
    Just curious, which part of Nightmare's statement is funny? the fact that he would go to the extreme to protect his private property, family, and friends on his property- or - the part about checking his truck thoroughly on a regular basis? In the military, we called that daily maintainance! And if more people were willing to protect their own chunk of this country, then the scum that crawl this planet would be more apt to think twice, maybe three times before trespassing on an honest man's homestead.
    Check the post I quoted. The funny part is that G50AE refers to the "Patriot Act" as the name of a dope-headed ex-football player for a college team that I can't stand.

Warrant or no warrant anything on my car, placed without my knowledge, is my property to do with as I wish. I have no idea who would want to place anything on my truck/car they could just as well be criminal intent on tracking me to my home or place of business, as such they assume liability.

5. Brabbit

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway View Post
    Wasn't the original issue that various "government entities" say that a warrant is NOT required to track a CITIZEN?

(Including the state courts of Wisconsin)
    You are indeed correct, Sir! I think that maybe they are using more than tracking bugs on us

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    You have a right to protect property in Texas and unless an officer presents ID or warrant they are no better off than a criminal intent on stealing from me or harming me or my family is all I have stated visit to the hospital or being held until police arrive still works.

PS: unless they place the device on my car/truck while parked in a public place or city street, entry to acreage under my control would also be dicey. The original issue was he had no knowledge of a device being placed on car, as stated I generally know what is on/in my truck and I check it often for any problems or issues ie: oil leak, seals etc and if discovered any thing else on truck is mine to FIX or Trash.
    everyone should print this, it backs up Nightmare 45 in many ways

Supreme Law School : E-mail : Box 036 : Msg 03678

Should have attached it to a goose. I have this vision of them in a private jet tracking the suspect. Attention, all agents, the subject is roughly two feet tall with a long neck, white,grey and black in color with a black head and white ring around his neck.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

I am not suprised by the diversity of thoughts conncected to this thread.

The righteous indignation express by us is certainly understandable, but does not suggest a universal plan of action regarding the situation.

Are we, as individuals, prepared to accept the intimidation by the feds toward this native born 2nd generation US citizen?

I would bet there are many tracking devices being used. That this one is the only one we have heard about.

Fact is, if this were to happen to one of you,
    are you prepared to be arrested,
    held at unaffordable bail,
    and face many thousands upon thousands of dollars of legal expenses to defend your actions in multiple courts of Constitutional Law?
    I for one could not spend a milion dollars on attorneys to fight this for 10 years, nor do I want to try from the inside of a cell.

Fact is, that at this point agencies of the United States of America federal government BELIEVE that they have the right to covertly track American citizens WITHOUT GETTING A WARRANT to do so.
    (not to mention Wisconsin, oh I did)

What action are YOU going to take about this?

Have YOU considered writing to your state and federal congressmen about this situation?

If WE do nothing, then it will be "business as usual".

Also I would like to point out that at every level of "law enforcement" there is a thing called "tell it to the judge" that is used to manipulate and intimidate the public into submission.

From experience I can tell you that it can cost you $thousands of dollars to win in court, and have the judge chew out the arresting officer for wasting the court's time.

Trouble is, that when you are vindicated, neither the court, officer, or juridictional venue PAYS YOUR EXPENSES.

Been there, done that.

If you have another gazillion to spend on lawyers, you can attempt to sue the entity in civil court.

Even if you win, YOU LOSE.

Thumbs down Dell Wilkes

Quote Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
    Check the post I quoted. The funny part is that G50AE refers to the "Patriot Act" as the name of a dope-headed ex-football player for a college team that I can't stand.
    It's called the "Dell Wilkes Act".

I wonder how deep a gator hole it could go into before it wouldn't work? I doubt if it can tell altitude so use of a chopper flying at 60 MPH could be fun.

11. Brabbit

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway View Post
    I am not suprised by the diversity of thoughts conncected to this thread.

The righteous indignation express by us is certainly understandable, but does not suggest a universal plan of action regarding the situation.

Are we, as individuals, prepared to accept the intimidation by the feds toward this native born 2nd generation US citizen?

I would bet there are many tracking devices being used. That this one is the only one we have heard about.

Fact is, if this were to happen to one of you,
    are you prepared to be arrested,
    held at unaffordable bail,
    and face many thousands upon thousands of dollars of legal expenses to defend your actions in multiple courts of Constitutional Law?
    I for one could not spend a milion dollars on attorneys to fight this for 10 years, nor do I want to try from the inside of a cell.

Fact is, that at this point agencies of the United States of America federal government BELIEVE that they have the right to covertly track American citizens WITHOUT GETTING A WARRANT to do so.
    (not to mention Wisconsin, oh I did)

What action are YOU going to take about this?

Have YOU considered writing to your state and federal congressmen about this situation?

If WE do nothing, then it will be "business as usual".

Also I would like to point out that at every level of "law enforcement" there is a thing called "tell it to the judge" that is used to manipulate and intimidate the public into submission.

From experience I can tell you that it can cost you $thousands of dollars to win in court, and have the judge chew out the arresting officer for wasting the court's time.

Trouble is, that when you are vindicated, neither the court, officer, or juridictional venue PAYS YOUR EXPENSES.

Been there, done that.

If you have another gazillion to spend on lawyers, you can attempt to sue the entity in civil court.

Even if you win, YOU LOSE.
    Exactly!! WE need to get organized, BEFORE it's too late

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast