New ObaMao BATFE Appointee??

Thread: New ObaMao BATFE Appointee??

New ObaMao BATFE Appointee??

I'm sure alot of you have seen this...Take Action and pass it along!!!!!

Dear ****,

The U.S. Senate may soon begin confirmation hearings on one of the most dangerous political appointees of Barack Obama's presidency -- and NRA-ILA needs YOUR HELP to defeat this nomination!

President Obama has tapped Andrew Traver, a committed ringleader in the gun-ban movement, to head up the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE). Now, the U.S. Senate must decide whether to allow Traver to take over this crucial government post.

As a committed Second Amendment freedom fighter, you're well aware that this agency has an enormous and direct impact on you and other gun owners nationwide. And if Andrew Traver is confirmed by the U.S. Senate, it will turn back the clock all the way to the Clinton days when the full force of BATFE's enormous powers were leveled against gun stores and gun owners on an almost daily basis.

That's why I'm asking you to visit StopTraver.org - Landing today.

Through this special website, you can send messages directly to your U.S. Senators and make your voice heard BEFORE the Senate considers this disastrous nomination. This website also includes an important "Stop Traver" Fact Sheet with critical information you need to know about Andrew Traver.

Please understand, Traver is not just another run-of-the-mill anti-gun elitist, but a dedicated gun-ban zealot with the deepest possible ties to the national "gun control" movement.

And now, President Barack Obama wants to put him in charge of BATFE where he can inflict almost unlimited and permanent damage to our rights.

Please, visit StopTraver.org - Landing today and help us win this crucial battle -- for yourself and for every American who cherishes our constitutional Right to Keep and Bear Arms. Thanks in advance for your courageous help!

Sincerely,

Chris W. Cox
    Executive Director
    NRA Institute for Legislative Action

P.S. Anti-gun ringleaders across the country are doing everything in their power to make sure that Andrew Traver is confirmed by the U.S. Senate as the next Director of BATFE. You need to make your voice heard! Please, click here to visit StopTraver.org - Landing and help defeat this disastrous Obama nomination today!

Like most here, I got the NRA Action alert in my email yesterday. I went to the site and sent the suggested email...it's really easy.

I also wrote Obama an email on whitehouse.gov and basically asked him what the hell he was thinking...respectfully.

UPDATE: Here's the text of the return email I just received in response to my letter (mentioned above) to Senator Harry Reid (D, Nv)...

Dear Friend:

Thank you for contacting me with regard to President Obama's nomination of Andrew Traver. I appreciate hearing from you.

The role of the United States Senate in monitoring the President's nominations is one of the most important constitutional obligations we have as senators, and it is a duty that I take very seriously. On November 17, 2010, President Obama nominated Andrew Traver to serve as Director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. Please be assured that when the full Senate considers this or any nomination, I thoroughly review all testimony and pertinent information before deciding whether to support confirmation.

I took note of your concern that Mr. Traver's confirmation may adversely influence gun ownership throughout the nation. Throughout my career in both the U.S. House of Representatives and the Senate, I have fought to protect the 2nd Amendment. As a gun owner myself, I welcomed the Supreme Court's decision in District of Columbia v. Heller, which made clear that every law abiding citizen has an individual constitutional right to keep and bear arms. More recently, I was proud to be a co-signer of the historic bipartisan congressional amicus brief in McDonald v City of Chicago, which argued that the framers of the 14th Amendment took a broad view of 2nd Amendment rights. You can be certain that I will use my leadership position in the U.S. Senate to defend the 2nd Amendment and to protect the interests of Nevada's hunters and shooters.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

My best wishes to you.

Sincerely,
    A
    HARRY REID
    United States Senator
    Nevada

This should be an issue that is not based in politics and I hope that those voting on the appointment would do so based on right and wrong and not on "Right" or "Left"...Sen.Reid's reference to 'hunters and shooters' has me a little worried though, they just can't grasp that whole 2nd Amendment concept in D.C

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBack View Post
    This should be an issue that is not based in politics and I hope that those voting on the appointment would do so based on right and wrong and not on "Right" or "Left"...Sen.Reid's reference to 'hunters and shooters' has me a little worried though, they just can't grasp that whole 2nd Amendment concept in D.C
    Are not you a shooter? I would look at his comments in a lessor standing if he had just said hunters. If you don't shoot, how do you stay in practice?

If dirty Harry is such a supporter of the 2nd Amendment why did he support the nominations of Sonia Sotomayor & Elena Kagan to the Supreme Court?
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    Are not you a shooter? I would look at his comments in a lessor standing if he had just said hunters. If you don't shoot, how do you stay in practice?
    The Senator should have stated that he respects the 2nd Amendment Rights of his fellow Nevadans....by stating "hunters and shooters" he's telling us that he limits his belief in the 2ndA to uses for hunting and target practice...Not Good Enough.

Dingy Harry was most instrumental in bringing us ' Obama Care ' , I for one certainly do not trust him with the care of the second amendment after his enthusiastic support of two very Anti gun appointees to SCOTUS .
    Washington didn't use his right of free speech to defeat the British , he shot them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowjiber View Post
    Like most here, I got the NRA Action alert in my email yesterday. I went to the site and sent the suggested email...it's really easy.

I also wrote Obama an email on whitehouse.gov and basically asked him what the hell he was thinking...respectfully.

UPDATE: Here's the text of the return email I just received in response to my letter (mentioned above) to Senator Harry Reid (D, Nv)...

Dear Friend:

Thank you for contacting me with regard to President Obama's nomination of Andrew Traver. I appreciate hearing from you.

The role of the United States Senate in monitoring the President's nominations is one of the most important constitutional obligations we have as senators, and it is a duty that I take very seriously. On November 17, 2010, President Obama nominated Andrew Traver to serve as Director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. Please be assured that when the full Senate considers this or any nomination, I thoroughly review all testimony and pertinent information before deciding whether to support confirmation.

I took note of your concern that Mr. Traver's confirmation may adversely influence gun ownership throughout the nation. Throughout my career in both the U.S. House of Representatives and the Senate, I have fought to protect the 2nd Amendment. As a gun owner myself, I welcomed the Supreme Court's decision in District of Columbia v. Heller, which made clear that every law abiding citizen has an individual constitutional right to keep and bear arms. More recently, I was proud to be a co-signer of the historic bipartisan congressional amicus brief in McDonald v City of Chicago, which argued that the framers of the 14th Amendment took a broad view of 2nd Amendment rights. You can be certain that I will use my leadership position in the U.S. Senate to defend the 2nd Amendment and to protect the interests of Nevada's hunters and shooters.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

My best wishes to you.

Sincerely,
    A
    HARRY REID
    United States Senator
    Nevada
    What a load of crap. If he supports the second why didn't he sign on to the Amicus Brief in support of Heller? He went with the party flow.

The Senate is nothing more than two rival gangs fighting. The Crips (Dem) and the Bloods (Rep) have been so busy fighting each other that neither party has had a passing relationship with their constituents in decades. And as Rome burns, Nero fiddles.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS