What can we really do?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: What can we really do?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Flint, Michigan
    Posts
    756

    Red face What can we really do?

    Kinda a rant and rave here, but, everywhere I go, to my suprise, [well now days] I hear people complaining about something within the Political rhelm. What can we really do though? You can write your congressmen, but we all know that letter usually ends up being read and responded to by some secretary, and never really ends up infront of your congressmen, and if it does, youre lucky enough to recieve some sympathetic letter saying hes dealing with the matter at hand, and never really see or hear about anything being done about it.
    My point is, the vast Majority of our fellow Americans just gripe and do little or nothing about anything crooked here in the Great United States...The "American dream" is all but strong anymore, it usually applies to those protected under some Liberal law, such as our Illegals who have in some ways raped and taken advantage of our limitless tolerance.
    The main concern within the White House always seems to be "are we going to piss off any foregin country if we do this, if we do that" none of our Politicians seem to care about what we think, even if the bills they pass help us out or not...

    Were sadly very divided now days. Our Grandparents, Great Grandparents, Great Great Grandparents etc would have had what seems crazy today, solution to these problems. Instead of protesting against something useful, we as Americans seem the need to focus on things like childhood obesity, reading in schools, and Magazine capasities with weapons. All the while our Government is sending Billions a year to countries like Egypt, Haiti, Guam and ignoring todays economical decline and further seperating the middle class from the Upper classes.
    Jobs continue to leave the United States in search of cheaper labor, leaving Hundreds of thousands unemployeed and homless in some cases.

    Im not saying I have a solution to any of the problems Ive listed above, but it just amazes me how people can unite and Riot over things like the Rodney King beating, but cant seem to pull it together for job losses, and pointless Oil Prices.

    But what can we really do?

    Sorry for some of the spelling errors. Id like to hear what you think.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

  2.   
  3. We are screwed... The American public (useful idiots) do not care, that is why the DEFICIT/FED BUDGET is a JOKE, cause the American People do not care!

    Look up Agenda 21...

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Creswell, Oregon
    Posts
    3,865
    I don't think it's so much that people don't care. Most of our elected officials will cater to the hand that feeds them first. It's all about the money. The longer they can stay in office the more power they also have. So now you have power and money. But then again the people keep re-electicing these loosers, so maybe your right, the people really don't care.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Santa Fe Area, New Mexico
    Posts
    3,487
    OK, you have to start at you local level. Get involved in your local voting precinct, go to City/County Council Meeting. Make your voice and face known within the community you live. BE PART OF THE SOLUTION. Push hard in your community to get your neighbors involved as well. The quality of your Life is at your DOOR STEP, not Washington or your State Capitol, your DOOR STEP. This is were you must start the rally. And guess what, it's a dam lot of work. If your not able to add this extra burden on yourself, then go as the rest of the sheep, go and sit back and complain.
    I've made over a hundred calls in the last two evenings, yea after I've left my paying normal job. I am organizing my Precinct for the up coming County Convention. I've got about 380 more calls to make in the next week or so. In between I will also attend a GOP Party meeting and a County Council Meeting. Mileage at my expense. BUT I have to take action. Can't just sit around anymore and complain.
    BE ACTIVE, BE VOCAL and take part in the process. OR, be lead to slaughter like the rest of the sheep.
    I do add that IF YOU and your community voice your agenda and tell the party what you want them to do, they will start to perform as tasked. For too many years people have sat back and allowed the "PARTY" to tell the Precincts what they will do. THEY work for us, they will do IF WE push them. We've got to put their feet to the fire.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

  6. #5
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Flint, Michigan
    Posts
    756
    Lets just hope something changes. For far too long, we go along with what Elected officials tell us whats best for us, even though theyre sheltered and dont really know what its like out in the real world for the most part.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Santa Fe Area, New Mexico
    Posts
    3,487
    Insanity is defined as doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result. Try something different,get active in the process. That goes for the rest of ya out there as well!
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    OK, you have to start at you local level. Get involved in your local voting precinct, go to City/County Council Meeting. Make your voice and face known within the community you live. BE PART OF THE SOLUTION. Push hard in your community to get your neighbors involved as well. The quality of your Life is at your DOOR STEP, not Washington or your State Capitol, your DOOR STEP. This is were you must start the rally. And guess what, it's a dam lot of work. If your not able to add this extra burden on yourself, then go as the rest of the sheep, go and sit back and complain.
    I've made over a hundred calls in the last two evenings, yea after I've left my paying normal job. I am organizing my Precinct for the up coming County Convention. I've got about 380 more calls to make in the next week or so. In between I will also attend a GOP Party meeting and a County Council Meeting. Mileage at my expense. BUT I have to take action. Can't just sit around anymore and complain.
    BE ACTIVE, BE VOCAL and take part in the process. OR, be lead to slaughter like the rest of the sheep.
    I do add that IF YOU and your community voice your agenda and tell the party what you want them to do, they will start to perform as tasked. For too many years people have sat back and allowed the "PARTY" to tell the Precincts what they will do. THEY work for us, they will do IF WE push them. We've got to put their feet to the fire.
    Manpow has described the solution. If you aren't participating you are the problem.

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Manpow has described the solution. If you aren't participating you are the problem.
    I am in the process of writing three letters to my SC State Senator, and two of them are about RKBA issues. Does that count?

  10. #9
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Flint, Michigan
    Posts
    756
    Idk guys/gals, All I keep hearing about is new ways the Government is "trying to protect us" i.e banning Cigarettes [I am a smoker] but either way, what happened to what the General public wants? What if majority of people dont care about smokers? If theyre worried about isses like this, why not hold a vote for the people to choose? I understand thats alot of Polling, but still.
    Gay marriage, dont ask dont tell, why not find out what the General public wants? Instead, our eleted officials, despite any warning from the people, they still do what they want to do...

    Im more less just upset with Big Brother. I love my Country to death, hence why I fight for it, but still, when do we say, enough is enough? All around the world, mostly in the Middle East, the peolpe there have finally had enough, theyre protesting in large numbers against their Government, when is it our turn? 3.50 a gallon, rising food prices, loss of good high paying jobs. All these issues, and our "Amazing" President is worried about Forigen relations, worried about helping out the Egyptians, and the Japanese, when do these countries come to our Aid?

    Anyhow...Thanks for the posts
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Creswell, Oregon
    Posts
    3,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Itstjs View Post
    Idk guys/gals, All I keep hearing about is new ways the Government is "trying to protect us" i.e banning Cigarettes [I am a smoker] but either way, what happened to what the General public wants? What if majority of people dont care about smokers? If theyre worried about isses like this, why not hold a vote for the people to choose? I understand thats alot of Polling, but still.
    Gay marriage, dont ask dont tell, why not find out what the General public wants? Instead, our eleted officials, despite any warning from the people, they still do what they want to do...

    Im more less just upset with Big Brother. I love my Country to death, hence why I fight for it, but still, when do we say, enough is enough? All around the world, mostly in the Middle East, the peolpe there have finally had enough, theyre protesting in large numbers against their Government, when is it our turn? 3.50 a gallon, rising food prices, loss of good high paying jobs. All these issues, and our "Amazing" President is worried about Forigen relations, worried about helping out the Egyptians, and the Japanese, when do these countries come to our Aid?

    Anyhow...Thanks for the posts
    What you are missing here is the people don't have a clue what is good for us. That's why we need big brother to make these decisions. Thank God for progressive liberals. Why with out them taking such good care of us we could be even more independent and they wouldn't have enough victims to keep them in power.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast