MaoBama calls for improved gun background checks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MaoBama calls for improved gun background checks.

MaoBama calls for improved gun background checks.

Obama calls for improved gun background checks - Yahoo! News

The article was lacking in specifics, but what will this mean for CCW people? We've already been through the strictest, most thorough background check to carry (in most states). I say most, because some states don't do background checks before issue.
    "The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms'. If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed'." -- Ken Konecki on Usenet, on 27 Jul 1992

3. O calls 4 improved background checks...

Wish he would just call 4 his magic carpet an fly the heck outta here!!

Am I missing something? What's wrong with "improving" (whateveer that means) the system for instant background checks? I never that that they were overly burdensome, and as long as you fill out the forms correctly, they do a pretty good job, provided that you're not a convicted felon or subject to an order of protection. My only complaint is the waiting period that's imposed if your name is similar to that of a prohibited person.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Am I missing something? What's wrong with "improving" (whateveer that means) the system for instant background checks? I never that that they were overly burdensome, and as long as you fill out the forms correctly, they do a pretty good job, provided that you're not a convicted felon or subject to an order of protection. My only complaint is the waiting period that's imposed if your name is similar to that of a prohibited person.
    When the government improves anything, it only gets more convoluted; not better. When ObaMau says, "improved", he means stricter, tighter, tougher. This is only a step towards national gun registration.
    "The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms'. If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed'." -- Ken Konecki on Usenet, on 27 Jul 1992

6. Oppose the nomination of Andrew Traver to head the BATFE!! He is an anti-gun zealot!! Call (202) 224-3121 & urge to oppose HIM!

Obama Aims in the Wrong Direction on Gun Control - Page 1 - Katie Pavlich - Townhall Conservative: Obama Aims in the Wrong Direction on Gun Control - Page 1 - Katie Pavlich - Townhall Conservative

What Obama fails to mention is that Pima County Sheriff Clarence
    Dupnik, who by the way also blamed the entire shooting on "vitriolic
    rhetoric" and called Arizona the Mecca of hatred and bigotry at the
    time, had multiple encounters with Loughner for issuing death threats
    to a radio host among other things before the shooting on January 8,...
    meaning Dupnik allowed him to slip through the cracks of law
    enforcement more than once!

Obama HATES GUNS....

7. President Obama: We must seek agreement on gun reforms: President Obama: We must seek agreement on gun reforms --- NO!!! We must get back to our Constitution!!!

Oh yea, more LAWS will help / NOT... Criminals don't OBEY GUN LAWS!!!

What good are more laws when the ones we currently have are not enforced or only parts of them are enforced. The thing that would help is if you do the crime you do the time period. I don't care if they are stacked like cord wood in their cells. Maybe they would think twice before they end up in jail.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

When he presents his birth certificate and a note from his mom, hell what does he care is he playing golf again LOOSER.

Like Obama Im sure that Hitler, Stalin and others also thought their gun-control laws were quite resonable. Most states do a very in depth back-ground check when you get a permit. I recently bought(my sweet loving wife paid for it as a Christmas present) a new 410 pump shotgun. The call was made to instant check to see if I was ok and I brought my new baby home. No improvement needed. But I think what Nobama wants is a California system outlawing private sales without going through a FFL and a waiting period. Of course mandatory registration is part of it. Next step is confiscation which will be only out of my cold dead fingers mr president.

Ditto on dead fingers, Gonzales Texas had it right "Come and Take it", your president has associated with terrorist, communist and radicals.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast