Libya offensive - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Libya offensive

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
    Bye the bye, why do you suppose His Imperial Majesty took it upon himself to head to South America at this juncture of internatiional relations?

So, if our little "play" in Libya turns out badly (public opinion wise) he can blame Gates and the Joint Chiefs. If all turns out well, he can take the credit.

The consumate politician. (With the gonads of a canary.)

GG
    Actually I'd bet he blames Hillary if things go south. Or Bush.

Quote Originally Posted by medic72 View Post
    Well well well.... Here we are roughly 24hrs since the US military have started operations against Libya. I have a few questions, wasn't it our annoited saviour king potentate Obamy who spoke of the EVILS of "W"? Was it not he, who in his "red-lettered" versions of his speech's spoke out against only using force being wrong? Was it he who rallied on the EVILS of the republican war monger machine since there was NO clear definition of the mission, yet did he not condemn the profound EVILS of those across the aisle from him for going to war with no idea how long we would be "over there"? And yet yesterday oh great Obamy spoke from a pulpit almost as the sermon on the mount, explaining "we" have a coalition! (Sound familiar?) We were going to help the people of Libya from their leader is murdering the cilivians (sound familiar?)? And did he also go on and on about the evils of Qadaffi..... Oh how we forget the evil chants and rants about "W", but when Obamy creates his own war "folk" just flock to him, and release doves, annoit him with awards, accolades, lay roses at his feet... Ok I think I made my point, now that DA Obamy has us in ANOTHER conflict will the Libitards attack him as they did "W"?..... Heck no they won't! The progressive liberal movement is a scourge on this great mation and Obamy is the nuclei
    Well unlike Bushes sell of the war Obama is stating reasons that are public knowledge and have been show on all TV news stations. Unlikes Bush they got weapons of mass destruction and we have to attack them before they build a nuclear bomb.

So while I am against us butting in on Libya's citizens fight for their freedom. I can at lest see the reasons behind the president actions. Unlike Bushes actions that still have yet to produce the evidence for the reasons we attack Iraq. I see no WMD and it has came out the Iraq was not involved with Al-Qaeda or the 9/11 attack.

So Since the Libya citizens don't have they same weapons as their government I can see why other counties what to help make things equal between the two forces fighting for power.

I say if the citizens of Libya want their freedom let them fight and die for it.
    They should not need our help but us helping them by stopping the airplane attacks will save more citizens lives then if we just stayed out of it.

The only problem is we have no idea who or what will become the new government of Libya and there idea toward the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    Well unlike Bushes sell of the war Obama is stating reasons that are public knowledge and have been show on all TV news stations. Unlikes Bush they got weapons of mass destruction and we have to attack them before they build a nuclear bomb.

So while I am against us butting in on Libya's citizens fight for their freedom. I can at lest see the reasons behind the president actions. Unlike Bushes actions that still have yet to produce the evidence for the reasons we attack Iraq. I see no WMD and it has came out the Iraq was not involved with Al-Qaeda or the 9/11 attack.

So Since the Libya citizens don't have they same weapons as their government I can see why other counties what to help make things equal between the two forces fighting for power.

I say if the citizens of Libya want their freedom let them fight and die for it.
    They should not need our help but us helping them by stopping the airplane attacks will save more citizens lives then if we just stayed out of it.

The only problem is we have no idea who or want will become the new government of Libya and there idea toward the USA.
    There were WMDs found in Iraq. Just not in the amount thought or claimed by Saddam. And are still being found . WikiLeaks Show WMD Hunt Continued in Iraq – With Surprising Results | Danger Room | Wired.com

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    There were WMDs found in Iraq. Just not in the amount thought or claimed by Saddam. And are still being found . WikiLeaks Show WMD Hunt Continued in Iraq – With Surprising Results | Danger Room | Wired.com
    But even late in the war, WMDs were still being unearthed. In the summer of 2008, according to one WikiLeaked report, American troops found at least 10 rounds that tested positive for chemical agents. “These rounds were most likely left over from the [Saddam]-era regime. Based on location, these rounds may be an AQI [Al Qaeda in Iraq] cache. However, the rounds were all total disrepair and did not appear to have been moved for a long time.”

A small group — mostly of the political right — has long maintained that there was more evidence of a major and modern WMD program than the American people were led to believe. A few Congressmen and Senators gravitated to the idea, but it was largely dismissed as conspiratorial hooey.

The WMD diehards will likely find some comfort in these newly-WikiLeaked documents. Skeptics will note that these relatively small WMD stockpiles were hardly the kind of grave danger that the Bush administration presented in the run-up to the war.
    Well I fall under the blue highlighted text above. For we all knew Iraq had chemical weapons but the way Bush was making it sound the type of WMD's were nuclear not chemical or biological.

If I followed Bushes lead I could raid your house under concerns of you having martial to build WMD's. For bleach and ammonia when mixed make a nice chemical weapon and checking under your kitchen sink and bathroom sink I am sure I would find some cleaning products that could be mixed together to make a chemical weapon. But me pounding my cheat and saying I am correct for raiding your home and taking your things does not make it so.

So yes I will agree that WMD's can be found in Iraq just not the WMD's that were said to be the reason to authorizes the war in Iraq.

As for President Obama he can't win no matter what he does. He should not have waited so long. He should not have gone in to Libya. Those are just the two I heard when flipping through the channels. And as I was told if everyone is agreeing with you then you are doing something wrong or are surrounded by idiots. While I like to think that what I am doing or saying makes sense to everyone and that is why they agree, I have found out that, That is not the case.

I've been reading a book called "The Disciple" by Stephen Coonts that has an interesting "theory" (I put that in quotes because the book is a novel) on the Saddam WMDs. Basically, the idea they put forth is that Saddam wanted everyone to think he had WMDs so they would fear him and Iraq. The problem was that since he didn't actually have them he was screwed when his bluff got called (a vast oversimplification but that's the thrust of it).

They put it forth as a reason why the current President (who isn't named so I don't know if he's supposedly based on Obama or not) is reluctant to give Iran the @ss-kicking they so richly deserve when intelligence comes out that they are producing nukes.

Like I said it is a novel. It's really good so far so I would recommend it. It has some interesting twists and turns. It makes Ahmawhatshisnuts out to be a real peach, too.

Well Kasper, being as you are not a Bush administration supporter, I'm not surprised at the position you take. There is notiong that he did that you would support. To be fair I'm not an Obam administration supporter and there isn't mush he does that I don't find myself ripping apart. But, Presidents, no matter who they are, have to rely on others for information so they can make informed decisions. I can't say that Bush made the right decision on Iraq or if Obama is making the right decision on Libya. I don't have access to the information that they get. I don't know what information you have access to but if you are relying on the main stream media, that pretty much speaks for itself.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

1. S. Hussein admitted that he bluffed the WMDs to keep Iran away from the border.

2. BHO says we are participating because Gaddafi is murdering civilians. I wouldn't have a problem with this if I thought it was true.

3. Libya is attacking rebels. "Rebels" are not "civilians," they are enemy combatants. This is happening more or less in many countries throughout the world yet we do not intervene, certainly not to the extent of firing 100 missiles at $1,000,000 each.

4. Gaddafi has not been much of an enemy to the USA since we missiled his palace and killed his daughter, even less so since Dubya gave his famous "terrorist/with us or against us" speech and Libya publicly renounced terrorism.

5. We should only be supporting rebels that aim to install democracy in Libya. We have no idea what the current crisis will lead to or what groups are involved.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18
    Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
    I've been reading a book called "The Disciple" by Stephen Coonts that has an interesting "theory" (I put that in quotes because the book is a novel) on the Saddam WMDs. Basically, the idea they put forth is that Saddam wanted everyone to think he had WMDs so they would fear him and Iraq. The problem was that since he didn't actually have them he was screwed when his bluff got called (a vast oversimplification but that's the thrust of it).

They put it forth as a reason why the current President (who isn't named so I don't know if he's supposedly based on Obama or not) is reluctant to give Iran the @ss-kicking they so richly deserve when intelligence comes out that they are producing nukes.

Like I said it is a novel. It's really good so far so I would recommend it. It has some interesting twists and turns. It makes Ahmawhatshisnuts out to be a real peach, too.
    I agree that Saddam pulled a fast one. Bush also had the backing of the former first lady, Hillary, and the Ex-President. Plus a vote of CONgress allowing him to go in if Saddam did not comply.

So far, 0bama has not gotten approval for anything in Libya. And like Kasper pointed out, maybe waited too long.

So far, 0bama has not gotten approval for anything in Libya. And like Kasper pointed out, maybe waited too long.
    Y'all should take a trip to Libya, whip out your CCW badges and start blasting away.

Obama clearly sees a way he thinks he can "Redeem himself" He says he will NOT commit ground troops to Lybia, but just you watch, within a few months, the UN will decide to send in ground troops to eliminate some of the radicals who decide not to lay down arms, and before you know it, we will be fighting another war.
    I agree, Obama did speak of the Evils Bush had commited by entering Afghanistan and Iraq, but who is HE [a President who has never served] to speak of Evils of war?

Well all soon see a new mess were involved in.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast