Libya offensive - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Libya offensive

Given the supposed foreign policy change that was supposed to come with President Obama, the United States could have easily sat this one out with Germany and Russia and could have even tried to blame Bush again for the reasoning on this, but they didn't! A co-worker of mine, who dislikes all things Bush, says the Libya offensive is more like the Serbia/Bosnia offensive in the 1990s. However, assuming I follow this weak line of logic, the United States did send ground troops to Bosnia. Be careful what you wish for...

Yes, I have been a supporter of the wars over the past decade and the reasons behind them, but I am also a supporter now of an even less unpopular notion: spending less money, in all areas of government, because we don't have it! The scary thing is that if the Army "Kill Pictures" incident turns out to be true, the US will need to focus even more on Afganistan.

I posted this somewhere else but it bears repeating-IMO. The kenyan nor any president has no legal constitutional right to intervene in a soveirgn nations civil war. He calls it a no fly zone but when did tanks start flying and when did his personal home become airborne? Those are blatant attacks against military targets and non military. He has murdered people just as surely as if he put a gun to their head. Shooting million dollar missles like they were so much candy is irresponsible and immoral. We have NO DAMNED business interfering in this civil uprising. How would we like it if another country had intervened in our civil war? We killed 60,000 at Gettysburg alone. It was no one's business and it is none of our business what goes on there. More cops get killed in domestic disputes because often the "victim" turns on them also. Libya will be the same way--it is a no win situation which greatly lowers our esteem in the world's eyes. The precedent is staggering--try to change your government and "big brother" will attack someone. What a shame we did not listen to Thomas Jefferson who warned us not to become entangled in foriegn affairs. What do we expect from a president who has no international experience? The only thing he has ever done was work in the Chicago ghetto figuring out ways to rob the working classes and feed the scum. Where did this country lose it's vision of greatness and elect such a POS as he?

Quote Originally Posted by -06 View Post
    Where did this country lose it's vision of greatness and elect such a POS as he?
    We lost our vision of greatness when we aloud special interest groups to dictate policy on pure emotion. No longer do we strive to be the best that we can be. It's more important to be the right color or sex or sexual orientation or size or age or you name it. In my opinion.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Y'all should take a trip to Libya, whip out your CCW badges and start blasting away.
    Nothing there I'd want to go there for. Not even sure I'd want to go to a few others I've been to.

F-15E Eagle shot down, or the propaganda is it "Crashed" due to mechanical issues. Yea like a SAM3/4 hitting the plane. SAME story years ago concerning the rescue of the Iranian Hostages. We were blown out of the sky by our own weapons that we had sold to these puppet Nations. The "Establishment" cannot bear to state these facts to the American People. We just can't learn from our history, STILL, so we're doomed to repeat it. My question is; How many more time are we going to be allowed to repeat it?
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Obamy acts like he supports the "civilians" movement against Qadafii. I have a question, ok Qadafii took military action against an overthrow attempt correct! What would Obamy do to "us" if we went to overthrow "his" kingship" he would do the same to US civilians! And we have the RIGHT to overthrow them! So with this frame of thought why are we there...

Quote Originally Posted by medic72 View Post
    Well well well.... Here we are roughly 24hrs since the US military have started operations against Libya. I have a few questions, wasn't it our annoited saviour king potentate Obamy who spoke of the EVILS of "W"? Was it not he, who in his "red-lettered" versions of his speech's spoke out against only using force being wrong? Was it he who rallied on the EVILS of the republican war monger machine since there was NO clear definition of the mission, yet did he not condemn the profound EVILS of those across the aisle from him for going to war with no idea how long we would be "over there"? And yet yesterday oh great Obamy spoke from a pulpit almost as the sermon on the mount, explaining "we" have a coalition! (Sound familiar?) We were going to help the people of Libya from their leader is murdering the cilivians (sound familiar?)? And did he also go on and on about the evils of Qadaffi..... Oh how we forget the evil chants and rants about "W", but when Obamy creates his own war "folk" just flock to him, and release doves, annoit him with awards, accolades, lay roses at his feet... Ok I think I made my point, now that DA Obamy has us in ANOTHER conflict will the Libitards attack him as they did "W"?..... Heck no they won't! The progressive liberal movement is a scourge on this great mation and Obamy is the nuclei
    Spoken like a true American. Couldn't have said it any better my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by medic72 View Post
    Obamy acts like he supports the "civilians" movement against Qadafii. I have a question, ok Qadafii took military action against an overthrow attempt correct! What would Obamy do to "us" if we went to overthrow "his" kingship" he would do the same to US civilians! And we have the RIGHT to overthrow them! So with this frame of thought why are we there...
    My thoughts exactly. The only reason I see is because the USA sold Qadafii the weapons he is using to kill his citizens who want to over throw him. And the USA government does not want that info getting out. Like in Egypt why the hell would you place made in the USA on a can of tear gas your selling to a foreign country government.

This whole thing is becoming an unecessary mess...I dont say I dont agree with stoping this D bag, but at the same time, when is it OK to constantly spend OUR money to help out other nations when we can barley help ourselves? I say spending our money because we all know the good ol USA is going to spend billions of dollars we dont have to feed and Clothe this country in one way or another...Shoot even rebuilding....I hate to say it, but we really shoulda sat on the side lines this time.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Itstjs View Post
    USA is going to spend billions of dollars we dont have to feed and Clothe this country in one way or another...Shoot even rebuilding....I hate to say it, but we really shoulda sat on the side lines this time.
    That be the question of the day. Who's paying NATO for fuel/ordinance for these missions? You know none of these "supporting Countries" have any money. My bets are MaoBama has guaranteed to fund this whole dam thing. Ought to be out of his pocket, not the American People.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast