CT Dept of Public Safety-Make Open Carry Illegal
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CT Dept of Public Safety-Make Open Carry Illegal

Exclamation CT Dept of Public Safety-Make Open Carry Illegal

The CT Department of Public Safety (DPS) is submitting a new proposal for a bill that would ban open carry in CT, making it illegal by instituting fines and jail time.

This document is very very short.

The proposal as posted at the CT Gun Rights site.

http://www.ctgunrights.com/03.Politi...ion.Yellow.pdf

The proposal to bring legislation to fine and imprison will apply to those with conceal carry permits who accidentally reveal their concealed handgun.

Printing of handgun through clothing or exposing it in any manner accidentally or intentionally will be illegal.
    Last edited by sassedbygov; 03-25-2011 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Add info

Good luck getting that changed. We are trying to go the other way here in FL.

I really hope this doesn't pass! But don't you see the REAL reason they want to do this...you didn't highlight it, but it's there. Under 'Significant Fiscal Impacts' it states that for the State 'Penalties would benefit the general fund.'

I don't get the reasoning for conceal carry. Open carry should be mandatory if you want to carry a weapon. Concealed carry should be outlawed.

conceal carry increases response time

conceal carry doesn't dissuade the bad guys.

conceal carry doesn't allow us to make informed decisions about our surroundings.

conceal carry seems to be nothing but a compromise for political purposes - if you can't see it, it isn't there.

Certainly exposes the wheat from the chaff, if nothing else.

Not quite sure to what end, however.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Yes, making accidents felonies always does wonders for public safety.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

I always figured the government apparatus preferred their prisons filled with mostly law abiding citizens rather than dangerous criminals. It's just easier for them to manage

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    I don't get the reasoning for conceal carry. Open carry should be mandatory if you want to carry a weapon. Concealed carry should be outlawed.

conceal carry increases response time

conceal carry doesn't dissuade the bad guys.

conceal carry doesn't allow us to make informed decisions about our surroundings.

conceal carry seems to be nothing but a compromise for political purposes - if you can't see it, it isn't there.
    Banning concealed carry was started to keep abolitionists (who carried concealed) vulnerable to pro slavery mobs in the 1800's.

After the Civil War, they were added to disarm the newly freed blacks.

Gun laws are the last gasp of Jim Crow.

-Doc

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post
    Banning concealed carry was started to keep abolitionists (who carried concealed) vulnerable to pro slavery mobs in the 1800's.

After the Civil War, they were added to disarm the newly freed blacks.

Gun laws are the last gasp of Jim Crow.

-Doc
    Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner. Gun control has always been blatently racist. Google the name Jim March and see his experiences with the California may-issue permitting system. At best "may-issue" is a system of political favoritism, and at worst racist toward black and hispanic people.

So glad I left that Commie cess pool!

Should have left sooner. Better yet,I should have never went.

Feel sorry for folks there who can't afford to escape.

Best thing about Ct is the Saybrook Fish House. Otherwise it's a waste of land.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast